IGNORED

Bluejack National Video - This is NOT Satire

iacas
Note: This thread is 3004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

This is not a joke, satire, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My favorite part is at 0:33 when the guy says that "this is not the typical master-planned community" and then goes on to perfectly describe a typical master-planned community. :-P

I just wish the video showed more of the actual course, but I guess it's not finished yet.

• Administrator
My favorite part is at 0:33 when the guy says that "this is not the typical master-planned community" and then goes on to perfectly describe a typical master-planned community. :-P

Is it matching–tie –and–sweater–draped–over–shoulders guy? :-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

A Tiger Woods designed course?

That sounds like a haven for scratch golfers. The rest of us might find the 700 yard par 5s and 600 yard par 4s just a little challenging. Unless, they drop a tee box in the middle of the fairway. :-D

Seriously, though the dirt areas they were filming of the course construction look really huge.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Holy crap Mark O'Meara looks old.

Looks like a cool place. The sweater over the shoulders guy was hilarious.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Holy crap Mark O'Meara looks old.

Looks like a cool place. The sweater over the shoulders guy was hilarious.

Sweater guy has pink and grey matching outfits in the video. I bet he's got like 10 different colors.

I thought the same thing about O'Meara.

Bluejack - the name, boy, I can think of some pretty nasty jokes based on the name. Along the lines of Billy Joel's Captain Jack will get you high tonight.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
A Tiger Woods designed course? That sounds like a haven for scratch golfers. The rest of us might find the 700 yard par 5s and 600 yard par 4s just a little challenging.

You are aware of the fact that Arnold Palmer, Greg Norman, and most notably Jack Nicklaus design courses too, right?

You are aware of the fact that Arnold Palmer, Greg Norman, and most notably Jack Nicklaus design courses too, right?

Yeah, I've actually played Angeles National (Nicklaus) about 15 miles from me. I can only imagine how tough Tiger's course is going to be.

Looks really nice other than the potentially intimidating course. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
Yeah, I've actually played Angeles National (Nicklaus) about 15 miles from me. I can only imagine how tough Tiger's course is going to be.

I say this with love. :-) We need a "missed the point" avatar here. The code for it would be :lihu:. ;-) :banana:

A Tiger Woods designed course? That sounds like a haven for scratch golfers. The rest of us might find the 700 yard par 5s and 600 yard par 4s just a little challenging. Unless, they drop a tee box in the middle of the fairway. :-D Seriously, though the dirt areas they were filming of the course construction look really huge.

Everything I've ever read about Tiger's design philosophy is quite the opposite. He believes in making courses fun and accessible for all skill levels. Just play the appropriate set of tees :-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Looks really nice other than the potentially intimidating course. . .

I suppose the point I was making was that even the easiest tees on Jack's course is relatively hard.

http://www.angelesnational.com/scorecard.html

I say this with love.

We need a "missed the point" avatar here. The code for it would be :lihu:.

It should be the "assumption" emoticon. ;-)

Everything I've ever read about Tiger's design philosophy is quite the opposite. He believes in making courses fun and accessible for all skill levels. Just play the appropriate set of tees

I suppose Tiger could design a course for the everyday amateur, but it seems like a course with his name on it should be "Tiger tough".

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I suppose the point I was making was that even the easiest tees on Jack's course is relatively hard.

Two questions:

1. Since when is 68.9/116/4899 yds considered hard?
  2. Why do you associate its "hardness" with it's designer, when your sample size seems to be one?

I suppose Tiger could design a course for the everyday amateur, but it seems like a course with his name on it should be "Tiger tough".

Related to the above, but A) Why would you even think that it's possible Tiger WOULDN'T design a course for the everyday amateur, and additionally, why would you think that a course that he designs has to be "Tiger tough?"

Lastly, what does that even mean?

Two questions:

Since when is 68.9/116/4899 yds considered hard?

Why do you associate its "hardness" with it's designer, when your sample size seems to be one?

Related to the above, but A) Why would you even think that it's possible Tiger WOULDN'T design a course for the everyday amateur, and additionally, why would you think that a course that he designs has to be "Tiger tough?"

Lastly, what does that even mean?

Not trying to start an argument or anything, but most of the people I know go to Angeles National because it is "Nicklaus tough". Kind of like TPC Tampa (Chi Chi Rodriguez's design). They are noted as being tough courses, and part of the appeal is because they are tough.

I also just looked at one of Tiger's designs in Ensenada MX, it looks really nice . Looks pretty much as I would expect from a Tiger course.

I'm not knocking anything down, I was just joking that it appears to be a "haven for scratch golfers" because of the sheer size of the construction. It looks really massive. I would still try to go there sometime.

It also looks like fun, something I would expect from Tiger. Cheers. :beer:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Not trying to start an argument or anything, but most of the people I know go to Angeles National because it is "Nicklaus tough". Kind of like TPC Tampa (Chi Chi Rodriguez's design). They are noted as being tough courses, and part of the appeal is because they are tough.

I also just looked at one of Tiger's designs in Ensenada MX, it looks really nice. Looks pretty much as I would expect from a Tiger course.

I'm not knocking anything down, I was just joking that it appears to be a "haven for scratch golfers" because of the sheer size of the construction. It looks really massive. I would still try to go there sometime.

It also looks like fun, something I would expect from Tiger. Cheers.

Okie dokie.

• Administrator

I also just looked at one of Tiger's designs in Ensenada MX, it looks really nice. Looks pretty much as I would expect from a Tiger course.

It also looks like fun, something I would expect from Tiger. Cheers.

The point is… Jack Nicklaus, Arnie, Tiger, Player, Norman, anyone… can make a difficult or an easy golf course. They can make a golf course that's difficult from 7400 yards but easy from 6200 yards. And so on. They can do a difficult HOLE and an easy HOLE on the same course, even.

You seemed to be posting that because it's a Tiger Woods course it will be difficult.

That makes no sense. One does not follow the other necessarily.

The course ratings @Golfingdad listed are not representative of a "difficult" course at all.

I'm legitimately disappointed in this. I live pretty close to this project, and these guys will guaranteed kill the "hustle and bustle free, magical environment" that already exists here. I played the course that existed on the property before they sold it to this group, and I knew that layout could have been exceptional if someone would have invested the time and money. It never really recovered from hurricane damage that happened in the 2000s, so I was excited to hear about the new plans for the course. I was hoping this would be a world renowned, championship caliber golf course carved through the property the best way that Mr. Woods saw fit. I just can't shake the felling that all the development around it will detract from the tranquility that the previous course had and Bluejack could have.

Sidenote: The more of Tiger I see off the course, the more I would wager he actually has a close personal relationship with a guy that has matching ties and sweaters for everyday of the week.

Justin

Originally Posted by iacas

Is it matching–tie –and–sweater–draped–over–shoulders guy?

It looks like ceremonial dress for some weird cult. Classic. :-)

Here are the junior members on their way to the zipline.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 3004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!