IGNORED

Robin Williams Dead of Suicide at 63

iacas
Note: This thread is 3512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Depression doesn't make a person do rational things.

No judgment whatsoever from me. I'm just very, very broken hearted by this. Please do everything you can to seek help if you're suffering from depression. Please. "It's not your fault. It's not your fault." Seriously.

• Upvote 2

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This hurts. Grew up watching his movies and following his career. Having had family members deal with depression and dealt with on a small scale personally, this hits too close to home.

The worst part is that he thought he had nothing to live for and all of the love and support that's coming out in the news of his death shows that he did. He'll never get to see, or experience, any of it.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Depression doesn't make a person do rational things.

No judgment whatsoever from me. I'm just very, very broken hearted by this. Please do everything you can to seek help if you're suffering from depression. Please. "It's not your fault. It's not your fault." Seriously.

As bad as things seem now suicide is never the answer. There is always someone out there that loves you. Like JetFan said, find help. It's worth living.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Very sad to hear. Hoped that it was a hoax, but obviously not the case.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Yikes! Like dentists. Wonder why.

Underrated part of standup comedy: at that level, you're not just supposed to be funny, you're supposed to be funny right now . On a shitty Monday at 8, or the best day of your life at 11. And you can't let anyone know the difference. That means you're constantly lying to yourself about your feelings. Constantly in denial.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Underrated part of standup comedy: at that level, you're not just supposed to be funny, you're supposed to be funny right now. On a shitty Monday at 8, or the best day of your life at 11. And you can't let anyone know the difference. That means you're constantly lying to yourself about your feelings. Constantly in denial.

You also have to look into the darkest parts of yourself and the world and somehow make it funny ... I can see how that can weigh on you and cause issues.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Very sad day indeed. RIP.

Having directly known 5 people that have committed suicide the way I rationalise it is by saying depression is no different to cancer. Some people get cured, some don't, sadly this is the result when they don't get the treatment they need. It is a disease/illness of the brain and very difficult to diagnose and treat. Until more people start to think of it this way I don't think things will change. (sorry, not wanting to start a suicide thread!)

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

Terrible tragedy. I always enjoyed his movies. I was lucky enough to see him live for one of his comedy shows about 6-7 years ago. Brilliant comedian. He will be missed!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Many moons ago I'd go to the spots he'd randomly show up and do improv, didn't know who was on for the night, just went because maybe he'd show up. Never got lucky. Alas. He could take a string of unrelated random current events and string them together into a hilarious narrative. His make s*** up as you go along at breakneck speed was unbelievable. I'd look aside and think, is someone getting this down? [video]http://youtu.be/-ZMsZUyjXdg[/video] There are a few other of his Charlie Rose appearances on YouTube, I think he was a somewhat frequent returning guest.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I can see how this post can easily bring about two different off shoot threads. 1. feelings and opinion regarding suicide and those that commit it! 2. feelings and opinion about depression and those that suffer from it or have experience or family member experience with it! Back to topic, I am sad that he couldn't find that which made his life worth living! (Assuming it was a suicide that is)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I can see how this post can easily bring about two different off shoot threads.

1. feelings and opinion regarding suicide and those that commit it!

2. feelings and opinion about depression and those that suffer from it or have experience or family member experience with it!

Back to topic, I am sad that he couldn't find that which made his life worth living! (Assuming it was a suicide that is)

Decorum, to me at least, says to respect the departed. If you want to take the discussion elsewhere I'm sure we got the bandwidth to start a new thread.

I'm with @JetFan1983 . Just very saddened.

Decorum, to me at least, says to respect the departed. If you want to take the discussion elsewhere I'm sure we got the bandwidth to start a new thread. I'm with @JetFan1983 . Just very saddened.

I'm confused as to what you are trying to say to me in the above post!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

From some of these comments, I am guessing that some of you have never suffered from great depression.

It is a terrible illness. Many brave, intelligent people have had their lives destroyed by it.

Either he was not on meds, did not take his meds, or they could not find a pharmaceutical cocktail that worked for him. I guess that he suffered from depression his entire life. Can you imagine the roller coaster ride of Robin Williams? Lots of suffering took place during his life ... highs and lows.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!