IGNORED

Titleist 915d3 - Fitting question - oban devotion 7 05 X

Note: This thread is 3427 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys, high school golf coach / teacher here... have a question. I broke my driver about a month ago and finally bit the bullet to pay for a full bag fitting with titleist rep.  Tried a few different shaft options, settled on the Oban Devotion 7 05 X for the driver (915d3 8.5) and Rombax p95x for the 3 wood (915f-d 13.5).  SS 122-125 with driver, aggressive transition and lag, quicker tempo.  Being a teacher, couldn't afford to order these clubs with the rep, so I started hunting online.  Long story short, can't find the Oban anywhere and can't find the Rombax at a reasonable price.  My questions are, does anyone know where to find the Oban shaft (in a club or out of one) or know of comparable shaft options that would be more affordable and is there significant advantage to the 915 over 913 that would justify the extra expense? Thanks in advance for any help.

All I can say is when I recently bought my 913, the pro who I bought it off aleady had his fitted 915, and said that the difference, performance wise was very negligible, 915= £350 913= £130, I decided to save £220 And bought matching 913 FD for £90 I was more than happy!

Gaz Lee

Hi guys, high school golf coach / teacher here... have a question. I broke my driver about a month ago and finally bit the bullet to pay for a full bag fitting with titleist rep.  Tried a few different shaft options, settled on the Oban Devotion 7 05 X for the driver (915d3 8.5) and Rombax p95x for the 3 wood (915f-d 13.5).  SS 122-125 with driver, aggressive transition and lag, quicker tempo.  Being a teacher, couldn't afford to order these clubs with the rep, so I started hunting online.  Long story short, can't find the Oban anywhere and can't find the Rombax at a reasonable price.  My questions are, does anyone know where to find the Oban shaft (in a club or out of one) or know of comparable shaft options that would be more affordable and is there significant advantage to the 915 over 913 that would justify the extra expense? Thanks in advance for any help.

Your 122-125 (driver) SS puts you in rarified company.  So, maybe the "beasts" on this site can make some suggestions.  If not, my suggestion would be to call the rep you worked with and explain your (financial) concerns.  I'm sure he'll be able to suggest some options.  You can also contact a facility that has a Titleist fitting cart and go through a series of trials and errors to find some no-additional-cost shafts that would give you similar numbers that you got with the Oban and Rombax.

As far as the difference between the 915 and 913, there's some videos out where they isolated the performance differences between just the heads (by using the same shaft).  The reviewers were getting some noticeable differences (~10 yards or more depending).  I've been playing the 910 (9.5* D2) since it came out.  When the 913 came out, I tested it and got maybe a yard or two at most.  The 913 felt better, but the numbers weren't   So, I didn't change.  My experience seemed to be consistent with the comparison videos online.

Fast forward to last week when I tested the 915.  I bolted the head onto my existing shaft and this time, I got ~8 yards more out of it.  Surprisingly, I got the best result (launch angle and spin rate) with the D3 head, so that's the one I picked up today.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

There is a seller on eBay that has various clubs with different shafts. You may have to pull a shaft and resell heads. Here's the item #301081579800

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3427 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!