IGNORED

Is Sergio Garcia an "ignorant little pig"?

supercow
Note: This thread is 5887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Is Sergio Garcia an "ignorant little pig"?

• Yes
    • No
    • What is a "ignorant little pig"?

He has unpopular opinions, and he has done some things that don't sync up with what we think our golf heroes ought to do.

You could say the same of Rory Sabbatini.

At the end of the day, how can we say we're tired of Mickelson's cookie-cutter, "always prepared" responses, then rip on Rory and Sergio for adding some flavor, color, and honesty to the world of golf commentary.

I say let them speak their minds. At least its worth paying attention to.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

• Administrator
At the end of the day, how can we say we're tired of Mickelson's cookie-cutter, "always prepared" responses, then rip on Rory and Sergio for adding some flavor, color, and honesty to the world of golf commentary.

My dislike for Sergio has little or nothing to do with his commentary. It has a lot more to do with the "flavor" of his spit and a bunch of his other behavior and actions as well as his reactions to losing. He's a poor loser and a poor sport in general who lacks the class I'd like to see from a golfer with his talent.

And for the record, I called him an "ignorant little brat," not a "pig." So I voted as if the term was "brat." I don't think he's a "pig" at all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the term "pig" is too harsh. Obviously as iacas has stated he was misquoted. I just voted as well on this poll now and also voted him as an ignorant little "brat".

I continue to lose respect for Sergio with his view that everybody is out to get him attitude. Self fulfilling prophecy if you ask me.

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

I like what he brings to the games... I love Tiger, just everything about his game but like Phil he has the tendency to pull out some cookie cutter responses. I don't know how many times I can listen to how well he struck the ball and how some of his putts just didn't fall. Yeah golf is a supposed to be a game of class and gentlemen and all of that crap but the pga also used to have a caucasian only policy so yeah.

I just wish, one day when someone asks Tiger about a round or one of his playing partners he just whips out "yeah Phils sucks, I've won 13 majors man!" It's a little classless but entertaining. I love watching the big tournaments for the golf but a lot of the extra television spots and stuff is pretty damn boring, I pretty much am dissapointed if Sergio doesn't dress crazy or drops bombs on other players, Rory doesn't walk away from his playing partners... I guess I'm not huge on the traditions of the game I guess

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

he definitely needs a few lessons in maturity. Hopefully that with come sooner than later.
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

Just because people CAN speak their mind, doesn't mean they SHOULD. Spewing some words out of your mouth doesn't make you colorful. FTR, I think ordinary post-round interviews should be eliminated. Zach Johnson shot 60? OK, let's get on that. Tiger dropped another bogey-free 68, skip it, I've heard the speech before, and it's not Tiger's fault he can't make it sound more interesting than the last bogey-free 68.

Sure, I'd actually love to see Tiger and Phil interviewed together and have them sit there and just make fun of each other: TIGER: "Hey, Phil, that was pretty sweet how you doinked it off the tent again. Did you grab a hot dog while you were over there, or did you already have enough stashed in your bag?" Don't think that's happenin' though....

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

IMO Sergio and Sabattini are same bunch of guys that could'nt let thier game speak for themselves so they tend to use the mouth more often. Maybe they are just doing this things so that they can get some press, all can agree here that both has talents ,but it will not be enough for them to jump to top 3 or 2 anytime soon. Both rely on publicity gimmick( sergio with his ludacris attire, and so is sabattini with his WWE wrestling belt) so as they may not be buried below the depths of the persona a nemo status. But I do agree Ignorant pig is still harsh, maybe just an ignorant choker is more appropriate.

905R or 907D2 9.5* Fujikura Speeder X-stiff
GS Tour 3W
R7 Fairway Wood 5
Burner Rescue Hybrid 3H
755 iron set 4-PW Spin Milled 52*, 56*, 60* Studio Design Black Laguna, 35" Tour Issue One Black CB641 Caddy Bag Japan Model

My dislike for Sergio has little or nothing to do with his commentary. It has a lot more to do with the "flavor" of his spit and a bunch of his other behavior and actions as well as his reactions to losing. He's a poor loser and a poor sport in general who lacks the class I'd like to see from a golfer with his talent.

After the British Open he was such a whiney little brat. That press conference was just brutal to watch. Talk about someone feeling sorry for themselves and looking for pity. I lost a lot of respect for him after that.

Still enjoy watching him strike a golf ball, but I guess that's irrelevant.

again, I think it adds a much needed flavor to golf. I love the game of golf with the utmost passion but am really going to sit down and watch this tourney this week? When the big dogs aren't there it just isn't the same, and as much as their play speaks for them their attire and the way they interact with us is just as important as their ability to strike a 9 iron 180 yards.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I've cheered for him in the past, but his post Open Championship press conference did not sit well. I usually cut some guys slack after they have lost; often they say things in the heat of emotions that can be understood. But his poor me comments after the Open showed a lack of maturity IMO. Seems like one of those guys who has had everything handed to him on a silver platter, and when things don't go as planned, get pissy. His reaction after his DQ at the PGA added to this feeling for me too.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if the term applies, but he is certainly on my "big jerk" list... He is the Barry Bonds of Golf...without the 'roid booster shots.

When I think of the class of golfers that used to be and continue to be golf heros (Arnie, Jack, etc.) and compare them to many of the spoiled, over-paid punks who now seem to infest the game, I am upset that anyone even gives players like Sergio and Rori any attention whatsoever.

Sergio is a classless bum...
In My Bag:
Driver-Burner 9.5- Stiff
3 Wood- Tour Edge Bazooka
Hybrids- 2,3,5 - Tour Edge Bazooka QL Ironwoods
Irons-Burner XD- 4-SW steel,stiffPutter-Odyssey Dual Force 2

• 3 weeks later...
I think Sergio is in dire need of a maturity injection. He's almost 30 now, but he still acts like he's still 19 or even younger. Also, Sergio hasn't won an event anywhere since 2005. That's simply inexcuable for someone with his extraordinary ballstriking prowess.

He is a young excitable character who has just lost the Open, did you expect anything else?? its nice to have people like rory and sergio that actually speak their minds rather than the standered PR responses from almost every other tour pro, neither of them are ignorant or bratty. i see them as a breath of fresh air lol

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

It is hard to be supportive of anyone who plays the "blame the fans, blame the flagstick, blame the press, oh poor me" game. He apprently thinks too much about something other than getting the ball in the hole when he is playing... maybe he is a young Spanish version of Monty.

He should stop feeling sorry for himself and figure out how to make a putt when it matters.

SubPar

Blaming everything but themselves, for a tour pro can be vital so that they dont lose confidence in their own ability, this is somthing that Gary Player did a lot how ever it could create a state in which the player expects somthing to go wrong there fore the technique producing a negative reaction.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Note: This thread is 5887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!