IGNORED

RFKFREAK's Journal About Golf Past, Present, and Future

RFKFREAK

Excellent, FREAK.   Getting a personal record is always an awesome feeling.   Now, you can go after 43 :beer: .

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Excellent, FREAK.   Getting a personal record is always an awesome feeling.   Now, you can go after 43 .

Thanks!

Playing the same course tomorrow, but playing 18 so the goal is 87! :dance:

Had the mindset today of playing each hole to bogey and it seemed to work.  We'll see tomorrow. :-)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

So, I followed through with most of my plan this week.

Monday I went to the gym with my friend and we began to implement his workout plan.

Tuesday, I did some indoor and outdoor practice with my net.

Wednesday, I did some more outdoor practice with my net and submitted a video to Evolvr,  My friend was sick but still motivated to go to the gym.

Thursday, did some indoor practice.  I was planning on hitting the course for 9 but it was really cold and windy.

Today, I went and played 9 after work and I'm proud to say:

I shot my lowest 9 ever - a 44!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/RFKFREAK/round/255176

I did this inspite of my driver being putrid (longest drive was 225 and the other five under 200.  I'm not sure what I'm doing as the ball is going low, not very far, and tracking to the left.  On the drive home from the course, I got my Evolvr video response so I have some things to work on which is good.  I'm playing tomorrow and if I don't get my driver situation fixed tomorrow, then I'm going to ask @colin007 to videotape my driver swing and submit that to my Evolvr instructor and see what my instructor says.

I'm pretty pumped about shooting under 50, even more pumped about over 45 and I know it's an easy course (32.4/105) but it's an accomplishment so I'm happy  The only downside is that we're not technically in season over here so I can't post it for my HC.

Anyway, here's the scorecard:

Congrats! You shot the last 7 holes in just 5 over par. Well done.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Congrats! You shot the last 7 holes in just 5 over par. Well done.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm even more excited about it because my driver wasn't working, I'm still pull hooking my irons, but I planned accordingly for the way I was hitting my irons.  Add that to my short game being pretty good and my putting being fair made it a good round.

Christian

I shot my lowest 9 ever - a 44!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/RFKFREAK/round/255176

Nice Job!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Windy weather conditions didn't allow for great scoring but put up a better back 9 than front 9.

I started to get a handle on my driver swing a bit but I'm still pulling and hooking the ball some.

Somewhat frustrated on holes 5-7.  It was cold and by the 11th hole I was sick of the wind.

Hit my 5I and 6I well, though.  Except for one time where I hit my 5W well, my woods off the deck and tee were pretty miserable. @colin007 was nice enough to record a video of my using my 3W on the 3rd hole off the tee and, have to say, it looks a lot more miserable than I would have expected.  Falling backwards didn't help.  I'm thinking I might submit this swing to Evolvr to see about what I can do to transition my iron swing to the swing I'd use with my woods:

That said, still shot under 100, (97) in real windy conditions, where I was surprised I only lost 2 balls, at a 67.7/110 course, I'll take it.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/RFKFREAK/round/257105

Christian

87 goal vs 97?  You need to be more predictable than that :no: .  But it seems you are lowering your HI rapidly.

Your swing looks damn good for a golfer with 30 HI.   I predict your HI will dip below 20 in

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Swing looks good to me, my friend. Maybe work on more weight forward?  I can't tell how much your hip turn is, but it looks centered. Nice! I think it's a good impact position (inline arm/shaft, steady head), but perhaps your hips could be more forward with more axis tilt?

I'm no expert! YMMV.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

87 goal vs 97?  You need to be more predictable than that .  But it seems you are lowering your HI rapidly.

Your swing looks damn good for a golfer with 30 HI.   I predict your HI will dip below 20 in

Yeah, the swing isn't one that resembles a 30 cap. The potential is definitely there.

So, in other words, I suck so hard because of my ball striking, putting, short game, and because of how I think about attack a hole.  Got it. :-$

In all seriousness, though, thanks, guys.  It's nice to see my swing evolve and getting better. :-)

Swing looks good to me, my friend. Maybe work on more weight forward?  I can't tell how much your hip turn is, but it looks centered. Nice! I think it's a good impact position (inline arm/shaft, steady head), but perhaps your hips could be more forward with more axis tilt?

