IGNORED

Whats the longest time you have taken to play 18 holes?

Stuartmacgregor
Note: This thread is 3506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours was my longest.

The clubhouse booked my tee time right behind a tournament (didn't bother telling me about it either) and when our tee time arrived we had four foursomes yet to tee off. Every hole after that we had at least a 10min wait on the tee. I was playing the course for the first time and it really ruined it for me. The course itself is a tougher one and usually takes me just under 4 hours now.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

7 hours and change. Muni in the Bronx, NY. Waited 20+ minutes on one hole alone. It was when I first started playing and didn't know any better. Courses in a big metropolis tend to be like this. People do whatever the hell they want. There's no consideration. Kind of like driving in a big city. Laws and rules are a guidelines to be stretched.

When I see people complaining about 4-5 hour rounds, I chuckle. Ha ha. Yeah, relative to where you are, that's longer than usual, but relative to the whole country...

Van Cortlandt?

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

About 20 years ago, 7 1/2 hours at a par 64 executive course. I took my wife, my 6 year old and 11 year old daughters. My wife had only been to the driving range a couple of times. My daughters had just taken their first few golf camp lessons. Each of the girls drove a cart with either myself or my wife as passengers. The course was almost empty. When a group came up to us, we let them through, but there were only a few. We didn't hold anybody up. There we many whiffs, sculled shots, lost balls and good times. I'll never forget the round and have never done it again! :-D The longest for a normal round was probably about 6 hours. I don't get pissed at slow players as long as they let me through.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I've had a few that were around 5 1/2 hours at my home course. The course was completely filled and at the time (old ownership) they did nothing to speed up play. I've also played a few scrambles that were right around the 5 1/2 hour mark. I did have one round where it took 3 hours to play 9 and I left because it only seemed to be getting worse.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am sure I have played a few 6 hour rounds at one time or another. Just thinking that a  3 hour round played at par 72 would be something like two and half minutes per shot. I'd never be able play that fast............. :dance:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I've had a couple six hour rounds the past few weeks here on LI. One was (quasi-)excusable because there happened to be a tournament ahead, but the other ones were in the midday or afternoon hours and just sucked the life force out of me. There's only so much extra time I can use to line up putts and pick out balls in the woods to kill time while I wait before it drives me nuts. Anything under 5 hours lately is a miracle. I'm thinking of reserving a first tee time of the day sometime to see what a fast 18 looks like.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Van Cortlandt?

Yeah. I think so or the other one nearby. Pelham? Can't remember. Or rather, trying to forget.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I am sure I have played a few 6 hour rounds at one time or another. Just thinking that a  3 hour round played at par 72 would be something like two and half minutes per shot. I'd never be able play that fast.............

If we're talking about 9 holes, I was playing a 9 hole round at a 9 hole course last week. We were the second tee time off for twilight. The group ahead was the slowest I'd ever seen. This is a super easy course and they were brutal. Took us three and a half hours to finish. When we were waiting for them to clear the fairway on 6, I could see there was not a single group ahead of them on the entire course, and they started out with a group finishing off the first hole when they teed off. The marshals talked to them twice but they didn't do anything. They apparently accused us of hitting into them. We yelled fore on two occasions when one of the really lousy players in our group was slicing onto another fairway we couldn't see, not even close to reaching them. I'm also pretty sure they stole one of my tee shots, the bastards. These pricks were taking two or three mulligans each and having no sense of pace of play urgency. They backed up the whole course. Ruined any rhythm I had that day.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Memorial Day weekend, Bethpage Blue, 6 hours, we skipped a slow group at a hole as well, and I played like crap, bad day.

Memorial Day weekend, Bethpage Blue, 6 hours, we skipped a slow group at a hole as well, and I played like crap, bad day.

Bethpage is death on pace of play from what I hear. I mostly play in Western Suffolk, but I've never felt the urge to head out to Bethpage to kill a day like that. I'd do it for the Black or Red, but I'm not quite good enough for those yet, haha.

Dom's Sticks:

Yeah. I think so or the other one nearby. Pelham? Can't remember. Or rather, trying to forget.

I've had a 5 hour + round at Van Cortlandt but have had better luck at Pelham. Maybe because there's two courses there or maybe cause I tend to play there more during twilight (it's near work) and play Van Cortlandt more during peak hours.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

Slow players are the most aggravating problem you can encounter on the golf course. Sometimes, when it gets to be too much, I will just go up to them on a tee box and request to play through. The most annoying part of it is that these people usually aren't shooting scores any worse than I am - they're just taking three times longer to do it. But sometimes you do encounter a foursome who can't hit the ball more than 40 yards at a time, and refuse to pick up until their last putt for a 15 or a 20 or whatever it is. Then they stand there on the green and try to count up their shots. These are the times when you want to shoot yourself in the head.

Slow players are the most aggravating problem you can encounter on the golf course. Sometimes, when it gets to be too much, I will just go up to them on a tee box and request to play through. The most annoying part of it is that these people usually aren't shooting scores any worse than I am - they're just taking three times longer to do it. But sometimes you do encounter a foursome who can't hit the ball more than 40 yards at a time, and refuse to pick up until their last putt for a 15 or a 20 or whatever it is. Then they stand there on the green and try to count up their shots. These are the times when you want to shoot yourself in the head.

I might consider people who chew tobacco and spit on the greens. Also people who don't fix ball marks. Others who like to gouge a nice putter width divot on the green because they get pissed off for missing a 3 foot put. :-P

Yea slow play sucks!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I might consider people who chew tobacco and spit on the greens. Also people who don't fix ball marks. Others who like to gouge a nice putter width divot on the green because they get pissed off for missing a 3 foot put.

Yea slow play sucks!!!

I've never seen tobacco spit on the greens. Sunflower seed husks, yes.

I will say one thing about ball marks on greens: I think it's a failure of education. I started playing on my own, with no one to teach me. Just looking at score cards, it's not really clear what they mean by that (to a beginner). Not to mention that I'd say most who do fix them do in improperly. I don't know what the best way to teach this to people would be, but I think most people would fix ball marks if they understood their responsibility to do so. I didn't even know balls made dents on greens when I started!

Dom's Sticks:

My longest was about 5.5 hrs, I swore never to be back there. On the flip side, I played 18 under 4 hrs on a sunday afternoon this past weekend. It was the most amazing feeling.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

More than six hours - I lost count, really. This came in a three-day city tournament down in Lawton, OK. The main culprits were the A-flight players: 8-14 HDCP or so.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

About 20+ years ago, as a kid, I played with my Dad and uncle at a local muni executive course on a Saturday afternoon.  I distinctly remember walking off the course after 13 holes and it had already been 4+ hours.  Would easily have been 6+ hours to play the full 18.  Come to think of it, experiences like that could easily ruin the perception of a new/younger golfer, and it is exactly these courses that they usually start on.

- Mark

6:20 waited 10 minutes a hole for putting.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!