IGNORED

PHENOMS -- Please check in! You've been awfully quiet.

Shorty
Note: This thread is 3532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by matic

Come on now... did you even read this thread?  ;)

Busted!

But a nice effort by @jetsfan nonetheless.

Maybe the OP cured his slice and is on tour now. :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I envisioned becoming a tour pro once. Then, suddenly, my body mysteriously began producing high levels of estrogen. I lost all distance and control with my swing. No worries - every cloud has a silver lining. With my new hair trigger 16 year old teenage female persona, I decided to join a golf forum and make call out threads about people who think they're going pro. Because threads like that are positive, productive, and help grow the knowledge of the game for new players. In my spare time, I get high on anxiety. Specifically, the panic attacks I get when reading posts related to users pondering the age old question: blades vs cavity backs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Here are some of the those guys and their respective threads. I wonder where they are now (well, except one: we know where @mjbond23 is. Hope he does well out on the mini-tours).

@FutureTourPro

Come on now... did you even read this thread?  ;)

LOL. I was actually laughing my ass off reading your old thread (I remembered it) while searching for those old Phenom threads. By accident, I linked to that one.

Sorry, I meant to link this one:

@FutureTourPro

They both begin with a similar "I will become" or "I will be" so you could see how the mix up could take place as I quickly added them into a post. Plus, you can see the "futuretourpro" mention above the original link, so hehe. Proof I do read... sometimes....

Constantine

I'm definitely going pro.  I've been working hard since last year saving up for all the irons. I just need the 3-5 irons now . .and then I turn pro.

I tried to get sponsored by some major club companies but . .apparently you have to already *have* all the clubs before they'll give you any.  How does that make sense?

Edit . . truthfully, I also need a sand wedge but I figured I could play my first tournament without one and then get one with my first check.

• Upvote 1

My next dream is to beat Usain Bolt in both the 100 and 200.

That's certainly doable. He's actually not that good. Had rich parents.

I'm learning guitar and hope to replace Keith Richards by the end of 2016.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

My next dream is to beat Usain Bolt in both the 100 and 200.

All you need is 10,000 hours and a blog.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

I'm still here. I'm not trying to be on tour, just trying to be the best golfer I can be. Hopefully that is on tour, but I doubt it. My game is horrible right now by the way.. swing changes have started for next season. I feel like I suck, shot 1 over on 9 yesterday but hit the ball horribly.. not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

I am about 350 hours into the 10000.   And to be honest @Shorty , I have backslidden. I started yellin' a my caddy and such, I am generally irritated a lot, and not very bright.  I have been living a pharisaic existence.  It is not a matter of if I have the talent or that I don't want it, sometimes I do.  It seems the good Lord just does not want me to need to seek to have it and get there.  It all comes down to that, if HE wants me to get there I would, but it seems HE does not.  I think His will has been spoken to me and it is probably time I sell the clubs and buy a couple more rifles so I can do more hunting and have more of dem around the house just in case(Y3K scare and all).  I hope this was not too laconic.  I am sure you will miss me buddy, God bless.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I am about 350 hours into the 10000.   And to be honest @Shorty , I have backslidden. I started yellin' a my caddy and such, I am generally irritated a lot, and not very bright.  I have been living a pharisaic existence.  It is not a matter of if I have the talent or that I don't want it, sometimes I do.  It seems the good Lord just does not want me to need to seek to have it and get there.  It all comes down to that, if HE wants me to get there I would, but it seems HE does not.  I think His will has been spoken to me and it is probably time I sell the clubs and buy a couple more rifles so I can do more hunting and have more of dem around the house just in case(Y3K scare and all).  I hope this was not too laconic.  I am sure you will miss me buddy, God bless.

Holy shit! It's Bubba Watson!

Riley

Holy shit! It's Bubba Watson!

No, I'm right handed.  Thanks though, wish I had that kind of money, but you know what they say, "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle..."

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I am about 350 hours into the 10000.

That's plenty. In fact, the Zen part of me says it's possibly too much.

For some, 100 hours is enough.

10,000 is the benchmark for those who have no physical abilities or drive.

I tell my students that I expect two things:

1: Self belief

2: A disdain for the haters

For the guys who are hovering between plus 3 and plus 5 handicaps, I direct them to TheDanPlan and Leviticus.

I know they will make it when they come to me, without prompting and say "I realise now that it's not about golf".

My reply is always "You've got it. It's about dreams".

To those who fail, I simply tell them that they allowed someone to step on their dreams. Allowing that to happen shows me that they don't have the guts to chase a dream. They're out after that.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I thought I figured it out earlier this summer.... I was playing in tournaments and doing amazingly well.... 8 rounds my relation to par was -7, and these were difficult courese, in the range of 74.5-75.5 and slopes of 130-140.

I thought all the potential people always told me I had was finally coming through, then the second round of my state open happened.  I shot two under the first day and I was feeling golden.  The next day I shot 9 over and haven't even played decently since that day. Haven't broken par once.

Golf is hard.  My handicap is back to +0.4 and rapidly going up currently.  I was approaching +2 earlier this summer.  It isn't even fun for me to play right now.  Right before my season starts, too.  Which is wonderful.   :)

srixon.png.c29104d99ab6ca6ecb927e9dd97b26f1.png    Z785 Driver 10.5° Tour AD BB 7x    |    F65 4W Tour AD TP 7x    |    Z765 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100 AMT    |     Z-Star Ball

TM.png.36c3c24d72a4ac809b0def631452f3ba.png    M3 4H HZRDUS Black    |    Spider Tour Putter

titleist.png.c92d01bf6404c1675a5e518a7447f2c6.png  Vokey SM7 50° 55° 60° Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue Black

To those who fail, I simply tell them that they allowed someone to step on their dreams. Allowing that to happen shows me that they don't have the guts to chase a dream. They're out after that.

Those losers probably had a backup plan. Gotta be all or nothing.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Alright Individual Season is over for me.

2013 Tournament Scoring Average: 78.58(12 Rounds)

2014 Tournament Scoring Average: 75.72 (18 Rounds)

In my 6th year of golf. This year I saw the biggest drop of scoring average. Usually it is around 2 strokes and it was 2.9 this year which is promising.  Yesterday I played my last event and fired off my first ever bogey free round so that was a break through. Game going into it wasn't very good so I just played smart lines. I hit 16/18 GIR and had 31 putts.

Next year objectives are to get my ball flight up with the driver and long irons so I can hold it closer to the pin on firm greens. The big tourneys I play in require more spin and higher flight if you are going to make birdies.

GIR percentage was .66 or 11.88 GIR per round.

Putting average is 32 putts per round (Three strokes a round thrown away to get to the last putter on tour)

I don't keep track of Fairways as much but penalties per round average was 1.4

Next year is going to be a year of change for me though. I am planning on getting an instructor for the first time. I have never had a lesson so hopefully that can shave off a stroke or two. Try to get putting average down to at least 30 which is two more strokes and stay away from trouble. Also, it is time I get fit for clubs I think. I was fit about 5 years ago and I think my swing has changed enough to get a new lie angle adjustment and driver shaft.

If I can get down to a 72 scoring average next year I would be happy. I just input all of my tourney scores for the year into GHIN to see what my actual tourney index was. Handicap went to 1.1 but it didn't include my 69,74 I shot yesterday. Which will bring it down to a 0.9 handicap in tournaments.

26 now, knock off 2 strokes a year until I am 30 so 6 more from that 75 and a 69 scoring average would make me want to give mini tour a shot. Until then, I will keep my office job.

Note: This thread is 3532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!