IGNORED

Bubba Watson meets and thanks one of his harshest critics

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/08/bubba-watson-meets-one-of-his.html

Quote:
"I need to be held accountable," he said following a third-round 73 that left him at two-over-par 215. "The Bible says you don't act that way, and I did." So he thanked "all the people on Twitter, all my supporters, and the media. I love it. I'm glad people called me out."

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In before the liberal elite on this site post, "Christian BS."

Myself, I'll accept what he said at face value.

How about we keep all "labeling" to a minimum. :-) Thanks

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

In before the liberal elite on this site post, "Christian BS."

Myself, I'll accept what he said at face value.

??????

You really must have some hang ups if you can't focus on what is between the lines and what has actually been said in certain posts.

You think you're in a race? And that making some smug remark wins points? Rather than the one line insults, how about a detailed exposition of your standpoint?

FYI the "Christian BS" term  is not a pejorative slight aimed at all Christians, it is aimed directly at Bubba's brand of Christianity, where he paints himself as superior, but shrouds it in phony humility.

Bubba is the Justin Bieber of golf.

This is the pattern. They are identical:

Behave atrociously.

Tweet something like #tryingtogetbetter and a religious phrase. Add some suck up phrase to fans.

Rinse.

Repeat.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator
actions speak louder than words, and he acts like a major league prick

And if you're constantly "learning" the same lessons… what does that say?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[QUOTE name="iacas" url="/t/76447/bubba-watson-meets-and-thanks-one-of-his-harshest-critics#post_1037687"]   And if you're constantly "learning" the same lessons… what does that say? [/QUOTE] He be stupid.

Not necessarily. He struggles with the same things. As do we all.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

...that he plays golf?

Lol.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

This forum is the best.  I don't think there is one single golfer - past or present - where we could come to a consensus and say, yes that guy is a good guy.

Bubba is too stupid and religious and doesn't know his French history

Henrick is too smart and robotic

DJ is a coke-addicted home wrecker

Rickie is a peacock who wears a funny hat

Phil is too fake, or too real, or has a fake/real smile

Sergio can't win the big one and is an a-hole

Tiger (100 threads on his faults already)

Rory broke off his girlfriend with a phone call

Bobby Jones was a racist

Duff is too fat and doesn't deserve his smokin' hot wife

ISTG, if Mother Theresa and Gandhi were having a match, this forum would jump all over her because she couldn't get up and down from a tight lie.  And Gandhi will never be any good until he learns the ball flight rules.

This place is FAAANtastic

BTW, I don't care if Bubba carries a Bible in place of one of his wedges.  He's a freak with a golf club in his hands.  That's all i care about.  It's all good fun reading everyone's opinion.  As long as there is a level of respect mixed in.  (except when it comes to Rory Sabatini, that guy really is a POS.)

• Upvote 1

Occam's razor

This forum is the best.  I don't think there is one single golfer - past or present - where we could come to a consensus and say, yes that guy is a good guy.

Bobby Jones was a racist

ISTG, if Mother Theresa and Gandhi were having a match, this forum would jump all over her because she couldn't get up and down from a tight lie.  And Gandhi will never be any good until he learns the ball flight rules.

BTW, I don't care if Bubba carries a Bible in place of one of his wedges.  He's a freak with a golf club in his hands.  That's all i care about.  It's all good fun reading everyone's opinion.  As long as there is a level of respect mixed in.  (except when it comes to Rory Sabatini, that guy really is a POS.)

Excellent post @CraiginKSA .  Perhaps if MT and Gandhi had read Lowest Score Wins .. ;-)

This is the internet.  And unfortunately finding flaws tends to come out in everyone's posts from time to time.  Bubba is trying to apologize to the public with statements and tweets.  Some can accept that and others cannot.  Such is life.  I hope he can really learn from this, but that will take maturing a bit more.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Bobby Jones was a racist

And it's also a forum where if someone said, "Charles Manson was a prick," I actually think there would be people coming to his defense saying that we don't know his situation or that we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

There are both kinds here.  And that's okay.  If we all thought the same things and had the same opinions there wouldn't be any need to ever log on.

You are absolutely correct at the end of your post.  And most things stay respectful here.  I've seen a lot of disagreement but not very much hostility.

I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer.  That's the difference my left ear is from my right.  -  Ben Crenshaw

Golf is like a love affair.  If you don't take it seriously its no fun.  If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.  -  Arthur Daley

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive  -  Arnold Palmer

Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues and some on golf courses  -  Adlai Stevenson

ISTG, if Mother Theresa and Gandhi were having a match, this forum would jump all over her because she couldn't get up and down from a tight lie.

Pfffft they're not even American.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Bubba is a joke. He needs to stick to being an ass/moron, or, be a good guy - right now he's an ass/moron constantly apologizing and trying to reiterate that he is actually a good guy.

He's lost in the void somewhere between those two which is worse than either.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 3518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!