IGNORED

Shaft Lengths

Note: This thread is 3540 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm 5 feet 7 inches tall and was wondering if I should get fitted for shaft lengths for my height? Will it make a difference or can I choke up on the club and be fine?

Driver-:cleve: 588 Custom 9.0   

Woods-:cleve: Launcher 3 and 5 wood 

Irons- :mizuno: JPX 825 4-GW

wedges-:cleve: CG14 60* and and :callaway: x series jaws 56*

putter-:nike: Method Core Drone

Choking up is fine but I would be more concerned with lie angle rather than club length. I would get the lie angle fitted.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Choking up is fine but I would be more concerned with lie angle rather than club length. I would get the lie angle fitted.

I agree completely. Don't worry about the length. Go and get the lie angle of your clubs fitted for your height and your swing.

Driver: Cobra Bio Cell 9.5 Stiff

3-Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 14.5 Stiff

3-Hybrid: Adams A3 Boxer 19 Stiff

Irons: Cobra Bio Cell + 4-PW Stiff

50 Wedge: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 CB

54 Wedge: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

58 Wedge: Cleveland CG14

Putter: Odyssey White Ice #9

I'd get fitted for length and lie - gripping down will have an effect because most grips taper. You can build it up.

Standard shaft length varies among manufacturers - so I'd get fit.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I'm +3/4" and 1* up. After playing this way for years it's hard to hit anyone else's clubs square.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

I got fitted at Demo Day, at 6' 2" I was lengthened 1/2" and +2 degrees up. These were Taylormade r7 irons 3-PW steel shafts and a compliment of Burner driver and 3 and 5 woods. I did buy a 56 degree lob wedge, Black Max. These clubs are the ticket for me and will last me the rest of my life, maybe 15- 20 yrs God willin'. I bought a set GCBs I believe they are off the rack and the difference is quite noticeable as far as fit. I play 2-3 times a wk.  FWIW

Note: This thread is 3540 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!