Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MotoGolfer250

Pure DTX grips

16 posts in this topic

I just installed my set of red Pure DTX grips. I had the P2 Wraps before and liked them. I hit a club with a DTX on it and really liked them. I ordered a set of red ones and put them on today. I am playing 36 holes on Monday so I will definitely have some better thoughts on them after that. I will report back Monday. Anybody else have or have tried the DTXs? Any opinions you want to share?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I had a dtx on my 4 iron just to try and honestly hated it. To me was un comfturble and very slippery. Hope it is better to you!

DTX are my favorite grips for irons and wedges.  I don't know why @jackieMoon thought they were slippery because that has not been my experience at all.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DTX are my favorite grips for irons and wedges.  I don't know why @jackieMoon thought they were slippery because that has not been my experience at all.

Ya I don't know what it was. Surprised me

I'm a HUGE fan of Pure Grips and have used them for years (Pure Pro).  I tried the DTX, and like jackieMoon, I for some reason found them slick.  And before Pure Grips I as a corded grip user.  I was very shocked.  Put I put the DTX grips on a buddy's clubs and he absolutely loves them.  Look exactly like the OP's.

Still couldn't get me to use another brand of grips, that's for sure.

Hmmm. Conflicting opinions here. I have Pure Pros on my woods and like them but do feel them to be a bit to slick when wet or when I'm in sweaty pig mode, which inevitably cause me to re-grip at the top and hit a crap shot. I was planning to try out the DTX but now I'm confused by these comments. I currently use Crosslines on my irons and like them in all weather.

I definitely understand the "sweaty pig mode", especially if I'm at the range on a nice hot and humid day.  Which to be fair, is exactly the set of circumstances in which I tried out the DTX.  Hot, humid, sweaty and at the range...so it probably wasn't a fair test.  My friend who has the DTX is a "sweater" (big time) and he loves them.  I think it's just one of those personal preference things.  I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of change so if it wasn't my Pure Pro's it was already an uphill battle.  :)

I definitely understand the "sweaty pig mode", especially if I'm at the range on a nice hot and humid day.  Which to be fair, is exactly the set of circumstances in which I tried out the DTX.  Hot, humid, sweaty and at the range...so it probably wasn't a fair test.  My friend who has the DTX is a "sweater" (big time) and he loves them.  I think it's just one of those personal preference things.  I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of change so if it wasn't my Pure Pro's it was already an uphill battle.  :)

Thanks for the background. I might go full cords next time around. Slippery grips have hurt my scores on more than on occasion.

Thanks for the background. I might go full cords next time around. Slippery grips have hurt my scores on more than on occasion.

Before I found out about Pure Grips, I was a full cord user.  As much as I play and as much as I'm at the range, they just ripped up my hands too bad.  Keys for me are to make sure I clean my grips regularly (again, I use Pure Pros) to keep the oils/sweat off and if it's hot and humid and my hands are in sweaty pig mode (which really happens most at the range) I keep cold water with me.  Pour some water on your hands...sweaty hands fixed.

I have now played 36 holes with them and hit about 200 range balls with them, and I love them. They feel great, and give just the perfect amount of feedback without giving too much. I understand what you guys are talking about with the sweaty hands. If im playing, I just make sure to wipe off my hands before each shot and the grips work perfectly.

If u have sweaty hands I found the winn dri tac midsize or standard grips to be great, I have them on my driver, faiway wood, ping Eye 2 2 iron driving iron,

If u have sweaty hands I found the winn dri tac midsize or standard grips to be great, I have them on my driver, faiway wood, ping Eye 2 2 iron driving iron,

The problem I have with winn grips is that they are terrible in the rain. I have not found a single winn grip to hold up with a lot of moisture

I just got the Pure DTX.  I have sweaty hands in the summer.  I will put them on a couple of clubs and write a review.  I currently use Golf Pride New Decade Multi-compound, which I feel are the best for wet conditions and sweaty hands.

One cleaning tip:  Use isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol found at drug stores) and a rag to clean your grips.  It dries quickly, removes all the grime and restores the tack in most grips.

I just got the Pure DTX.  I have sweaty hands in the summer.  I will put them on a couple of clubs and write a review.  I currently use Golf Pride New Decade Multi-compound, which I feel are the best for wet conditions and sweaty hands.

One cleaning tip:  Use isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol found at drug stores) and a rag to clean your grips.  It dries quickly, removes all the grime and restores the tack in most grips.

I'm looking forward to your review. I'm seriously considering the DTX but the feedback in this thread is a little confusing. I've considered NDMC but, dang, they're expensive! Depending on your DTX review I may just keep going with my beloved Lamkin Crosslines.

i play full cord as well and found using something like power grip liquid chalk helps during the hot, humid summer rounds.

Review is up

http://thesandtrap.com/products/pure-grips-standard-dtx-grips-black/reviews/4979