IGNORED

Whats the longest time you have taken to play 18 holes?

Stuartmacgregor
Note: This thread is 3532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 hours 30 minutes.  It was an excruciating round.  Had it not been a perfect early fall day on a beautiful course with great scenery and changing fall colors, I would have driven off the course and asked for a rain check of some denomination.  We teed off at 2pm and paired up with the couple in front of us to finis 18 in near darkness.

Longest round of my life.  Won't likely ever play in that slow a condition ever again.  Waiting just adds stress to an activity that is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable.  Not at 5 1/2 hours!

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My all time longest afternoon went 5-and-a-half to finish 13 holes. I looked at the watch, swore a bit and walked to the parking lot. On the way, I played the wide open 18th hole because the slow guys were still camping on 16.

Dinner waits for no one where I come from.

Worst time for 18 was 5.5hrs to reach hole 16. My playing partner and I were like "do you honestly even care anymore? No? Then let's bail!" My longest time ever ever was 3hrs to play a par 3 course that typically takes 45 minutes. We got stuck behind 3 or 4 groups of high school girls with parents caddying and shooting video. Ugh. That. Was. Awful.

5.5 hours. Mission Trails Golf Course here in San Diego. Won't play there again. They have a reputation for long rounds since they don't enforce pace of play. Too many nice courses around SD to play 5+ hour rounds. I won't play at a course that doesn't enforce pace of play. I love to golf, but I want to get in and out in 4 hours or less.

TaylorMade 2016 M2 10.5°
Callaway Rogue 17°, 21°
Mizuno MP-4 (4-PW)
Bettinardi H2 50°, 54°, 58° Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V1

7hrs and 10 minutes!  This was a corporate event with 6 people in every group.

I always play early on the weekends so slow play is rarely an issue.  If by chance on the rare occasion I do play later in the day and it's really backed up, I leave the course.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

7hrs and 10 minutes!  This was a corporate event with 6 people in every group.   I always play early on the weekends so slow play is rarely an issue.  If by chance on the rare occasion I do play later in the day and it's really backed up, I leave the course.

Same here! 7 hours!!!! That's ridiculous! That is neither golf nor fun, i would have quit the course and the job!

Gaz Lee

Not sure I know the longest time it's taken me to play, but I know the longest it's taken me to walk off the course.  A buddy and I didn't have a tee time, but went to a course to play in the early afternoon.  We got on after waiting maybe 20 minutes, but when we finished the front 9 in a little over 3 hours, we left the course and didn't finish the back 9.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Played in a charity event with two of my uncles, my father and I as a four-man scramble team.

It took SEVEN HOURS to play a scramble round. We waited at least fifteen minutes on every hole. It was the most ludicrous shit I'd ever seen.

Awful.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Note: This thread is 3532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!