IGNORED

Should a competitor be forced to assist another competitor?

bkuehn1952
Note: This thread is 3542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should a competitor be forced to assist another competitor?

• Yes
    • No

I hope this is better for all the F*CKIN' grammar teachers on here. Yes grandfathering does work for equipment just like in hockey with the helmets. Secondly, its clear to see who can think for themselves and who is sucking the dicks of everything the R&A; along with the USGA have to say. Thirdly, steroids in baseball are illegal period! so bringing that up was pointless along with galleries moving objects for tiger. Never was any of that in the rules. If you are going to bring up points in an argument that you clearly wanted to start, make sure they are valid!!! Its amazing how many simple minded people can talk so much sh*t about something they clearly know nothing about! Finally if a post is just too long for you to read on here, which there is none that I've ever come across then maybe you're just to stupid and have no comprehension of what a paragraph is.

Who are you talking to,what are you talking about and why are you so freakin' mad? Chillax bro.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Who are you talking to,what are you talking about and why are you so freakin' mad? Chillax bro.

Who's mad? I'm calm cool and collected. Just proving a point to a few on here that clearly didn't like my opinion because it was different from theirs...funny there was a time when people got crucified for having their own thoughts. I thought civilization moved past that...guess there still is some not-so-up-to-date with humanity type of people out there.

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

I hope this is better for all the F*CKIN' grammar teachers on here. Yes grandfathering does work for equipment just like in hockey with the helmets. Secondly, its clear to see who can think for themselves and who is sucking the dicks of everything the R&A; along with the USGA have to say. Thirdly, steroids in baseball are illegal period! so bringing that up was pointless along with galleries moving objects for tiger. Never was any of that in the rules. If you are going to bring up points in an argument that you clearly wanted to start, make sure they are valid!!! Its amazing how many simple minded people can talk so much sh*t about something they clearly know nothing about! Finally if a post is just too long for you to read on here, which there is none that I've ever come across then maybe you're just to stupid and have no comprehension of what a paragraph is.

Oops, I fed the troll.  My bad.

Marshall

Who's mad? I'm calm cool and collected. Just proving a point to a few on here that clearly didn't like my opinion because it was different from theirs...funny there was a time when people got crucified for having their own thoughts. I thought civilization moved past that...guess there still is some not-so-up-to-date with humanity type of people out there.

Crucified how?

If someone disagree with you means they are crucifying you on your position, you need to get a thicker skin. Civilized conversation can actually contain disagreements. It doesn't look good when you can't even hold up against the slightest argument against your position on a subject. Especially when you posted the following as your response,

You sound very mad in this post. Notice all the cursing and the exclamation points, I bolded a few to help you see them. This sort of writing would clearly state a person who is upset. Derogatory terms, calling people stupid. All you proven is your inability to act mature.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

All you proven is your inability to act mature.

However, excellent improvement in the ability to capitalize the first letter of each sentence.

Baby steps, saevel......baby steps...

:-P

Bill - 

...funny there was a time when people got crucified for having their own thoughts. I thought civilization moved past that...

Obviously not a fan of the evening news.......

• Upvote 2

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

However, excellent improvement in the ability to capitalize the first letter of each sentence.

Isn't that like getting the remarks, "Willingness to learn" on a terrible report card. ;-)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I'm with Erik and @David in FL and a few others on this one. In the spirit of this game, and any game, there is a time when it is nice to simply be a decent human being and an overall good sport. I think it would take a pretty mean-spirited prick (my true thoughts result in asterisks) to force Rory into the next day. If that were my son I would feel accomplished as a father if my boy waved the competition up to help get their round finished. This is a bit of a stretch, but t's like the marathon runner who gives up their place to help a runner that just can't make it to the end on their own. That selfless moment of true sportsmanship and human decency that makes somebody a likable athlete and person.

If any player in that situation would have argued against allowing Rory to play up to cause him to wait until the next day, they would be literally eaten alive by media and fans for probably the rest of their career. That's not a simple d*** move that wears off of your resume in a short period of time. That's something that can tarnish your reputation and brand for a long, long time.

Playing football all of my life, I met many parents, coaches and players who were of the mindset to "win at all costs". They were generally pretty miserable people, with not many friends and based their life's worth on wins and success by any means necessary. I remember hurting a QB (I played ILB) and I didn't see him down on the ground still until the play was over. I heard an assistant coach yelling over to me saying "YEAH! THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!". I went over to the kid and helped him back up. Thankfully, he just had the wind knocked out of him. Gave him a smack on the helmet and ran back to my sideline only to be reamed out for "showing weakness". I'll never teach my kid that type of bs. Life is too short to be a miserable SOB. That mentality should be reserved for the armed forces where your life is on the line and not in sports.

I'm pretty sure that @Fourputt was simply asking you to try and format your posts a little bit better so that they are easier on the eyes. You have to admit that lack of punctuation, capitalization, etc. is kind of hard to follow. I mean, would you take the time to read and comprehend a news article that was poorly written? You'd likely discredit their legitimacy and move on, or simply get annoyed and stop reading.

