IGNORED

NBA vs NFL

SCTrojan08
Note: This thread is 3507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a basketball player and huge fan of basketball in general. However, I greatly prefer the NFL. I just think it's more entertaining and means more due to there only being 16 games. If this was March Madness Vs. NFL, things would get a little more heated. Some of my fondest sports memories are watching the NCAA tourney on my phone all day during school....ahh the memories :-)

Riley

Which do you like better and why?

American football's OK. Of course, it would be improved by getting rid of all that padding and the forward passing, and  making every player play the entire match instead of going off for a rest every five minutes, and changing its name to rugby, but still, it's OK, especially if you record it and skip through the adverts and intervals and changeovers and wotnot.

Basketball: well, I'm sure it's fun to play, but... Well, I watched a couple of NBA games recently and they were really boring : the jokes were rubbish, not like the Harlem Globetrotters I used to watch as a lad. The trouble with basketball is there are too many points -- Team A scores, then Team B scores, then Team A scores, then... Occasionally, there's a variation and Team A scores twice on the run, but still, there's not nearly enough variety in the sport for me to watch.

Baseball's not too bad -- who could really object to watching grown men playing rounders in their pyjamas?

Of course, all three are vasty preferable to football.

So, to sum up: you'll all be a lot happier if you dropped all US-grown sports (and football) and started watching rugby and cricket instead. You know it makes sense.

;-)

I like NHL better, and it's not even close. But between NBA and NFL, last I checked NFL has RedZone and NBA doesn't so...

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not a fan of the NBA... I saw a Spurs Lakers game once during Kobe Bryant's first or second season because it was something to do and cheap... aside from that, I'm not a basketball fan. Maybe it's because I can't play myself (suck at it)... maybe not.

I much prefer to see the NFL even though I can't play football (suck at flag football so no tackle football for me)...

Not a baseball fan... maybe it's because I can't play (never tried playing it because I figured I'd suck at that too...)

Kind of like hockey but don't go out of my way to watch it... (only been on ice skates once in my life... sucked at it but didn't fall)...

I like watching golf sometimes and play at it also... and I suck at it too.

Damn. I suck at all sports but I like NFL.

Chris

I don't play golf, I play at golf. There's a difference.

TM RBZ driver, RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3 wood, RBZ 7 wood, TM Burner 2.0 4-AW, Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl 56* sand wedge, Yes! Golf Valerie putter, Snake Eyes golf balls, TM stand bag

American football's OK. Of course, it would be improved by getting rid of all that padding and the forward passing, and  making every player play the entire match instead of going off for a rest every five minutes

Do players get subbed in and out more often, probably. I don't get Rugby shown on TV. But if you look at certain positions, many of them play nearly every snap. Especially offensive lineman. So not really a true statement there.

Forward pass is awesome. Screw Rugby! Actually I find Rugby is fun to watch. I wish we got more Soccer (that's right, I said it) and Rugby in the USA.

Basketball: well, I'm sure it's fun to play, but... Well, I watched a couple of NBA games recently and they were really boring : the jokes were rubbish, not like the Harlem Globetrotters I used to watch as a lad. The trouble with basketball is there are too many points -- Team A scores, then Team B scores, then Team A scores, then... Occasionally, there's a variation and Team A scores twice on the run, but still, there's not nearly enough variety in the sport for me to watch.

I do agree that the NBA is too long. I prefer college basketball. Given it might not be the peak of ability, but there are better story lines. Especially in MARCH MADNESS!! Especially if you get in a bingo board betting. Were if the teams final score dictates if you win or not.

Example, if a team ends up in a 70 to 68. The winning numbers are 0 and 8. If your spot on the board is winning team 0 and loosing team 8, then you win. When you get late in a game, and teams are fouling, and jacking up all crazy shots. It gets all sorts of crazy!

Baseball's not too bad -- who could really object to watching grown men playing rounders in their pyjamas?

Baseball is boring to watch on TV, more fun to see in person. To me, it has to be a day game. Something about taking a half day and going to watch Baseball.

NFL all the way. NBA is horrible. s.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Do players get subbed in and out more often, probably. I don't get Rugby shown on TV. But if you look at certain positions, many of them play nearly every snap. Especially offensive lineman. So not really a true statement there.

Forward pass is awesome. Screw Rugby! Actually I find Rugby is fun to watch. I wish we got more Soccer (that's right, I said it) and Rugby in the USA.

[...]

Baseball is boring to watch on TV, more fun to see in person. To me, it has to be a day game. Something about taking a half day and going to watch Baseball.

I don't get cricket at all. I would take baseball over cricket. Though, we call someone who throws a baseball a pitcher, and you guy who delivers the ball a bowler. Yet we have a sport call bowling :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

In cricket, a bowler who threw the ball would be banned -- you're not allowed to straighten the arm.

