IGNORED

Nike Releases Vapor Irons

Note: This thread is 3183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone planning on watching Tiger and Rory on Jimmy Fallon tonight? Seems their appearance will tie into the 8/18/14 announcement. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/104302/] [/URL]

Oh Snap! Thanks for the reminder, almost forgot to set PVR.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/golf/stories/2014-08/vapor-irons :drool:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

INTRODUCING: THE VAPOR IRON FAMILY Coming October 31, 2014

Introducing the Vapor Iron Family powered by Modern Muscle technology.

Building a better iron starts with listening to the voice of the athlete. At The Oven, our meticulous process of collecting insights and implementing feedback from the world’s best athletes has been the driving force behind the development of the Vapor Iron family and Modern Muscle.

When studying Tiger's blades, The Oven team noticed that the wear pattern was directly on the center of the club face, not trending towards the heel where the bulk of the club's weight is carried and where he could achieve a more efficient strike. Our club designers knew that they hadn't yet optimized the traditional blade for Tiger. They knew they could do better.

"We had this idea, if we moved the CG towards the center of the face that it would have more impact and more mass right behind the golf ball. And it worked. I was able to hit the ball a little bit further, it came off more solid, and the amazing thing is the ball flew better." - Tiger

Working with Tiger to find a solution, the craftsmen at The Oven started drilling holes towards the toe of his irons and filling it with a weighted tungsten plug. An approach that changed the club's CG, offering the purest hit possible and giving birth to what would eventually become Modern Muscle technology. Modern Muscle technology achieves the same adjustment in CG, but does so through geometry instead of a tungsten plug. This updated design method pushes weight to the toe of the club, shifting the center of gravity to the middle of the club face. The face-centered CG is right where it needs to be for optimum performance, precision, stability and ball speed.

asset_new_3.jpg

Now, Modern Muscle technology will be available in all three members of the Nike Vapor Iron Family - the Vapor Pro, Vapor Pro Combo and Vapor Speed. Because no matter what conventional wisdom might say, there's always better.

vaporlogo.png
asset_new_4.jpg

NIKE VAPOR PRO IRON

Modern Muscle
New muscle geometry moves center of gravity towards the center of the face for pure performance.
Tour Trajectory
Forward weighting geared towards a strong, piercing trajectory.
Modernized Profile
Highly acclaimed Nike blade profile updated with a longer blade length and lower face height.

Spec sheet

asset_new_5.jpg

NIKE VAPOR PRO COMBO IRON

Modern Muscle
New muscle geometry moves center of gravity towards the center of the face for pure performance.
Progressive Trajectory
Modern Muscle weighting for a face centered CG that progresses from low and deep to high and forward for high flying long irons and strong, penetrating short irons.
Forgiveness & Workability
RZN cavity long irons (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) and muscle cavity short irons (8, 9, P, A), for the superior combination of stability and shot-shaping workability.

Spec sheet

asset_new_6.jpg

NIKE VAPOR SPEED IRON

Modern Muscle
High + Strong Trajectory
Modern Muscle weighting for a face centered CG that’s low and deep for a high-flying, far-reaching trajectory.
Superior Forgiveness
FlyBeam reinforced hollow-cavity long irons (3, 4, 5, 6, 7) maximize off-center stability.

Spec sheet

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

NIKE VAPOR SPEED IRON

Modern Muscle

High + Strong Trajectory

Modern Muscle weighting for a face centered CG that’s low and deep for a high-flying, far-reaching trajectory.

Superior Forgiveness

FlyBeam reinforced hollow-cavity long irons (3, 4, 5, 6, 7) maximize off-center stability.

Spec sheet

These look so good, I wish I weren't terrible so I could play them.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Anyone planning on watching Tiger and Rory on Jimmy Fallon tonight? Seems their appearance will tie into the 8/18/14 announcement. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/104302/] [/URL]

Catching it right now over on the West Coast. Those clubs look amazing.

Riley

I guess I just don't know enough about clubs, because I don't really see anything special about these in terms of " aesthetic " design.. I can't comment on their "functional" design, but I would love to hear more about how these are any different from other irons on the market.  Call me reluctant to buy into the hype!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I guess I just don't know enough about clubs, because I don't really see anything special about these in terms of "aesthetic" design.. I can't comment on their "functional" design, but I would love to hear more about how these are any different from other irons on the market.  Call me reluctant to buy into the hype!

It's not often that I agree with Eyad, but I agree, aesthetically they do nothing for me. Not crazy about the black plasticky part with the neon green swoosh, would have liked to see them with plain steel look across the back.

I take it the one on the far right is Tiger's old blade that they put the plug in as a prototype?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Damn - those are nice. Wife is gonna be pissed when I bring these home.....I'm such a Nike *****.

Did anyone else notice the head covers on the woods on Jimmy Fallon?

Is this a hint at Vapor woods coming? Or just tying in the colours?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I guess I just don't know enough about clubs, because I don't really see anything special about these in terms of "aesthetic" design

aesthetically they do nothing for me. Not crazy about the black plasticky part with the neon green swoosh, would have liked to see them with plain steel look across the back.

Nope, me neither.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Nope, me neither.

I can't think of any other new iron lately that looks better...G30...SLDR...*quiver*

I like the contrast on these...something different...but like I said, I'm a Nike *****.

The last company I think of when wanting clubs is Nike.  Apparel is nice but that is about it.  The whole neon color is just silly on equipment.  Will stick with my incredible Mizuno's

Why? Is there any specific reason? Or just unwarranted entirely?

Why? Is there any specific reason? Or just unwarranted entirely?

Nike is going after a specific demographic with these irons. Titleist/Mizuno/Older Calloway guys will claim these are the worst looking irons ever made. And thats fine to each his own, but I'll play these irons, with a matching Volt grip in a heartbeat. Thats just me becasue Im sexy and can pull of any look.............according to my wife B-)

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I saw these and thought, "these are the prototypes, the are not putting these out". I will have to say I love the sexy look of my ap2's and anyone that see them in my bag makes a comment on how good they look. That being said, Nike makes ugly clubs. The sumo driver and some others. I do kind of like the red woods but I like red in general.

Nike fans will like nike stuff but for me, pass.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!