IGNORED

Apple's Awesome Thread (was 9/9 Event Thread)

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2450 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, any rumors on the MacBook 15" getting a 5th generation Intel processor? 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Yes, but probably not until the spring. That chip has been delayed for awhile.

I don't follow that stuff closely at all, though.

One of the best places to make buying decisions: http://buyersguide.macrumors.com .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 months later...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Just got the 6S plus. It's pretty accurate with GPS. Like the display as well.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 1 month later...

Shots fired from Google. The Apple rejoinder would be you want to play the same piece, go to a roomful of pianos with vastly differently shaped keyboards and find it difficult to play the same piece without have to learn each keyboard.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Shots fired from Google. The Apple rejoinder would be you want to play the same piece, go to a roomful of pianos with vastly differently shaped keyboards and find it difficult to play the same piece without have to learn each keyboard.

They've been doing this for months, this whole campaign.

I don't see it. My phone is vastly different than my wife's. And Dave's. The case, the color, the wallpaper… They're just running the same OS. So what?

This one's from over a year ago:

Makes about as much sense as the piano one.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I would rather have a product that works, and works well, than a product that just looks a little different than my friends.

Really don't see the point of that ad campaign.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

On 11/2/2015 at 11:26 AM, saevel25 said:

I am waiting for the SkyLake version of MBP 15" as well.

Looks more like September availability at best.  The dGPU (supposedly will use AMD's Polaris) is expected to be available in June.  That will make it more likely 15" SkyLake MBP will be announced in June (WWDC) at the earliest.  13" maybe announced in March but 15" most likely will not.

All those people expecting announcement of new 15" MBP in March will be disappointed.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

That's funny. :-)

I was watching TV last night and an AT&T ad came on. The customer in the ad says, "Hey Siri....". My iPhone answers, "What can I help you with?" :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

42 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I was watching TV last night and an AT&T ad came on. The customer in the ad says, "Hey Siri....". My iPhone answers, "What can I help you with?" :-P

Hey Siri, OK Google, Alexa. Be careful with these trigger words. :-)

Steve

• Administrator
1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Certain tech podcasts I know bleep those words out.

I turned that off on my phone because it happens often enough to be annoying, and I almost never do it on purpose.

• 1 month later...

Funny Australian Apple Pay ad. Dying to update my MBP, can't wait till the fall, hope there's a new model coming out.

Steve

13 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Funny Australian Apple Pay ad. Dying to update my MBP, can't wait till the fall, hope there's a new model coming out.

I have it, but I haven't used it that much. Most of the machines still need to be updated.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 1 month later...

I'm just watching the stream now, but it sounds like today's event was pretty jam-packed. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

9 minutes ago, jamo said:

I'm just watching the stream now, but it sounds like today's event was pretty jam-packed. 

I was hoping for a new MacBook Pro, but that was just speculation. No more "OS X" as the operating system name. Hopefully the Music app is better.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still trying to wrap myself around the idea of an iPhone without a headphone jack, but right now, man, that's just a bad idea. I was fine with removing the dvd drive from the laptops, but no headphone jack?

Steve

Note: This thread is 2450 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!