IGNORED

Strata Tour Ultimate

Note: This thread is 3512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My favorite ball in the past was the Strata Tour Ultimate. Loved every thing about it. Unfortunately they were discontinued. This weekend at the flea market (swap shop for you Cali boys), I found a few in the recycle bin. They were like brand new. I think I may play these babies this weekend. I wish I had more time to rummage through the bin (1000's of balls), but I had my dog with me and he was impatient (if you know what I mean). I didn't want him to pee in the shop (or on my leg). :-)

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

That's a good find there. Are the Strata Ultimates like the wound balata balls of several years ago?

What makes them special and desirable? Not being snarky because I honestly don't know. I always played the Top Flite X outs or the cheapest balls I could find

Chris

I don't play golf, I play at golf. There's a difference.

TM RBZ driver, RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3 wood, RBZ 7 wood, TM Burner 2.0 4-AW, Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl 56* sand wedge, Yes! Golf Valerie putter, Snake Eyes golf balls, TM stand bag

A lot of tour pros started playing the Strata. I don't believe they were wound. That's pretty old technology. The Strata were long and really spun. The cover is as soft as any I've felt. I think they're balata, but I never had a problem with damaging balata balls. Cart paths are a different story. Next time I go back to the flea market, I'll really rummage for more.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Note: This thread is 3512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!