IGNORED

Driver Setup

Note: This thread is 3415 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys,

I have previously struggled hitting driver off the tee, my bad shot was a low hook. My path is on average 4 degrees to the left if this helps. I have found recently if I set up with my shoulders tilted with my right shoulder slightly lower at address and feel like i'm slightly leaning back??? I have been launching the ball really well with a slight fade, just like my irons. Is this just a quick fix, or is it something I should continue doing?

Thanks

George

I have my weight tilted back at address with more weight on my left side. I play a slight draw. I really concentrate on keeping my head still. I really hit my driver well yesterday. I employ this technique for all my shots. Having the weight forward during the swing really helps make my weight shift more automatic.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Hi guys,

I have previously struggled hitting driver off the tee, my bad shot was a low hook. My path is on average 4 degrees to the left if this helps. I have found recently if I set up with my shoulders tilted with my right shoulder slightly lower at address and feel like i'm slightly leaning back??? I have been launching the ball really well with a slight fade, just like my irons. Is this just a quick fix, or is it something I should continue doing?

Thanks

George

Check out this thread.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like that position with pretty much all my clubs, just change the stance, and I don't like to really feel like I'm tilting my spine, it causes too much IMO, I prefer the higher shoulder/hip feel and a little weight on the back foot for driver, and the opposite for many irons.

• Administrator
The reverse K.  I like the position with the driver;

I do as well, so long as the golfer realizes that two things happen:

• The hips are pushed forward a little bit. Otherwise you get a setup that looks a bit like a teepee instead of a reverse K.
  • The head is not tipped back a LOT.

The third image in this picture shows how many, upon hearing that they want to set up in a reverse K, set up - with their nose at the red dot instead of at the green dot:

That puts their head well behind the ball (too far), and is "too much" of a reverse K.

Most of the "reverse K shape" comes from sliding the hips a little forward onto the right side of that "reverse K."

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I suffered from a regular slice with my driver. Then I came across this link and it cured my slice in 1 go! I'm not claiming to be perfect, but since this my drive is much more consistent, mostly straight, decent distance and a positive AOA. Which works for my low to mid 90's swing speed (measured today). I expect to carry over 200-220, with a total distance of 240-250. 12 deg Benross Hot Speed driver. This may not work for eveyone, but it definitely does for me! If the link doesn't work try searching for: (Best Driver Video) Drive the Ball without Slicing [VIDEO]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lnopJFvTa3Q[/VIDEO]
  • Upvote 1

Callaway Big Bertha V Series 10.5 Driver stiff shaft
Benross Hot Speed 16 deg 3 fw
Callaway XR 22 deg hybrid
Callaway XR 25 deg hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 6-pw
Callaway Mack Daddy 3 48/54/60 wedges
Odyssey White Hot Pro Havok

I suffered from a regular slice with my driver. Then I came across this link and it cured my slice in 1 go! I'm not claiming to be perfect, but since this my drive is much more consistent, mostly straight, decent distance and a positive AOA. Which works for my low to mid 90's swing speed (measured today). I expect to carry over 200-220, with a total distance of 240-250. 12 deg Benross Hot Speed driver. This may not work for eveyone, but it definitely does for me! If the link doesn't work try searching for: (Best Driver Video) Drive the Ball without Slicing [VIDEO]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lnopJFvTa3Q[/VIDEO]

This video had been posted in here somewhere before. It has helped me as well.

- Jered

Enjoyed that video. Thanks for sharing. Interesting what he said about avoiding reaching for the ball and the dreaded lateral movement.

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

Note: This thread is 3415 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!