IGNORED

What's The Funniest Shot You've Ever Seen On The Golf Course

play4him
Note: This thread is 5668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I remember back in high school during one of our practice rounds, one of guys in our group hit a shot I couldn't believe. He addressed the ball and took a mighty cut only to hit it between his legs. He had swung so far outside the ball, he barely caught it with the hosel knocking it back through his legs about 5 feet behind his back.
The rest of the foursome was rolling on the ground. I still can't believe that shot and I saw it. So, how about you ?
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joining a twosome on the first tee on a busy Sunday morning. 1 group behind us. We are playing from the whites, group behind us is going to be playing from the blues.

First two guys tee off and put it down the middle on a dogleg left par 4. I miraculously blast it down the middle so far it ends up in the far rough.

My friend swings as hard as he can, tops the ball, hits the hole map sign and pops the ball up back towards the blue tees. I, while laughing my butt off, turn and say "fore!!!"

Poor guy. The rest of his round wasn't that much better.

Driver: SasQuatch 10.5°, Stiff Flex
Woods: Grand Slam 3-wood & 5-wood
Irons: TPS 7.0 3I-PW
Wedges: 56° sand wedge & 60° lob wedge
Putter: White Hot #6

A person in my group smashed a low shot off the tee that caught the white tee box marker about 30 feet in front of us. The tee box marker came out of the ground and traveled another 20 feet to the left smashing into a cart on the cart path while the ball sailed back at our heads and what seemed like 100 MPH. It was a lot of action in a 5 second span. It was pretty funny when we were all ok.

In the bag:

Burner 10.5
Rescue mid 16, 19, 22, 25
X-16 irons Forged+ Vintage 48, 54, 60 Circa 62 #3 A009125

Last summer, I am on the tee of a short par 5, and I try to murder the ball as hard as possible. Topped the hell out of it, and hit it on the heel, ball squirted out and hit the concrete hole/yard sign, came straight back at me. Took a mulligan, hit again. Hit the sign again, another ball came back at me. By then we were all rolling around on the ground.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

A year or two ago, probably about about halfway through a round, I was a little bit absentminded while one of the members of the twosome my dad and I were paired up with was teeing off. I was in his way, so my dad alerted me and I moved to behind him quite away, perhaps ten yards. Well the guy starts his swing and it looks excellent. Well, he swings at the ball incorrectly and it goes off to the left immediately and smashes into the left red/yellow tee box marker, going right at me. Lucky for me I was paying attention and fell to the ground as quickly as I could to dodge the ball, because boy, that ball was coming at me quickly.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

Me and my father-in-law join another twosome on the first tee. The first guy tees his ball really high and takes a mighty swing. His driver goes right under the ball and sends it straight in the air a whole 10 feet. The guy drops his club and catches his ball and calmly retees it just a tad lower. I was laughing so hard I could'nt hit my ball for 5 minutes.

Beware of old dudes with old clubs and new grips.

A person in my group smashed a

That is pretty funny.....
What's in my bag?

PING G5 driver......125 shipped
Ping G5 3 wood.....110 shipped
Taylormade RAC LT irons 3-PW......200 plus shippingTaylor made 2 iron......(sold)Black Callaway golf bag.....(sold)Titlist Vokey Wedge 58* 40 shippedTitlist Vokey wedge 54* 40 shippedAll For sale......If...

I was playing a friendly tournament with family and friends in April in England. I was playing my final match of the weekend, coming down the 18th. I had lost the game at the 17th, 3&1, so I decided to give up playing safe and go for every shot. I was in a fairway bunker on the right and decided to try and carry to the green. I took a seven iron thinking that I'd need a bit more club to compensating for the slightly buried lie. I ended up carrying the green and my ball took one bounce on the concrete beside the club house, flew in through the clubhouse door into the bar and gently hit one of my teammate's legs.

I thought I had hit the clubhouse and it had bounced back into play. As I walked up closer, I saw the two girls that worked behind the bar had come to the door and were holding my ball, giggling to themselves. I was then informed of what happened and I felt a bit stupid.

http://rustycup.blogspot.com/

You'll see on this page that I (M. Kelly) was awarded Shot of the Tournament for that shot. :)
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

I was playing with my grilfriend about a month ago, and there's a 150 yard par 3, and right behind the green (within 10 yards of the back edge) is the tee box for the next hole.

(Now, as a preface, this course has hole/yardage things at each tee box, made out of stone so they're pretty. The faceplate that has all the information on it is on a 45* angle on the stone post.)

So back to the story, the day before I had overshot the green with my 7-iron, so I pulled out my 8-iron (new clubs, still getting used to yardages). So I took my tee shot and I must have been feeling good, because I hit it straight and I was excited to see it drop right on the pin.... annnnd over the hill it goes, over the small tree behind the green, and I couldn't believe it. All of a sudden I hear a loud THUNK and I'm like great, cart path... it's probably bounced 3 holes over now.

