IGNORED

How confident are golf ball companies really???

BrownCoast
Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For the balls not designed for pro swings I have had success with the NXT Tour, the entire Gamer Series especially the Gamer Tour, TM Project (a) (a little spinny on drives), and have chosen the Maxfli U/3 as my main ball based on distance and good performance on the green.  The U/3 and Gamer Tour are incredible balls for my swing (85-90 SS).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that if I am in the sticks looking for a ball, or looking for someone else's ball, I find a ton of proV's and I hardly ever find any other brands of tour level or top tier balls. Marketing in golf is like racing, win on Sunday, sell on Monday.

I don't mind playing other top tier balls as long as spin is fairly consistent but rarely get the chance to play another top tier balls.

So that being said could or would you be able to tell the difference between a prov1 ball and say a u/6 if they were just left blank? project a has a very high spin rate and around $20 cheaper

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

So it is pretty safe to say that most of us agree that tour level balls are more or less the same. Yes one might be a touch softer one might spin a bit more or less but basically they're all the same and it comes down to either buying into the advertising they pump out or buying one cause you like a certain company more than another. So taking this to the next level how well do the premium balls stack up to one another. For this section I think results will very due to skill level and players "bad" habits. This section is also not to be thought that a pro player will hit these balls but just your regular golfers from hard core to weekend warrior to couple times a month. main balls in topic but definitely not limited to; Bridgestone e series Titleist nxt, TaylorMade Project a...basically all premium balls generally ones found in a price range of $30-$35 a dozen. Top flite gamer is cheaper and yes still in this category. So, who would like to weigh in first??? By the way, this has been really fun reading everyones thoughts so far.

Wait a minute! This is the second question? What the hell was the first question then??

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I've hit a bunch of different balls over the couple years I've been playing. Right now, I'd be hard-pressed to even rank them. The last balls purchased were three boxes of Slazengers for $25. I hit em last week during a bad round and they felt like rocks. I hit em this past week, played well and they felt just fine.

Obviously ProV1s and the like aren't really designed with hacks like me in mind anyway. I have yet to find a good reason to spend any more than that the minimum.

So that being said could or would you be able to tell the difference between a prov1 ball and say a u/6 if they were just left blank? project a has a very high spin rate and around $20 cheaper

I have one that I found but have yet to play it. I am curious about the ball so I might use it tonight. I don't know if I would be able to tell any difference or not.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!