IGNORED

Most up and down round of golf you've played?

islandersfan1
Note: This thread is 3540 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Front 9: 39
Back 9: 50

This was by far the most lopsided round I've ever had in my life and it happened last year. I went out feeling fantastic and played really well. On the back 9, I literally still have no idea what happened. I felt fine but I was absolutely inconsistent as hell. I rarely top shots and I remember doing it several times. I rarely duff a tee shot with my driver and I did that twice as well. My timing was completely thrown off and I could not do anything to fix it at the time. I'll blame it on the hot dog at the turn.... :beer:

Especially the first four holes were interesting.

46/41, 87

1: 8 - Quad bogey

2: 2 - Birdie

3: 8 - Triple bogey
4: 2 - Birdie

5: 5 - Bogey

6: 3 - Par

7: 7 - Double bogey

8: 5 - Par

9: 6 - Double bogey

10: 5 - Par

11: 4 - Par

12: 3 - Par

13: 8 - Triple bogey

14: 4 - Par

15: 3 - Par

16: 4.5 - Bogey

17: 3 - Par

18: 5.5 - Bogey

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First day of this years club championship. I have been fighting a snap hook of the tee all year. Worked my butt off on front nine to shoot a 35, 1 under par. We didn't have enought guys play to close the course. A outing was going on that day they were finishing nine as we teed off 1. They sat in the club house eating and drinking and when we finished nine they were just going off the back. Had a 45 minute wait on hole ten. Finally got to tee off and snap hook it into woods. Three off the tee and make a double on ten. My group played the front nine in a hour and ten. We played the back nine in 2 and a half hours and i shoot 45. Had too much time between shots to think about where not to hit it. Side note to all slicers. If someone tells you to learn how to draw the ball, tell them no thanks. You can't talk to a snap hook. Would love to fade the ball again.

Side note to all slicers. If someone tells you to learn how to draw the ball, tell them no thanks. You can't talk to a snap hook. Would love to fade the ball again.

This is slightly off-topic, but the general reason some people teach a student to hook the ball to fix their slice is because some believe it easier to fix a hook than straighten a slice. I know whenever I leave the ball out to the right on any regular basis (even if it's just a big push) I'll hook some shots on the range and then work my way back to my draw.

I understand that. Just venting. Golf game peaked a few years ago. Used to hit straight or slight fade every shot. Would hit a big slice if i went at it to hard. Worked my butt of to learn a draw and played well for two years. Then came kids, house and no time to practice. Play league once a week for nine holes. Course has no driving range and i have no time to practice. Game slowly went the other way to the where it is now. Hit pull hook, snap hook and every other type of hook known to man. Have a friend who is a teaching pro and went to work this out. Two trips to the range for instruction and now hit it even worse. The pro who has seen my swing for over tens years just shakes his head. He wants to rebuild my swing from scratch but dont have the time to do this. Living in northern New York I only get 6 months of golf a year. Close to buying a boat and giving up golf. Frustration has taken over, would just love to get back to my fade and have fun playing again. But back to the original point, knowing what I know now I would never have learned to hit a draw.

36-45-81

3 birdies on the front, two doubles and a triple on the back.

Just last week I went 40-44-84, with five pars and four doubles on the back. No bogeys. These kinds of round are fairly typical for me. Lotsa pars and "others".

Bill M

I was playing my normal Monday morning game with my friend Jim, and had just bought some yellow Srixon balls. On this day I started with 4 bogeys and 4 double-bogeys. I can't remember the last time I was 12 over after 8 holes, but there was no way that I was going to quit.  Besides, my friend Jim has only beaten me once straight-up during our 25 year friendship, and that was for nine holes, so I'm sure he felt that this was finally his day.

Anyway, on the ninth hole I changed back to my Pro V1 white ball, and told Jim it was the yellow ball's fault for all of my bogies. Well, the next ten holes I shot even par with an eagle, a birdie, 3 bogies and 5 pars. I ended up shooting 83 and Jim shot 85, a good round for Jim but a better come back for me.

Another time

Hole #1 - Double bogie

Hole #2 - Bogie

Hole #3 - Par

Hole #4 - Birdie

Hole #5 - Par 3 - I made a birdie, but my tee shot was 12 inches behind the hole. ALMOST an eagle.

Since the first 4 holes were par 4's my score looked like this.. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.

And since #6 was a par 4, I had absolutely no chance to make a hole-in-one.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

36 front and 56 back.  I went par through 9 holes (3 birdies, 3 pars, and 3 bogeys), and 20 over on back 90.  Could not even break 90 as my game came apart on the last 6 holes.

• Upvote 1

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

36 front and 56 back.  I went par through 9 holes (3 birdies, 3 pars, and 3 bogeys), and 20 over on back 90.  Could not even break 90 as my game came apart on the last 6 holes.

WOW! Sounds like Jekyll & Hyde played that day.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

My second round this year was 52/38 - front side I couldn't hit anything, missed almost every fairway & green and saved no shots around the green; back side I made 2 birdies, was never in trouble off the tee, 1 sand trap on the back and saved a several pars/bogeys with chips or putts.

Players play, tough players win!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

36 front and 56 back.  I went par through 9 holes (3 birdies, 3 pars, and 3 bogeys), and 20 over on back 9.  Could not even break 90 as my game came apart on the last 6 holes.

WOW! Sounds like Jekyll & Hyde played that day.

Yeah, I need a good sports psychologist :cry: .

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3540 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!