• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email (just one of) erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Question about shafts/lie angle

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so I just recently got fit for a new set of irons. In the end they settled on +1/2" and 3* up but I couldn't afford all the clubs I wanted at the time. I need a 60* wedge and I've seen a couple used ones in great shape for about half price on eBay and amazon. My question is, is it possible to have the lie angle adjusted/how much is it? And also I noticed that stock shaft length for the 60* is 35", and the 50* is 35.5", so should I look into buying a 50* shaft? Thanks for the help!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

A decent clubsmith can...

• adjust lie angle for $5 to $10. (Before you buy wedge, find out how many degrees upright or flat that model of wedge can be bent)
  • lengthen the 60* wedge shaft by 1/2" with a shaft extension for $5 to $10. You could also get a new grip during the length adjustment.

If you lengthen the shaft by 1/2", this will increase the swingweight by +3 points.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0