IGNORED

Fantasy Football - secret sleeper pick

Abu3baid
Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok.. I know a lot of you are probably playing in one or more fantasy football leagues.. I usually play in just one and it is only an 8 man league, but enough about me! What about we help each other out! We have an advantage on a lot of our friends who are not part of this forum! Tell us who is your sleeper pick you want to take in the deep rounds.. Let us say something like between the 8th round and up? Someone you don't expect others will be after! Tell us why you are picking him? What do you expect of him? Are you takin him so that you can keep him next year or do you expect a quick turn around? Why don't you think anyone will take him before you? By the time we are done I think we should have a good list of keepers and we will be much better informed than if we go it alone! I'll post mine as soon as I decide! Last year it was the TE Thomas from Denver for me and I will have him this year as a keeper.. So, I still need another one or two under the radar guys! I didn't put this in the sports section because FF is not a sport ;)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jarrett Boykin . He's the number 3 WR on the packers behind Jordy Nelson and Randell Cobb. He had a solid season last year 49rec 681yrds, 3 td's most of which was with Aaron Rodgers on the sidelines with an injury.  In the last few year the packers have lost Donald Driver (to retirement) Greg Jennings(FA) Jame Jones (FA) and their best receiving TE Jermichael Finely(career ending injury).  Boykins seems to have solid hands only 2 drops last year out of 82 targets.  Also Cobb is coming back from a broken leg and Jordy is having hamstring issues as of this week.  Also the emergence of Eddie Lacy is going to take some pressure off the passing game giving a guy like Boykin a lot of single coverage.

Ben Tate.

Cleveland has retooled their team to be strong defense/ball control offense. With the impending suspension of Josh Gordon, the pass game will not be reliable. Look for Tate to get 20-25 carries a game & if he just runs to his NFL average YPC, he'll have a lot of 100-yard games.

Golden Tate, WR Detroit

Carlos Hyde, RB San Fran

Ladarius Green, TE San Diego (think Antonio Gates potential!)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Ben Tate.  Cleveland has retooled their team to be strong defense/ball control offense. With the impending suspension of Josh Gordon, the pass game will not be reliable. Look for Tate to get 20-25 carries a game & if he just runs to his NFL average YPC, he'll have a lot of 100-yard games.

I don't think he is sneaking up on anyone on the draft though do you? Surely he won't survive to the 8th or 9th round or beyond! Why are you chalking him up as a sleeper?

Eyad

I don't think he is sneaking up on anyone on the draft though do you? Surely he won't survive to the 8th or 9th round or beyond!

Why are you chalking him up as a sleeper?

1) It's the Browns

2) They got Manziel

I just think he'll be overlooked until like, well, the 8th or 9th round. Which to me makes him a sleeper pick if he ends up performing to the level I predicted - I can seem him with 1,200 yards & 8-10 TDs. That's crazy good for a 9th round pick.

1) It's the Browns

2) They got Manziel

I just think he'll be overlooked until like, well, the 8th or 9th round. Which to me makes him a sleeper pick if he ends up performing to the level I predicted - I can seem him with 1,200 yards & 8-10 TDs. That's crazy good for a 9th round pick.

I don't even think Tate will be there in the 8th or 9th round. In my 12 team league, he'll be going in the 3-5th round. Even the ADP has him going around the 44th overall pick. People know he's going to be getting the carries.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I don't even think Tate will be there in the 8th or 9th round. In my 12 team league, he'll be going in the 3-5th round. Even the ADP has him going around the 44th overall pick. People know he's going to be getting the carries.

@Abu3baid was the one who said he wouldn't be drafted until the 8th or 9th round.

At any rate, noted. Tate's not a sleeper pick.

@Abu3baid was the one who said he wouldn't be drafted until the 8th or 9th round. At any rate, noted. Tate's not a sleeper pick.

I did? What I said was that he won't last till the 8th or 9th in most drafts! But, yeah it will be tough for any RB1 to be considered a sleeper really.. Just because most leagues start two RB so in regular 12 man teams that is 24 RB1 starts theoretically!

Eyad

I did? What I said was that he won't last till the 8th or 9th in most drafts!

But, yeah it will be tough for any RB1 to be considered a sleeper really.. Just because most leagues start two RB so in regular 12 man teams that is 24 RB1 starts theoretically!

Pretty much. For me a sleeper in the RB category is a guy who might share carries this year, and has potential to get most of the carries by the middle of the year. Anybody who gets primary carries starting out is not a sleeper. If a number 2 running back becomes a top 10 running back, then that is just lucky that he projected to be better than his numbers.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Cor-Darell Patterson! Dudes a beast. The QB play might drag him down, but he's a Percy Harvin type should be good for a couple kickoff return TD's.

Riley

Cor-Darell Patterson! Dudes a beast. The QB play might drag him down, but he's a Percy Harvin type should be good for a couple kickoff return TD's.

Eh, he's too hyped to be considered a sleeper for me. To me a sleeper must give value. That means NEVER reach for a sleeper pick. As soon as you go for a sleeper before his projected ADP then you are killing his sleeper value. The whole point is to get a guy late, who will produce like a guy who was picked in the first half of the draft.

On my sheet I have him at a -12, which means he'll be picked 12 spots in front of his product. This tells me he is too known. People are buying into the hype and thinking they have to get him earlier. This is good to know, because I'll let someone else pick him too early. If he happens to produce over his projected production then he'll get a WR at his spot, basically getting what he paid for.

One thing you don't do unless you have to is reach for a player.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I did? What I said was that he won't last till the 8th or 9th in most drafts!

But, yeah it will be tough for any RB1 to be considered a sleeper really.. Just because most leagues start two RB so in regular 12 man teams that is 24 RB1 starts theoretically!

Okay. Then look at Terrance West, Tate's backup. He's sure to get touches as well. Reports are he's looking good in camp.

Eh, he's too hyped to be considered a sleeper for me. To me a sleeper must give value. That means NEVER reach for a sleeper pick. As soon as you go for a sleeper before his projected ADP then you are killing his sleeper value. The whole point is to get a guy late, who will produce like a guy who was picked in the first half of the draft. On my sheet I have him at a -12, which means he'll be picked 12 spots in front of his product. This tells me he is too known. People are buying into the hype and thinking they have to get him earlier. This is good to know, because I'll let someone else pick him too early. If he happens to produce over his projected production then he'll get a WR at his spot, basically getting what he paid for.  One thing you don't do unless you have to is reach for a player.

Is he? I did some mock drafts and he actually slipped a bit. In my real draft I got him in the tenth round. Not too bad.

Riley

Is he? I did some mock drafts and he actually slipped a bit. In my real draft I got him in the tenth round. Not too bad.

When did you draft?

Right now, in about 900 real drafts he's averaged the 13th WR off the board. Which in my league, that is the 42nd pick overall (averaging the last 3 years draft data)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

When did you draft?  Right now, in about 900 real drafts he's averaged the 13th WR off the board. Which in my league, that is the 42nd pick overall (averaging the last 3 years draft data)

Just yesterday'! hell of a deal I got then. 96 or something around there.

Riley

Pretty much. For me a sleeper in the RB category is a guy who might share carries this year, and has potential to get most of the carries by the middle of the year. Anybody who gets primary carries starting out is not a sleeper. If a number 2 running back becomes a top 10 running back, then that is just lucky that he projected to be better than his numbers.

You didn't shoot down my Boykin's pick. That makes me feel good. :banana:

Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!