Good you've learned the Shift key. Now let's work on Enter.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

So to clarify, I post my opinion on rushing the final round and some of the bad calls made on putters which I stated was my opinion. get 4 or 5 replies on punctuation along with invalid points about drugs and players moving objects that shouldn't be moved and I'm in the wrong because they didn't like what I said and they brought up points that had nothing to do with what I said. I would try to explain it in a simpler form but I still think it would be too complex for a very select few readers. I hope this post wasn't too graphic for all our pg13 rated viewers. I don't think it is me that needs the thicker skin sir I'm pretty sure it is a few others that can't take a post that calls them out.

For the most part every post I have read or been a part of on here I have found very friendly and helpful. I really could care less what people think of me and I had no idea that there were people that are able to play golf while still breast feeding. If my posts were too hardcore for such sensitive readers I apologize, next time I'll check the rating in the bottom corner to make sure I know what context to use. And yes I had no idea it was mandatory to use proper text because punctuation is clearly the most important part of the post. I guess if the point someone is trying to make really has no relevance then yes punctuation might be all they have to pick on.

I don't think Phil was mad because they teed off.  Rickie said they knew they were going to tee off but they didn't know they were going to hit their second shots.  I think they were just surprised at the approaches, that's all.

Don't believe everything you hear the media report.

I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer.  That's the difference my left ear is from my right.  -  Ben Crenshaw

Golf is like a love affair.  If you don't take it seriously its no fun.  If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.  -  Arthur Daley

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive  -  Arnold Palmer

Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues and some on golf courses  -  Adlai Stevenson

Just some friendly advice; If you are going to attempt to bust someone up on grammar, make sure you spell the word correctly. saevel should be spelt several. But I'm sure you knew that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownCoast View Post
I really could care less what people think of me and I had no idea that there were people that are able to play golf while still breast feeding.

I don't care who reads that.  It's just a very funny line.

Quote:

Just some friendly advice; If you are going to attempt to bust someone up of grammar, make sure you spell the word correctly. saevel should be spelt several. But I'm sure you knew that!

Saevel25 was the poster I was replying to....but I forgot to capitalize his name..  OMG the world is ending!!!!!

Bill - 

So to clarify, I post my opinion on rushing the final round and some of the bad calls made on putters which I stated was my opinion. get 4 or 5 replies on punctuation along with invalid points about drugs and players moving objects that shouldn't be moved and I'm in the wrong because they didn't like what I said and they brought up points that had nothing to do with what I said. I would try to explain it in a simpler form but I still think it would be too complex for a very select few readers. I hope this post wasn't too graphic for all our pg13 rated viewers. I don't think it is me that needs the thicker skin sir I'm pretty sure it is a few others that can't take a post that calls them out.

No your post got ripped for being very hard to read due to sloppy grammar. Then you went crazy with all the derogatory remarks and cursing, which gets you no were at all. A

Glad you could show some restraint on not being condescending  (sarcasm).

For the most part every post I have read or been a part of on here I have found very friendly and helpful. I really could care less what people think of me and I had no idea that there were people that are able to play golf while still breast feeding. If my posts were too hardcore for such sensitive readers I apologize, next time I'll check the rating in the bottom corner to make sure I know what context to use. And yes I had no idea it was mandatory to use proper text because punctuation is clearly the most important part of the post. I guess if the point someone is trying to make really has no relevance then yes punctuation might be all they have to pick on.

Not really mandatory because everyone is human. At least try to make an effort. I am probably the last person to talk about grammar, but at least I do try. Also, don't take it so seriously. Just because someone decided to nail you on your grammar doesn't mean you have to go bonkers on your next post.

Just some friendly advice; If you are going to attempt to bust someone up of grammar, make sure you spell the word correctly. saevel should be spelt several. But I'm sure you knew that!

No, saevel is at it should be spelled as by my username he was referring to.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Just some friendly advice; If you are going to attempt to bust someone up on grammar, make sure you spell the word correctly. saevel should be spelt several. But I'm sure you knew that!

Says the person who wrote "I really could care less" .

LOL

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Let's see... 51 posts and you are already "calling out" respected members who have been posting civil responses to a lot of controversial topics for many years?

And yes, syntax and grammar can be important to getting your point across without resorting to profanity.  This isn't a texting service, it's a discussion forum.  If you want your posts read and taken seriously, then you can at least make the attempt.  Your last two posts have been nicely formatted, although the content is a bit rough.  Just take this as a learning experience and let's all try to get on a bit better.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I don't care who reads that.  It's just a very funny line.

Saevel25 was the poster I was replying to....but I forgot to capitalize his name..  OMG the world is ending!!!!!

That was my fault then. I thought you were saying baby steps, several baby steps. I apologize for that one.

Says the person who wrote "I really could care less".

LOL

Shorty, you just had to go there didn't you!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 3542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!