IGNORED

Nike Releases Vapor Irons

Note: This thread is 3157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Whoa..those look like a trophy that you'd win in an amateur tournament or something lol. I'd be scared to hit those!

Or Elvis' belt buckle. There is such a thing as "too much"!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Those would be so nice to own......

..................without the design on the back

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENtSwing32

Whoa..those look like a trophy that you'd win in an amateur tournament or something lol. I'd be scared to hit those!

Or Elvis' belt buckle. There is such a thing as "too much"!

QFT lol

Not too shabby Edel Blades... but the Vapors are great in a MOMA kind of way.

These kind of remind me of a floral couch that was given to me...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

These kind of remind me of a floral couch that was given to me...

Bingo! @Valleygolfer nailed it. I was searching for the right comparison but Elvis' belt buckle was the closest I got. The floral coach is bang on! Lol.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Bingo! @Valleygolfer nailed it. I was searching for the right comparison but Elvis' belt buckle was the closest I got. The floral coach is bang on! Lol.

Regardless, if they make @Mr. Desmond , I am happy for him. I did not say it to offend. :beer:

Regardless, if they make @Mr. Desmond cream his jeans, I am happy for him. I did not say it to offend.

I did say they "were not shabby." :drool:

But at $4,500 for the Edel Engraved Blades, about 3X more than the normal Edel CB, I'll pass without regrets.

But I'll say this for Nike, they've modernized the look of a blade.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I guess I just don't know enough about clubs, because I don't really see anything special about these in terms of "aesthetic" design.. I can't comment on their "functional" design, but I would love to hear more about how these are any different from other irons on the market.  Call me reluctant to buy into the hype!

It's not often that I agree with Eyad, but I agree, aesthetically they do nothing for me. Not crazy about the black plasticky part with the neon green swoosh, would have liked to see them with plain steel look across the back.

Nope, me neither.

I'm with you guys, I don't like the look or neon green swoosh.  I guess they are trying to steal some market share from the Cobra Bio-Cell irons.

Joe Paradiso

I did say they "were not shabby." :drool: But at $4,500 for the Edel Engraved Blades, about 3X more than the normal Edel CB, I'll pass without regrets. But I'll say this for Nike, they've modernized the look of a blade.

Idk, those engraved ones look like something Cheech and Chong would have played... Dating myself now...

I'm not a nike fan myself but once I saw this lineup of vapor irons I thought wow, if nothing else they caught my eye and clearly made us all talk about them. I think Nike already won. the neon green can be a turn off for some, for others me included it looks nice (I like green). I think those that like nike won't be bothered by the green. those that don't like it probably wouldn't buy the irons even if the swoosh was red, black or whatever their fav colour was. I think and this may only be me here, but I think nike wants to bring in a new colour and move away from the victory red. Rory is the new face for nike and with all of Tigers problems maybe this is a way for nike to phase out an "old" look and introduce the "new" nike, Rory's Nike. But that could just be me.

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
I've never really liked any of the Nike irons I've tried, but today I demo'd the Vapor Pro Combo. Other than being a little too trendy looking (the bright green is too much for me), they are a really nice iron. Not sure I'll throw them into the running (purely based on how they look) for my next set though (which the front runners are Mizuno MP and Srixon 745). But for anyone who is not off-put by the styling... Might be worth checking them out

Note: This thread is 3157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!