IGNORED

Jack Nicklaus M 09 T Jumbo MacGregor Oil Hardened Club #1?

Note: This thread is 3509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

You might get $2-$5 at a garage sale or something. I've seen several on eBay that haven't sold.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Thanks iacas, if you don't mind I was wondering how much they were asking even thought they didn't sell.

You can probably see for yourself on eBay. Good luck.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

There is no market for old golf clubs. Sorry.

Actually, there is a market for them, but it is small and cheap!

Seriously, there are some folks who have an interest in clubs similar to that, myself included. As others have indicated though, most of those don't bring much money. I recently bought a 3-PW set of MacGregor irons of a similar vintage in like new condition for $30. Woods can be found as Erik said from $2-5, but the right person would pay a little more for one like yours. I believe the club you have was made around the late 80's-early 90's, probably when Nicklaus was still heavily involved with MacGregor. It was sort of a remake/tribute to some earlier Macs, but a quality club nonetheless.

As Erik said, you see a lot of those on ebay, some with high asking prices but not selling. The only ones like that which bring any real money are those that are new and unhit, with the original packaging and documentation, and only certain models of those. I would think that the buy it now mentioned of $27 is reasonable. If I came across it in a used bin, I would certainly be interested at around that price, depending on condition.

Some much older clubs such as playable hickories actually bring more money, as that segment of golf is growing.  Of course an old club with a documented tie to an important player or other famous person might bring a good bit, but that is due to fame and not utility as a golf club.

If someone pays more than $25-30 for a club like yours, even though it is nice, they either wanted it really bad or had no idea what they were doing. Brand new ones of similar quality and made to customer specifications (at least loft, shaft, and grip) can be bought for $175-250 still today, although from few sources.

It is a bit sad, as there are few who can make such clubs anymore.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Dbuck is correct. That club is from '86-'87. Notice the Claret Jug on the soleplate? Just like a Muirfield wood. The value here would be strictly sentimental if you owned it brand new. A mid '80's used driver isn't a mid '50s Armour designed by Toney Penna. Play it, clean it up and enjoy it.

Note: This thread is 3509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!