IGNORED

Steve Williams Inducted Into Caddy Hall Of Fame

RJH999
Note: This thread is 3492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Title says it all. http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/williams-inducted-caddie-hall-fame/ [Quote]After a career that has lasted nearly four decades, Steve Williams has been inducted into the Caddie Hall of Fame by the Western Golf Association. Williams received a bronze caddie statue as part of the ceremony Wednesday at the BMW Championship, where the New Zealander is on the bag for Adam Scott, for whom Williams has caddied since 2011."I want to thank the Western Golf Association for inducting me into the Caddie Hall of Fame," Williams said in a release announcing the induction. "I very much appreciate the honor."[/Quote] ...... Steve Williams is a cocksucker.

Riley

Can't deny he has been on the bag of couple world #1's ... Not sure personality is always a criteria in hall of fame selections ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH999 View Post

Title says it all.
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/williams-inducted-caddie-hall-fame/
Quote:
After a career that has lasted nearly four decades, Steve Williams has been inducted into the Caddie Hall of Fame by the Western Golf Association. Williams received a bronze caddie statue as part of the ceremony Wednesday at the BMW Championship, where the New Zealander is on the bag for Adam Scott, for whom Williams has caddied since 2011."I want to thank the Western Golf Association for inducting me into the Caddie Hall of Fame," Williams said in a release announcing the induction. "I very much appreciate the honor."

Steve Williams is a cocksucker.

QFT

• Administrator

Great caddie, though.

And that's what the hall of fame is for, right? Caddies?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Great caddie, though. And that's what the hall of fame is for, right? Caddies?

Great caddy. Biggest cocksucker since Elton John...ZING ..... I'm sorry I probably deserve to be banned for that one. :-O I like the new avatar btw.

Riley

• Administrator

Great caddy. Biggest cocksucker since Elton John...ZING

I'm sorry I probably deserve to be banned for that one.

You're right about the second part. It's gotten to be gratuitous already.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He is a good looper, but a dick for sure.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

He is a good looper, but a dick for sure.

Lots of professional sports figures are just like that; they're great at what they do, but they're awful people.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Not sure how they judge who deserves to be in or not. I kinda think caddies get lucky with who they pair up with. If wins is part of it, seems to me that Tiger won both with him on the bag and not.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Today I learned there was a Caddy HOF. I don't care for his attitude based on the media, but his career with Tiger should guarantee the spot.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

A Caddy Hall of Fame? Really?

A hall of fame...for helpers. Never hit a single shot. Carry a bag. Yells at photographers. Tells the player yardage. Walks a lot.

I assume there has be a Stage Manager Hall of Fame. After all, that dude working the sound board makes bands sound good.

The key is the Western Golf Association. This is the group that is behind Evans Scholars and are huge proponents of caddy programs. There should be no doubt that Williams is a great caddy, whatever that means but Tiger and Scott don't choose caddies unless they are really good in many ways. Although Tiger's first 2 caddies tended to have large egos which later bit them in the rear end.

The key is the Western Golf Association. This is the group that is behind Evans Scholars and are huge proponents of caddy programs. There should be no doubt that Williams is a great caddy, whatever that means but Tiger and Scott don't choose caddies unless they are really good in many ways. Although Tiger's first 2 caddies tended to have large egos which later bit them in the rear end.

Right. What's a 'great' caddy versus a 'regular' one? Better greens reading?

Does Danny Noonan get in? What about Romeo...oh wait, no. He couldn't talk Roy McAvoy out of losing the US Open.

Right. What's a 'great' caddy versus a 'regular' one? Better greens reading?

Does Danny Noonan get in? What about Romeo...oh wait, no. He couldn't talk Roy McAvoy out of losing the US Open.

I think for tour pros a good caddy has to make few mistakes, protect their employer, be a bit of a psychologist and stay out of the way.

Need a HOF for NFL water boys and NHL ice girls.

Stevie deserved it, regardless of whether I like him or not, which I don't.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!