IGNORED

2014-2015 NHL Season

iacas
Note: This thread is 3212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Habs match up very well agains Pittsburg. Have for many years now.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Habs match up very well agains Pittsburg. Have for many years now.

They match up well, but Pittsburgh would probably find a way to make an extended series out of it... Between you and I, Ernest if I were the Habs I would rather play Detroit or Boston, maybe even Ottawa (that way The Habs don't have to worry about customs, and full cavity searches at Logan)...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

[quote name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/77408/2014-2015-nhl-season/30#post_1124068"]Habs match up very well agains Pittsburg. Have for many years now.

They match up well, but Pittsburgh would probably find a way to make an extended series out of it... Between you and I, Ernest if I were the Habs I would rather play Detroit or Boston, maybe even Ottawa (that way The Habs don't have to worry about customs, and full cavity searches at Logan)...[/quote] Ottawa is most definitely not a team the Habs want in the first round.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Ottawa is most definitely not a team the Habs want in the first round.

Oh, so they like the cavity searches at Logan? I've heard TSA, U.S. Customs Service and the INS loves it when the Habs face the Bruins at TD Garden, full cavity searches for everyone...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Oh, so they like the cavity searches at Logan? I've heard TSA, U.S. Customs Service and the INS loves it when the Habs face the Bruins at TD Garden, full cavity searches for everyone...

I heard one time they found one of Chara's elbow pads.

I heard one time they found one of Chara's elbow pads.

Was that the Mounties or US?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

• Administrator
Theoretically they could... If Pittsburgh is the first Wild Card, And Boston or Ottawa is the Second, Boston would play the Rangers, and Pittsburgh would play the Atlantic Division champion, which will be either Tampa or Montreal...

I think both of you missed the gist of my post… I was saying the Pens are in collapse mode and probably not making the playoffs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[QUOTE name="onthehunt526" url="/t/77408/2014-2015-nhl-season/36#post_1124043"] Theoretically they could... If Pittsburgh is the first Wild Card, And Boston or Ottawa is the Second, Boston would play the Rangers, and Pittsburgh would play the Atlantic Division champion, which will be either Tampa or Montreal...[/QUOTE] I think both of you missed the gist of my post… I was saying the Pens are in collapse mode and probably not making the playoffs.

No, I understood. My point, not necessarily directed at you, was that the Habs have done quite well against Pittsburg for years now. We match up well and they tend to be great games as both teams would rather play hockey then do whatever it is that Boston/Philly/Toronto does. Not a great year for Pens but they'll be back at the top soon enough.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I think both of you missed the gist of my post… I was saying the Pens are in collapse mode and probably not making the playoffs.

Yeah they are starting to look like the Red Sox in 2011 when they pretty much had the AL east won and went like 9—21 in September.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

OK Erik if you had to guess what is more likely, Calgary in the playoffs or The Pens missing the playoffs?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

• Administrator
OK Erik if you had to guess what is more likely, Calgary in the playoffs or The Pens missing the playoffs?

I don't follow the Flames. So… no idea.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't follow the Flames. So… no idea.

CALGARY is third in the Pacific with three games to play at 93 points... 43-29-7 to be exact... one point ahead of the Kings (second wild card), and Jets (Kings hold tiebreaker for second Wildcard in west)... but we're only two behind Vancouver for second in the Pacific Calgary's remaining games: Vs Coyotes on Tuesday VS Kings on Thursday @ Jets on Saturday LA: @Canucks Tomorrow @Oilers Tuesday @Flames Thursday @Sharks Saturday Winnipeg I know plays Minnesota St. Louis, and the Flames for sure, and they have one other game... ST. LOUIS, Nashville and Chicago have all clinched berths in the Central only the Avalanche are eliminated in the Central, Arizona and Edmonton in the Pacific... Dallas and San Jose, play an elimination game tomorrow... the Loser is eliminated from playoff contention and even if Dallas wins if either Winnipeg or Los Angeles win or lose in overtime or a shootout Dallas would be done... And San Jose would be done if either team Wins... (they can get to Calgary at 93, but Calgary has owned the Pacific this year, Calgary holds the tie-breaker with San Jose

What's in Shane's Bag?     

It would be a huge sigh of relief for Boston, Detroit, and Pens fans if the Leafs beat Ottawa tonight. Currently 2-2 with under 10 minutes left in the third.

