IGNORED

Cobra AMp D Driver

Note: This thread is 3544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/cobra-golf-amp-d-driver.html#_ga=1.38539173.748783033.1407116272

any body use this driver? thought about picking it up because 81 dollars for a cobra is a steal for me being in Alaska?

Driver-:cleve: 588 Custom 9.0   

Woods-:cleve: Launcher 3 and 5 wood 

Irons- :mizuno: JPX 825 4-GW

wedges-:cleve: CG14 60* and and :callaway: x series jaws 56*

putter-:nike: Method Core Drone

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/cobra-golf-amp-d-driver.html#_ga=1.38539173.748783033.1407116272

any body use this driver? thought about picking it up because 81 dollars for a cobra is a steal for me being in Alaska?

I have hit it at a retailer. It was nice.  My buddy plays Cobra and really likes the driver.  It was the model before the Amp, but plays similar.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would skip this one and go for the newer amp cell as you can change the lofts and it is a much better club

I have hit both and would pony up a little more to get the amp cell.  Just my opinion though

Yea, I just want to start off cheap as possible until I get better. What are the advantdges of adjustable loft?

Yea, I just want to start off cheap as possible until I get better. What are the advantdges of adjustable loft?

You can mess around with the lofts to see what gets you the best results rather then guessing say a 10.5 is best. Also it will have some draw bias options which may help you if you're just starting

Ok cool, looks like ill get an adjustable loft probably. I have a bad hook so probably fade bias would help me.

Having the adjustable loft gives you the option of finding the optimum loft for you and your swing. As you improve or go through swing changes you might need to change that loft. It makes it easier and cheaper when that time comes because it saves you from needing a new driver.

Driver: Cobra Bio Cell 9.5 Stiff

3-Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 14.5 Stiff

3-Hybrid: Adams A3 Boxer 19 Stiff

Irons: Cobra Bio Cell + 4-PW Stiff

50 Wedge: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 CB

54 Wedge: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

58 Wedge: Cleveland CG14

Putter: Odyssey White Ice #9

Having the adjustable loft gives you the option of finding the optimum loft for you and your swing. As you improve or go through swing changes you might need to change that loft. It makes it easier and cheaper when that time comes because it saves you from needing a new driver.

This

If you are on a budget, spending a bit more now will save you with future clubs and I love my Cobra driver.  I do not use any bias but I have changed the loft to get more distance

Yea since I'm going to put up more money for a Driver how does the Nike cover 2.0 perform compared to the Cobra? I'm in Alaska and dont exactly have the option of going to a big name golf store and trying out a lot of clubs.

Yea since I'm going to put up more money for a Driver how does the Nike cover 2.0 perform compared to the Cobra? I'm in Alaska and dont exactly have the option of going to a big name golf store and trying out a lot of clubs.

I hit them both today actually. They both felt good but the cobra goes farther and straighter, well for me at least. I like the covert 2.0, but for the price difference, the cobra is the one to go for in my opinion. Nothing against the Nike, but the Cobra is a better deal.

appreciate it looks like cobra for birthday coming up

appreciate it looks like cobra for birthday coming up

That sounds like a great birthday present! I'm going to order the Bio Cell myself in the next couple days! Cobra is a little underrated but definitely makes some fantastic equipment! I'm a huge fan myself haha

Yea on rock bottom golf its 164 after discount

Note: This thread is 3544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!