IGNORED

HBO Real Sports: The Future of Golf

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't think any of us in here want to change the game of golf. I just think people are suggesting variations on the game. leave golf as it is but bring in other forms to possibly attract new players. That might create interest in playing the actual game of golf. None of the variations would involve handicaps (for obvious reasons) and like darts or pool, can create different games in a team setting (possibly). Darts is an individual sport but they now have team darts in bars and they play different types of games where its not just a countdown from 501.

Amen

I'd love there to be more par 3 and pitch and putt courses.  THAT is the way we might draw in new players.  A very small portion (because golf will never be a game for the masses) will be drawn in to the real game.  But even on a pitch and putt course the essence of the game is far more authentic, IMO than in in a lot of the circus-like suggestions that have surfaced.

I agree with this.  My wife, who I can't get to play on a regular course,  will play on a pitch an putt from time to time.

Start off with pitch and putt, then to a par 3 then on to a regular golf.

Do we have anyone that started out with Frisbee golf or foot golf and then move on to regular golf?

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!