• Announcements

• Happy Thanksgiving!   11/25/2015

Happy Thanksgiving! From @mvmac and I, we'd like to thank all of you for being such awesome members. We have TST because we like golf and golfers, so we wish you and yours the very best today. Thank you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2015 Erin Hills Golf Outing (Future Site of the 2017 U.S. Open)

1 post in this topic

I will just start this up as there has been some interest in getting at least one group together.  We would also probably need to book the tee times in advance for this as well. @Jakester23 and I have started saving up for this.  It will not be cheap, probably around $350(including caddy, tip and tax according to the web site right now).  Keep in mind that prices could change next year and I will keep an eye on that.  If anyone else would be interested please chime in here.  I am thinking we would do this sometime July-September of 2015, working around the pending Newport and other regional outings.   I know @saevel25 and @cedrictheo may be interested in this as well.  I have some ideas for this but I will leave some of them be for now until we get a better idea of who is coming.  One possibility could be to do this the weekend of the PGA Championship at Whistling Straits for anyone who also wanted to go to that as well.  That tournament is Aug 10-15.

A couple links to check out the course:

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Ping G30s, do you like them?
      I didnt play the gap. I had and actually am still using until the Vokey SM6s come out Pings Tour Gorge wedges. I had a 50*, a 56* bent to 55*, and a 60*. I havent hit the Glides but if they are anything like the Gorges they are pretty easy to hit on full shots. My 50* is my 100 yard club and I also use it to chip and pitch quite a bit along with my 55*. IMO Id get the Glide and have the G30s in 4-PW. If I wanted more forgiveness Id get the G30 GW but I dont feel like I need that. I happen to like the smaller profile on my wedges so thats why I didnt get the gap.
    • Clinton vows to stop saying 'illegal immigrants'
      The NYT editorial board discusses Bernie Sanders' Immigration Plan -- not full of fear and expensive walls -- but more in line with ... Ronald Reagan and earlier reasonable Republicans (when I voted GOP). It's called assimilation. (OT: The NYT also had an article dealing with Sanders' 8 years as mayor of Burlington VT. His foreign policy agenda was "liberal", but his executive actions as mayor was working with business -- a pragmatic mayor who saved money. Yes, he made mistakes, but who does not? And the one mistake he made was siding with big business. It was defeated by voters, and it turns out the voters made the right decisions - having to do with development near the waterfront.) Re: immigration "Mr. Sanders’s promise to increase immigrants’ access to the justice system, with more funding for courts and lawyers, stands in sharp contrast to the Republican view of unauthorized immigrants as a shadow society of criminals who haven’t been deported yet. Mr. Sanders instead sees them as parents, breadwinners, taxpayers, bulwarks of the economy and of the communities they live in, aspiring Americans trapped by unjust laws and oppressive policing. Is that so radical? It may sound that way, in today’s climate. But it is a vision that lawmakers of both parties once embraced without question. Ronald Reagan and both Presidents Bush spoke movingly of immigrants as assets to the country to be welcomed through assimilation and citizenship." http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/26/opinion/bernie-sanders-gets-immigration-policy-right.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0
    • The Films and Movies Thread
      Watched Ant Man last night. Par. Almost a bogey… I felt it had to skip too far into things.
    • Ping G30s, do you like them?
      Like many others, I upgraded to a G30 driver late this season.  Early spring, I will go for a Ping iron fitting.  Going to demo both the G30 and the G-Max model.  Whichever works better for me will end up in the bag for next season and hopefully many to come. dave
    • Who else is injured right now and addicted to golf?
      Thanks all. The idea of not working is the biggest adjustment. It's a day to day thing but these new pain killers seem to be helping. I might be a candidate for a clinical trial. Will know more next week.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries