IGNORED

2014 BMW Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3511 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The FedEx Cup playoffs continue this week at the BMW Championship, but much farther west than normal.

Long held in the Midwest, mostly at Cog Hill outside Chicago, the venue this year falls to Cherry Hills Country Club, in the south suburbs of Denver.

On Tuesday players tried to drive the first green with a persimmon wood, trying to recreate the shot Arnold Palmer hit on the final round of the 1960 US Open.

Luckily for Bubba Watson they only had a right handed persimmon driver so he couldn't make an ass of himself by declining to participate ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I will be there Friday. Waited forever to get tix but my connection hooked me up yesterday. He's a bigwig here so hoping they are VIP something or another. Cherry Hills is pretty far from where I live but it will be worth it.

Dave :-)

Is this a Friday-Monday again?

Thursday-Sunday

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/bmw-championship.html

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator
Originally Posted by mvmac

Luckily for Bubba Watson they only had a right handed persimmon driver so he couldn't make an ass of himself by declining to participate

Ba ha ha ha ha.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

A lot of local coverage. Looks like they are hitting that green with 3w and less in practice rounds. It's warm and the weather is perfect, none of the funky winds we've had lately, the ball is going to fly.

A lot of local coverage. Looks like they are hitting that green with 3w and less in practice rounds. It's warm and the weather is perfect, none of the funky winds we've had lately, the ball is going to fly.

I'll be there tomorrow. One of my golf buddies got VIP txs. Looking forward to seeing the tournament in person.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Looks like I made a pretty good ticket score, thanks Tom, not that he'll see this. All inclusive hospitality chalet on the par 3 15th hole. Bummer I can only be there half the day. Need to look and see who is in the afternoon pairings.

I'll be there on either Saturday or Sunday. Not sure which yet.

Rory apparently hit a driver over the fence at the practice range. The fence is about 270 out, and 90 feet high. These guys are going to kill this course.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Nice to see Rory was best with persimmons,I'd take it would be a very foreign club to todays players, with practice using a persimmon they might achieve the same shot as great AP.We see what the week brings with the modern club.

* In My Ping DLX Bag *

Ping G25 driver 12.5 deg

Ping G25 Fairway 16.5 deg

Ping Rapture 2 Iron 18 deg (Alternet 20deg Mizuno Fli-Hi Hybrid)

Ping I 20 Hybrid 20 deg      (Alternet 23 deg Mizuno Fli-Hi Hybrid)

Ping G25 Irons 4-UW

Ping Tour Wedge SS 52 deg

Guerin Rife Barbados Putter (Alternet Odyssey White Ice 6 355g)

Preferred Ball Srixon Z Star.

Rory paired up with Chris Kirk, curiosu if this will bode well for Mr. Kirk again.

It's weird having this late of tee times. I have to wait until 12:30pm local time for the golf to start....I don't want to do office work right now. :cry:

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Rory is a beast. 370 yard 3 wood....some 400 yard drives....unbelievable

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Rory paired up with Chris Kirk, curiosu if this will bode well for Mr. Kirk again.

It's weird having this late of tee times. I have to wait until 12:30pm local time for the golf to start....I don't want to do office work right now.

i started by pulling open that weblink.  Crap.....not for another couple hours?

Bill - 

i started by pulling open that weblink.  Crap.....not for another couple hours?

I think the first group tees off in a half hour.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I think the first group tees off in a half hour.

but the live link (the one you started us on) is the only one I can use here.  And I think it notes 1:30 start time (ET).  So not too far away.  I'll try anyway.

(I have to watch golf - after three rounds this last weekend, tennis and kayaking, I know have a pretty severe case of tennis elbow - tendonitis sucks)

BTW - if you get east of here try these - I list these in my personal favorite order (White Eagle, St Croix National, Bristol Ridge, River Falls)

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 3511 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!