IGNORED

Dumping woods and long irons all together...

onthehunt526
Note: This thread is 3525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have absolutely terrible luck with my 4 wood anymore and I never hit my 3-iron and rarely hit my 4-iron should I get more hybrids or just leave it alone? As a side note struggling with wedges a bit, distance control mostly... but I digress... I was thinking of getting a 14° hybrid to use as a "Driver" and my 17° hybrid as my fairway wood... then get like a 21 or 22° hybrid and dump the 3-iron, Then go 4-PW, 52°, 58°, putter

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Do what you like, but don't pretend to have a single figure handicap for much longer.

On a decent course you'll be struggling to get near a lot of the par 4s in regulation.

When this happens, a sub 90 round becomes a good score and you're relying on 1 putts for pars.

You have to persevere with your driver.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

You didn't mention if you were having problems with your driver, but depending on the courses you play the driver can be an important weapon and at 460cc they are easier than ever to hit.  As far as the long irons, I went one step further and replaced all of my long and mid irons (2 - 6) with hybrids and my game has improved because of it.  I gave up my 4 and 7 wood, finding the hybrids much more consistent for my swing.  I don't know your age but I am 62 and in the last few years my iron yardage dropped dramatically and I gave up the 2 and 3i a long time ago.

You have a much lower HCP than I do and I obviously do not know why you are not hitting certain clubs, but you should have the talent (with a lesson) to get the driver going - I love the 2h and use it to drive shorter holes, but it is not close to my Ping G15 driver in distance.

I hope you work it out and have fun doing so.

I'm getting older... and it's been hurting me to swing as hard as necessary... I'm actually a 12.4 now I just haven't updated it in a while... Inconsistent Driver yes... I hit my 17 degree straight as an arrow 220-225 ish... So a 14-degree would go like maybe 240 ish right? The longest par four at Newman is 450... could it work while I go take a lesson on my driver?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I'm getting older... and it's been hurting me to swing as hard as necessary... I'm actually a 12.4 now I just haven't updated it in a while...

Inconsistent Driver yes...

I hit my 17 degree straight as an arrow 220-225 ish... So a 14-degree would go like maybe 240 ish right? The longest par four at Newman is 450... could it work while I go take a lesson on my driver?

Have you looked at the TM SLDR mini-driver or an RBZ stage 2 3W? Seems like you should be able to get 260+ with these.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yes I have but I'm a cook... can't afford 270, for a driver or 150 for the 3-wood as I have a daughter... I for the most part buy my club used or occasionally will by a new one on clearance but like $100 is the most I can spend on a new single club

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Yes I have but I'm a cook... can't afford 270, for a driver or 150 for the 3-wood as I have a daughter... I for the most part buy my club used or occasionally will by a new one on clearance but like $100 is the most I can spend on a new single club

Most people don't like to spend full price when they can wait a year or two and get the club at half the price. I only know one person who buys new clubs every new season @hacker101 .

The original RBZ 3W is available for something like $79 new on line, or about $54 used good condition.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Most people don't like to spend full price when they can wait a year or two and get the club at half the price. I only know one person who buys new clubs every new season @hacker101.

The original RBZ 3W is available for something like $79 new on line, or about $54 used good condition.

Most people don't like to spend full price when they can wait a year or two and get the club at half the price. I only know one person who buys new clubs every new season @hacker101.

That's not true, I played my last set for 18 months.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

That's not true, I played my last set for 18 months.

I recall you having a set of Cobras that replaced your G25 and now you replaced the Cobras with the G30. Let's see, that's on average 6 months per set? :whistle:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I recall you having a set of Cobras that replaced your G25 and not you replaced the Cobras with the G30. Let's see, that's on average 6 months per set?

Don't forget the X2hots! :bugout:

No wonder my game sucks and now we are :offtopic:

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Note: This thread is 3525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!