Anybody who would have picked the Flames to be in the playoffs and left the Penguins off the list at the beginning of the year would have been laughed at.

Calgary was a young and inexperienced team with goaltending issues. What they are now is a young and inexperienced team with goaltending issues that has the second highest PDO in the league. They may be able to ride this wave, even into the SCF (though unlikely), but chances are, they'll end up just like the Colorado Avalanche or Toronto Maple Leafs next season. They're still a few pieces away from being perennial playoff contenders.

Pittsburgh, with the long list of injuries they faced this year to key players, could have easily ended up like the Columbus Blue Jackets. That they didn't speaks to their talent and skill level. They were the favorites to win the Metropolitan Division going into the season.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
Pittsburgh, with the long list of injuries they faced this year to key players, could have easily ended up like the Columbus Blue Jackets. That they didn't speaks to their talent and skill level. They were the favorites to win the Metropolitan Division going into the season.

Injuries have sucked. I've checked, and Consol Energy Center was NOT built on top of a former Indian burial grounds or anything like that, so I don't know what the deal is.

We've had players with cancer, two possibly career-ending blood clot issues (one did end the career, the other says he'll play again but I'm doubtful), and one player had a stroke. Never mind that Letang has been out, Ehrhoff has been out, Maatta has been out, and that's 3 of your top 4 defensemen. Comeau, Hornquist, and Malkin have missed significant time. Dupuis hasn't played much at all this year and may be done for his career. They outshot the Flyers 47-20 today or something like that and lost 4-1. Their PDO is something like the lowest in the league… because their shooting percentage is miniscule.

https://twitter.com/ManGamesLostNHL/status/584369989034975232/photo/1

Anybody who would have picked the Flames to be in the playoffs and left the Penguins off the list at the beginning of the year would have been laughed at. Calgary was a young and inexperienced team with goaltending issues. What they are now is a young and inexperienced team with goaltending issues that has the second highest PDO in the league. They may be able to ride this wave, even into the SCF (though unlikely), but chances are, they'll end up just like the Colorado Avalanche or Toronto Maple Leafs next season. They're still a few pieces away from being perennial playoff contenders. Pittsburgh, with the long list of injuries they faced this year to key players, could have easily ended up like the Columbus Blue Jackets. That they didn't speaks to their talent and skill level. They were the favorites to win the Metropolitan Division going into the season.

Do you think Iggy would consider coming home to finish his career, When he left, it was because of a lot of reasons, mostly the coach and upper management, but now that they have Bob Hartley and they've developed their talent, maybe he'd come home and give the Flames the Veteran Leadership they deserve... One side note: if the Flames in fact do make the playoffs, Bob Hartley should be at least in the talk for the Jack Adams award... considering I believe Sports Illustrated had them finishing sixth in the division (only ahead of Edmonton) and there's an outside chance they finish second in the division...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Injuries have sucked. I've checked, and Consol Energy Center was NOT built on top of a former Indian burial grounds or anything like that, so I don't know what the deal is.

We've had players with cancer, two possibly career-ending blood clot issues (one did end the career, the other says he'll play again but I'm doubtful), and one player had a stroke. Never mind that Letang has been out, Ehrhoff has been out, Maatta has been out, and that's 3 of your top 4 defensemen. Comeau, Hornquist, and Malkin have missed significant time. Dupuis hasn't played much at all this year and may be done for his career. They outshot the Flyers 47-20 today or something like that and lost 4-1. Their PDO is something like the lowest in the league… because their shooting percentage is miniscule.

I sympathize with you... not even a little bit :-P . My team sucked from Day 1.

But yea, it's weird. I can understand injuries related to the game, but cancer and blood clots? That's just strange.

Do you think Iggy would consider coming home to finish his career, When he left, it was because of a lot of reasons, mostly the coach and upper management, but now that they have Bob Hartley and they've developed their talent, maybe he'd come home and give the Flames the Veteran Leadership they deserve...

I don't know. Couldn't begin to speculate, really.

One side note: if the Flames in fact do make the playoffs, Bob Hartley should be at least in the talk for the Jack Adams award... considering I believe Sports Illustrated had them finishing sixth in the division (only ahead of Edmonton) and there's an outside chance they finish second in the division...

I agree, but I'm not the one who makes these decisions. I also believe Cory Schneider should be in the Vezina conversation, but Carey Price is having a monster year, so that debate would be for nothing anyway.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!