And bowling underarm will get you universally despised although it's not illegal ... in a famous international a few years ago, New Zealand wanted 6 to win from the last ball (and 6 is the maximum you can score -- ball has got to be hit over the boundary without bouncing -- same as a home run?). So the Australian captain told the bowler to bowl the last ball underarm, rolling it all along the floor, making a six impossible.

Not strictly illegal, but definitely not cricket...

If I'm choosing between the two leagues , I'm picking the NBA. I'm not really sure which sport I like more though. Basketball will probably be around longer.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I watch the NFL if there's a game on and I don't have anything better to do, but I rarely care who wins or loses.

Haven't watched a full NBA game since Jordan quit but I'll watch a few minutes of a game occasionally.

So it would be the NFL more or less by default.

College football is the sport I watch about 99% more than any other.

Can't think of any sport I don't like to play but I don't care much about watching most of them.

Nether ... I stop watching both a couple of years ... It seems to me a lot of players a whinny and spoiled ... I no longer support a system that pays millions to players (and they do not even have to win), and yet a profession such as teaching barely pays ... But I am old and grumpy like a few others on here ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I agree with Isukgolf. The NBA Is too long and all the players collaborating to play with each other is just plain ridiculous. Lebron is basically running the cavaliers. Baseball is too long also and slow. I prefer the NFL but it's all about the money.

You know what I find hilarious? That a lot of people call the MLB & NBA boring. At first I didn't really notice it. Then I realized...we like freaking GOLF. Golf! I love watching golf but calling anything boring seems hilariously ridiculous. Imagine what NBA or MLB diehards think when they hear golf fans proclaim the MLB or NBA "boring" :-) :-) :banana:

Riley

Nether ... I stop watching both a couple of years ... It seems to me a lot of players a whinny and spoiled ... I no longer support a system that pays millions to players (and they do not even have to win ), and yet a profession such as teaching barely pays ... But I am old and grumpy like a few others on here ...

So you stopped watching golf and all sports for that matter? Im not trying to start any :poo: here but I've heard variations of that argument for so long now that it boters me. NBA Players are Thugs, but you can fight in hockey? Let me answer the question before I get my blood pressure all up............I choose the NFL over the NBA. I love basketball, I grew up playing it all through school and a little JC ball. But there is nothing like NFL Sundays watching your favorite team in HD. Chips and Guac, kids wearing jerseys etc..............I LOVE IT!

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

NFL all day. Go look at the stats on 1 seeds winning the NBA championship. Then 2 seeds. It is ridiculous and makes you wonder why they have an 82 game season and long playoffs series and why people watch it.

Edit: I won't make you look it up. In the history of the NBA no 5, 7 or 8 seed has won, one 4 and 6 seed have won, seven 3 seeds, ten 2 seeds and a whopping forty nine 1 seeds. Makes you wonder why more lower seeds don't just start tanking really hard once they realize they won't be a top seed.

James

So you stopped watching golf and all sports for that matter? Im not trying to start any :poo: here but I've heard variations of that argument for so long now that it boters me. NBA Players are Thugs, but you can fight in hockey? Let me answer the question before I get my blood pressure all up............I choose the NFL over the NBA. I love basketball, I grew up playing it all through school and a little JC ball. But there is nothing like NFL Sundays watching your favorite team in HD. Chips and Guac, kids wearing jerseys etc..............I LOVE IT!

I watch Golf ... One must perform to remain on tour ... Not calling any player a thug ether ... But they get paid millions to entertain ... Winning is optional with most major sports ... Me personally I am Just tried of feeding that machine ... I would not get upset over my comment ... It's only what I believe ... I will watch a segment of a game occasional ... I'm realistic to know my view will not change a damn thing ... The entertainment industry is big! Plus I wish you all the best in viewing, and sounds like a great family event ... But to stay on topic, If I had to pick, it would be the NBA and only if the spurs are playing Cheers

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I watch Golf ... One must perform to remain on tour ... Not calling any player a thug ether ... But they get paid millions to entertain ... Winning is optional with most major sports ... Me personally I am Just tried of feeding that machine ... I would not get upset over my comment ... It's only what I believe ... I will watch a segment of a game occasional ... I'm realistic to know my view will not change a damn thing ... The entertainment industry is big! Plus I wish you all the best in viewing, and sounds like a great family event ... But to stay on topic, If I had to pick, it would be the NBA and only if the spurs are playing Cheers

Just wanted to clarify I wasnt upset at your post. You didnt call anyone a thug, but I've had conversations with people and that's "generally" the next step in that discussion. Sorry to incorrectly lump you into that, my bad. (Crappy morning) But you're right about Golf, one must produce to remain on tour. One could make the argument that guys in team sports have to produce to keep their roster spot? But I get what you're saying and I agree. And as much as I hate Texas teams, I have to say the Spurs played perfect team basketball against the Heat. That was an absolute clinic.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Note: This thread is 3507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!