• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jballard388

Shaft Lengths

6 posts in this topic

I'm 5 feet 7 inches tall and was wondering if I should get fitted for shaft lengths for my height? Will it make a difference or can I choke up on the club and be fine?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Choking up is fine but I would be more concerned with lie angle rather than club length. I would get the lie angle fitted.

Choking up is fine but I would be more concerned with lie angle rather than club length. I would get the lie angle fitted.

I agree completely. Don't worry about the length. Go and get the lie angle of your clubs fitted for your height and your swing.

I'd get fitted for length and lie - gripping down will have an effect because most grips taper. You can build it up.

Standard shaft length varies among manufacturers - so I'd get fit.

Awards and Achievements

I'm +3/4" and 1* up. After playing this way for years it's hard to hit anyone else's clubs square.

Awards and Achievements

I got fitted at Demo Day, at 6' 2" I was lengthened 1/2" and +2 degrees up. These were Taylormade r7 irons 3-PW steel shafts and a compliment of Burner driver and 3 and 5 woods. I did buy a 56 degree lob wedge, Black Max. These clubs are the ticket for me and will last me the rest of my life, maybe 15- 20 yrs God willin'. I bought a set GCBs I believe they are off the rack and the difference is quite noticeable as far as fit. I play 2-3 times a wk.  FWIW