IGNORED

Impact question

Note: This thread is 3485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Was wondering about head and upper body position at impact , I've been playing pretty solid golf this year , striking it pure and with a slight push draw :-D but I've lost 25 yards of the tee despite playing best golf of my life and being much stronger than last season. But I've noticed my whole upper body leans on the downswing towards target and I just kind of spin the shoulders to get the club around me to finish position , ( literally lean , my head moves with the body ) I've watched a few swing vids and all the top players keep there head Central with the body following the hips as the left leg straightens creating a slight curve of the body and the right shoulder going under the chin. Anyway I went out back for a few swings to try it, and it almost feels like I'm getting a lot more club head speed from nowhere I'm swing smooth yet it feels so much more quick So I'm just after any insight of what the benefits of doing this would be.

My coach wants me to visualize a line on the target side of my head that goes down to the ground. Gotta keep my head behind that line, creates more secondary axis tilt, better extension and ultimately, more explosiveness. Should give you a higher ball flight (but still piercing) and more distance. Well worth working on this piece if you don't have any other, more pressing issues.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks man , I can tell by the picture what you mean , it looks great I'm hitting the ball solid hands are ahead at impact and hitting a slight draw but slightly lower than normal flight which I like , I'm just not hitting them as long this year.

Thanks man , I can tell by the picture what you mean , it looks great

I'm hitting the ball solid hands are ahead at impact and hitting a slight draw but slightly lower than normal flight which I like , I'm just not hitting them as long this year.

Yeah, if you're not getting that secondary axis tilt you'll generally hit it lower. I can get decent distance and line without doing it particularly well but when I do get happening correctly the ball flight is night and day. 2 or even 3 times higher and a LOT longer. This is the main piece I'm working on know, mixed in with maintenance work on my back swing.

Here check this ou t:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks Video was very helpful.

Iv noticed i only do it with my driver and 3 wood when i want to hit a specific target like a short par 4 or tight fairway , so i will have to practice this and see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...
I got a few questions. I really like the video. Distance wise like. Am I correct that with the left swing, the distance was shorter than on the right? The swing on the right. Am I correct that in the follow through, the left hip socket is higher than the right hip? Video on the right, am I correct that by extending, weight is left, but pressure is on the right foot? To thrust of the ground so to speak?

Note: This thread is 3485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!