IGNORED

Which of these fittings would you do?

Note: This thread is 3515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry to keep spamming my fitting questions but I am really iffy about wasting my money.

So I am looking to buy irons and have a top 100 golf digest fitter right around the corner from me. He charges $150 for a 2 hour fitting session for the whole bag (irons and woods), split into two 1 hour sessions. When you go there you hit outside off of grass with a launch monitor.

On the other hand there is the guy I get my lessons from and a person I really like that charges $65 to do an iron fitting. He also does it outside but do not think he uses a launch monitor. He is a certified fitter for a certain club maker. If you buy the irons from him he does the fitting for free. His course is also having a demo day in a couple of days for that club maker where I can get the fitting done.

So I am wondering if having the launch monitor present will help my fitting enough to justify paying $150 for it? I am going to be getting a higher end set and don't mind spending the money if it will truly help me but don't want to just throw it away because I can probably buy a new driver if I get the free fitting.

James

Do you like the brand the $ 65 fella is selling?  if so go for it and spend the $150 on your new clubs.  If however, you want to try various different makers and optimize to the "numbers" go to the top 100 fitter.

• Upvote 1

Driver G with Tour 65 shaft 10.5 neutral setting by :ping:
3W G30, #3 and #4 Hybrid, Irons 5 to GW G25 by :ping:
54 & 58 Glide Wedges and putter Cadence TR Anser 2  Traditional also by :ping:
Ball TriSpeed Tour by :srixon: Shoes M Project Wide by :footjoy:
Bag and Push cart by :sunmountain:

Go to Stan, he is worth the money.

Driver:     TaylorMade Jetspeed, stiff

Fws:        Taylormade RBZ 5 wood

Hybrids:   TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 rescue 3H

Irons:      Callaway X2 Hot Pro

Wedges:  Cleveland CG16 54*/14

Ping Glide WS 58*

Putter:     TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs

Do you like the brand the $ 65 fella is selling?  if so go for it and spend the $150 on your new clubs.  If however, you want to try various different makers and optimize to the "numbers" go to the top 100 fitter.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, it's a top brand I have been looking at but also I wouldn't mind seeing the numbers.

Did you go to him or how do you know he is worth it? I am actually leaning towards going to him, I am just looking at my options. $150 versus free is obviously a big difference. Seeing how I have never been fitted and I am not sure all that it entails I am just wondering if the extra is worth it and if there is really that much that goes into a fitting so I came here to ask people with more experience than me.

James

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Goodman

Did you go to him or how do you know he is worth it? I am actually leaning towards going to him, I am just looking at my options. $150 versus free is obviously a big difference. Seeing how I have never been fitted and I am not sure all that it entails I am just wondering if the extra is worth it and if there is really that much that goes into a fitting so I came here to ask people with more experience than me.

I take lessons in that school and I had irons fitting with Stan about two years ago. By that time I was real beginner and I got an extra lesson from Stan while we were fitting. I am seriously thinking of doing it again for the driver.

• Upvote 1

Driver:     TaylorMade Jetspeed, stiff

Fws:        Taylormade RBZ 5 wood

Hybrids:   TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 rescue 3H

Irons:      Callaway X2 Hot Pro

Wedges:  Cleveland CG16 54*/14

Ping Glide WS 58*

Putter:     TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs

Note: This thread is 3515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!