IGNORED

TaylorMade cuts 15% of it's Workforce and closes Adams Golf Headquarters in Plano

RonTheSavage
Note: This thread is 3419 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wish they just stuck with the tour preferred name for tour level balls. I know they went back to it this year maybe it will stick this time around. As for the LDP, they continue to keep that. So we know they know how to reuse a name and stick with it lol. If they want to change something every year, change the box they come in. As for their premium and distance balls, well they've used burner a few times so stick with that and as for premium just find something and stick with it. But thats just me. I would prefer a one name line up like titleist has pro v nxt velocity and dt solo, bridgestone has their b series, e series and the fix. Names we can continue to follow. even when they do change things about the ball they keep it in the same lineup so that consumers know what they like and will continue to buy based on the name. I believe titleist upgrades their ball they just keep the name that so many know.

I think TM and Callaway try to cross promote their golf balls with their clubs where as Titlist doesn't.  Pro V1 / V1X has no relationship to any of their golf clubs, their approach is their golf balls have stood the test of time and work great with any club.  I'd like to see Callaway and TM follow suit with their Tour products, when you constantly change the name you basically send the message that the last box of $45 golf balls wasn't as good as the new box sitting on the shelf.  The market has proven people will continue to buy a product with the same name, year after year if it has a proven track record.

The constant name changing means to me they still haven't developed a ball that can compete with the Pro V and are trying to use new product names and marketing to leverage sales.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In Dick's I was able to try a bunch of putters, and the best one I tried was the PING Karston TR PAL. It not only looks great, but it's a solid feeling putter with a great grip. It doesn't feel bulky, but you feel like you have weight in the head. It's the only PING thing I own, but it's very nice. Maybe try a putter at the very least. ay33660 mentioned their drivers being good - and from what I have seen, they do seem to provide a good return on investment. They look nice too.

I think TM and Callaway try to cross promote their golf balls with their clubs where as Titlist doesn't.  Pro V1 / V1X has no relationship to any of their golf clubs, their approach is their golf balls have stood the test of time and work great with any club.  I'd like to see Callaway and TM follow suit with their Tour products, when you constantly change the name you basically send the message that the last box of $45 golf balls wasn't as good as the new box sitting on the shelf.  The market has proven people will continue to buy a product with the same name, year after year if it has a proven track record.

The constant name changing means to me they still haven't developed a ball that can compete with the Pro V and are trying to use new product names and marketing to leverage sales.

I heard the lethal was just as good as the pro v series and the new tp balls are pretty much the same but when it comes to golf balls people like to say "I play pro v" or "B330" not switch it up every year. Clubs we buy once and generally hold onto them for multiple years. Golfballs we are always replacing cause they get shredded or lost or like to go swimming lol. So its easier to always look for the same name instead of finding the new premium brand and wondering what did they change? Will it perform like the old one? I'm sure they made changes to the pro v balls, at least I would hope they did. But people know its probably minor and the ball will have the same feel as they are used to.

In Dick's I was able to try a bunch of putters, and the best one I tried was the PING Karston TR PAL. It not only looks great, but it's a solid feeling putter with a great grip. It doesn't feel bulky, but you feel like you have weight in the head. It's the only PING thing I own, but it's very nice. Maybe try a putter at the very least. ay33660 mentioned their drivers being good - and from what I have seen, they do seem to provide a good return on investment. They look nice too.

I tried the Ping Piper C and really like that putter. I probably wont replace anything this year but I hope to in the off season. although I do like the stage 2 tour irons and the sldr irons look nice but I'm sure next season TM will release the "new must have" clubs. I did check out the i25 irons and like the overall specs. just have to hit a few

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

• 3 months later...
Reading online just a bit will hint that PING goes after places that use discounts they don't like far more harshly than others do. http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145962-why-no-pings-at-dicks-sporting-good-stores/page__st__30 ....

I've  talked to lots of golf shop managers through the years - both private owners and chain supervisors. Consensus is that Ping is the most difficult golf OEM to deal with.

Ping had a big enforcement push circa 2007. Two local shops got put on probation for pricing violations, and simply dumped Ping when the probation ended.

In Ping's defense, they make excellent clubs, and for a set of new irons often come in at $100 less than TM and Callaway.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In Ping's defense, they make excellent clubs, and for a set of new irons often come in at $100 less than TM and Callaway.

Hmm...back in August when shopping for a new Iron set, I was able to find a legit set of TaylorMade Speed Blades from a TM authorized eBay seller, and when you factor in no tax + free S&H; and the already lower price...I saved close to $300 compared to what a similar set of PING Irons would have been.

That said, I do have a PING putter, which I really like, and is worth the cost.

Note: This thread is 3419 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!