I'm no expert! YMMV.

Yeah, @billchao and @boogielicious in my swing thread thought that my stance was too wide and that perhaps my ball placement could be back a little.  I think I'm going to spend some time working on that this week at the range or maybe into my net.

Christian

Christian, check the position of your head and your left hip in relation to the poles and the bench in the background - at address and compared to impact.

Colin P.

Christian, check the position of your head and your left hip in relation to the poles and the bench in the background - at address and compared to impact.

Well, I think I don't have much, if any, weight forward and I move my head slightly back on the backswing because my shoulder crashes into my head.  I had this issue for a while and it had gone away only, apparently, to return.

And I wonder why I can't hit a 3W. :no::doh:

Christian

Well, I think I don't have much, if any, weight forward and I move my head slightly back on the backswing because my shoulder crashes into my head.  I had this issue for a while and it had gone away only, apparently, to return.

And I wonder why I can't hit a 3W.

Well, for my 1000th post, I wanted to thank you for this interesting thread and I hope to see what your progress looks like in person sometime in the near future! Lord knows I've got progress of my own to work towards.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I'm nearly 1000 posts myself. Time flies. For my 1000th, maybe I'll be back and write something incredibly witty that makes everyone want to put their 1000th post in this thread.

My Swing

What's there to do with the 2000th post?   I have 300 more to go.

I follow this thread and Julia's to keep track of their progress.   It's interesting to say the least.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Well, for my 1000th post, I wanted to thank you for this interesting thread and I hope to see what your progress looks like in person sometime in the near future! Lord knows I've got progress of my own to work towards.

Glad you enjoy it!  I should be downstate next weekend if you're around, maybe we can play a round together. :)

I'm nearly 1000 posts myself. Time flies. For my 1000th, maybe I'll be back and write something incredibly witty that makes everyone want to put their 1000th post in this thread.

THAT.WOULD.BE.AWESOME! :beer:

What's there to do with the 2000th post?   I have 300 more to go.

I follow this thread and Julia's to keep track of their progress.   It's interesting to say the least.

I appreciate the support!  Hmm, 300 to go.  Maybe a V-Log?  I'm about 55 or so away from my 2,000th so will have to see what, if anything, I do to commemorate it. ;)

Played 9 after work.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/RFKFREAK/round/261403

First birdie of the year and first time I've put the ball in the hole using something that's not the putter!

This weekend I've been making some solid contact with my irons and today was no difference.  Almost every shot with my irons felt great.  Here's the aforementioned birdie from roughly 160 out that I hit with my 6i where the ball was above my feet:

And now the bad, and boy was there a lot of it.  My short game was atrocious.  I think I hit a pitch on the hosel.  I could not estimate my distances on my pitching and was leaving thing woefully short.  I think it has to do with not really focusing on it recently and being somewhat timid going into those shots.  Along with other things, I might practice it this week.

But the worst was the hooking of my driver and 3W.  I pretty much hooked every single tee shot where I used my driver and 3W.  The only ones I can think of that I didn't hook were on 13 which I pushed, 17 where I drew it on a dog right, and 18 which I made terrible contact and hit it thin.  I'm also hitting low line drives with my driver and 3W which is also concerning me.  I was bombing my driver pretty much straight for most of last year so I think I'm going to have to take a video at the range of myself using my driver and submit it to my Evolvr instructor because I have very little confidence on the tee and am pretty much praying I hit a good shot each time.

I was planning on working out at home after I got home but then I ate dinner, edited my round on GG and, seeing as how it's 10:45, I'm thinking my bed might be calling soon.  To finish off this post, I'm at my lowest weight since I began my weight lose plan and work up at 237.9 today.  Only about 5.5 pounds in the last 30 days which is a bit disheartening as I didn't reach my goal by the stated time frame.  I think I'm going to try and shed these final 12.9 pounds by May 1.  We'll see how it goes!

Christian

Forgot to throw up my scorecard and it was too late to edit my last post so here it is.

1 Birdie

2 Pars

2 Bogeys

2 Double Bogeys

2 Blow up holes.

Christian