IGNORED

Bluejack National Video - This is NOT Satire

iacas
Note: This thread is 3026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looks like it's totally private.  The return for the website on google calls it a "world class private club and community."

Also, if you look at their website, it looks like they're going for the Augusta National style of having members from all over, because under the 'living' tab one of its options are "member suites," which are:

Ah, well, no big loss I guess. Maybe someone from here will get an invite to play there and can vlog it :-)

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2015/10/16/golfcom-qa-tigers-about-to-open-his-second-course.html

Art Stricklin talks to Tiger Woods about his second original 18-hole design, Bluejack National, where of course it's playable for the average man and challenging for the elite player, etc...

But what is interesting: the extra amenity that every new course should build.

The entire development is focused on creating an atmosphere where the whole family can come together. We’ve taken this to heart in the design to create a course that will be enjoyable for all. The design has integrated a number of techniques to facilitate this – there is no rough, the fairways are generous, and the front of the greens are open and grassed with a greens grade quality grass to promote creative shot making. These qualities help to create a golf course where different levels of golfers can play at the same time for an overall enjoyable, fun experience. We’ve also created "The Playgrounds,” which is a 10-hole short course that is ideal for golfers of all ages and skill levels. The Playgrounds is going to be wonderful for families and entertaining friends, but I also see it as an ideal place to introduce new players to the game in a fun and relaxed setting.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 2 months later...

Regarding the comment that Jack or Arnie or Tiger or Norman can design an easy course for average players and a tough course for players in the same design is a statement that I would quibble with.  I think for highly skilled golfers like the foursome mentioned you will find that generally the greens on their golf courses will be more heavily fortified with mounds or sand or water or all three and regardless of how short the shots to those greens might be for players playing from shorter tees those courses will still be tougher than ones where there are "open" sides to the greens or where the greens are extremely large and easy to hit (as you see in many of Tom Fazio's designs for instance).

Additionally, persons hiring any of the above 4 as designers will most likely be expecting a design that will generate some buzz or interest in the golfing community for some signature hole or design features or some natural setting not found elsewhere.

Great example of the theory that shortness of a course does not make it that much easier is Chambers Bay - played it two years before the Open and even with all the par 3s being played at yardages under 150 yards, the slopes in those greens as well as their speed and firmness made par still challenging even hitting a short iron into them; on the par 4 holes the ones uphill were still very long with the slopes eating up a lot of roll on the ball and on the downhill ones the carries in genear were very tough to judge and led to layups where the shots to the greens become longer and tougher.   A very tough course in the Open and a very tough course even from the white tees without anything on the line.

On October 16, 2015 at 2:31 PM, mvmac said:

I like that they're making it more of a fun course than something like Oakmont. There's a lot to be said for a fun day of golf that doesn't require you to buckle down to play well. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2014 at 5:06 AM, newtogolf said:

The video is wrong on so many levels in its use of stereotypes, I was waiting for a cameo of Judge Smails.   Whoever thought it was a good idea for one of the main guys involved to be videoed the entire time with a sweater draped over his shoulders that matched his tie. should be fired

I'd like to play the course because Tiger designed it but if sweater guy is the main demographic they're going after for the community, I'll pass.

@Lihu tanding that Pete Dye designs some of the most difficult courses out there and he was never a pro.  Course design is based on the demographics of who they are designing the course for and the land they have to work with.  I've played courses designed by pro's and didn't find them to be any more difficult than courses designed by non-pro's.

The other reason it is wrong it that it is the middle of nowhere, about an hour north of Houston.

I lived in Houston for years, and have played many of the courses up there - Texas National, April Sound, Wedgewood, Walden, Bentwater. Some decent courses but really it is much more of an East Texas feel than a big city (or at least it was when I live there). If this property didn't have Tigers name associated with it then it would just be another golf community. One that would likely be very cheap to play in 5-10 years after the development goes bust.

Players play, tough players win!

"The design has integrated a number of techniques to facilitate this – there is no rough, the fairways are generous, and the front of the greens are open and grassed with a greens grade quality grass to promote creative shot making. These qualities help to create a golf course where different levels of golfers can play at the same time for an overall enjoyable, fun experience"

The above statement is certainly true - the only question these days is how many developers/designers are willing to forgo the long and spectacular type of course for this more benign type of course - I think the best one can generally hope for would be that a developer might just have the smaller plot of land available on which to build say a 9 hole easy course (with qualities mentioned above) and then still have room for his more spectacular course that will pretty much command the bigger green fees that will pay the bills at the end of the day.  That's still a hard choice to make as it might eat into space that could be used for a larger and more complete practice area which can generate revenue as well.

Edited by Coronagolfman

Note: This thread is 3026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!