So we cart to the green and I go searching for my ball. a couple of minutes later after I can't find it, I go back to drop, and I see this white speck on the back lip/rough of the raised green. It was my ball, and I don't know how it got there, but my best guess is that it bounced off of that 45* stone hole info plate thingy and came back.

No idea what happened, but from now on I choke up and make sure to swing slower on my 8i. I've tried my 9i on that hole but it comes up 5 yards short of the green.

Driver: r7 10.5*
3W: Black Ti
Irons: CG Gold
Wedges: 54*, Acuity 60*
Putter: Copperhead bladeBall: NXT-Tour

In Florida a couple years ago, tight driving hole, pulled my tee shot low and left and hit a tree dead square in the trunk about 100 or so yards away. The ball shot directly backwards and came bouncing right back at me. It rolled up gently onto the tee box and came to rest almost in the exact spot where I had originally tee'd it up.

Had a nice tight lie for my 2nd shot though.

Par 5... crush my tee shot right down the middle and have about 165 left to the green. I am literally dead center of the fairway. Dismayed, I grab my 7 iron and take a nice easy swing, sounds great and feels good... with my head still down I hear the thud of my ball hitting the White and Black Striped 4x4 marking 150 out flush... ball comes flying back over my head. 3rd shot I am lying 210ish out and really, really disappointed
In the Bag:

-Driver- 905ti 10.5 deg Speeder Shaft
-3W- R7
-Hybrid- G5 22 deg -Irons- X-16 Reduced Offset Created -GW, SW and PutterAnd a Big 'ole Umbrella!

Probably about 10 years ago. Friend of mine tees off, the shot literally comes off the club at a 90 degree angle and lands in the cart in the little area where you store your snacks, trash, etc.

Another shot, also quite a few years ago. Playing in a threesome. I tee off, go to the left side of the fairway, my other friend tees off goes to the right, and the third guy goes straight down the middle. We all walk up to our balls, which are all pretty much the same distance, just on different sides of the fairway.

I'm standing there getting ready to line up my shot and all of a sudden I'm conked in the back of the head by a golf ball. I grab my head and immediately turn towards the other fairway thinking it's another group that hit into me. No one is there. I turn back to our fairway and the guy who hit his shot down the middle is practically falling over from laughter. I yell out "what the f***!?".

The guy who hit his shot to the right side of the fairway comes walking over and says "you see my ball go by here?". I said "I think you hit me in the head!". He knew he hit it bad, but had no clue he had come that close to me. I was practically 90 degrees and way off to the left of him, so that must have been one poor shot.

Luckily, I was hit on a one-hopper and not straight at my head or I might not be here typing this now.
"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

Prolly 20 years ago. 180 par 3 w/ OB down the right side. OB is corn field being harvested. BIG assed combine (not near as big as todays mind you, but even old combines are were big) is about 10 corn rows from the fence. My buddie pulls out a 4i and hits the biggest bannanna I've seen him hit, a HUGE slice. Hits the combine perfect and ricocehts onto the green, 18" from the hole. SumBitch gets a tap-in bird. We still laugh about that one everytime we play!
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Well its not my shot but one of my friends, it was on a par 5, and it had just stopped raining, so the ground was really wet, so he stepped up to the t-box and asked if he could use my other friends club, of couse he said yes. He stepped up to the ball and hit it, all I heard was a thud, I looked up in the sky to see where the ball had gone, and so did everyone else, inculding, the guy that hit the ball. Then we looked down and saw the ball plugged into the ground right next to the tee. He looked at the bottom of the club and there was a huge dent on the bottom of it, I started cracking up laughing, while my other friend was pissed of and the other one was running for his life. It was extremly funney, but I guess you had to be there for it

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*
Irons- 3-P Project X 5.5 Wedges- Vokey 54* and 58* Putter- Scotty Ball- Bridgestone B330-S

Huge hacker, 4rd shot on Par 5 (still 200 yards to go), tries to hit it real hard - ball lands about 3 yards behind him (guess he topped it really hard in the fairway). Tried to reproduce this shot - havent been able to do.

Guy hits a Rescue on a Par3 - he tees off, we start looking for his ball - ball never left the tee box, hit a nice divot with his club and the ball fell right in his divot.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

I've got an interesting situation that happened to me when I was playing a match against a guy who was the biggest fluker in the world. He rolled in chips and putts from everywhere. I was 2 down with 5 to go and 14th is a 170 yard par 3. He hits a beautiful shot right at the flagstick, and for a second I get the thought in my head that the match is practically over, but the ball hits the flag and rolls back right at the edge of the bunker, giving him a terrible stance for his next shot. I then hook it to the left of the green hitting a big rock sending the ball on to the green 10 feet from the hole. I won the hole and then went on to win the match. He got so destroyed by that hole. He deserved to win that hole and he lost it.
In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!