IGNORED

ES14 What is it?

Note: This thread is 3326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just recently I had logged into my clubs website and they are advertising some new gadget that is suppose to help measure just about everything from swing, speed, distance, distance carried and spin of ball.  The gadget is called an ES14 from Ernest Sports and is being advertised for over $500.00.  Do any of you know what this is?  I would like to know a little more info especially from those that actually own it. Does it work, is it accurate, is it worth the investment?  All the good stuff info.

I saw the ES12 at the PGA Show a couple years ago and it was very accurate. @david_wedzik and @iacas even bought a couple for the Golf Evolution.

For more on the ES14.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

I already have a zelocity pure contact which simply measures ball speed and gives an estimated yardage based solely on the ball speed. The ES14 measures ball speed and clubhead speed and then an app calculates everything else. So I would think the launch angel and spin guesstimates will only be close if you already have a close to ideal AoA and path. Maybe I'm wrong?

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Just recently I had logged into my clubs website and they are advertising some new gadget that is suppose to help measure just about everything from swing, speed, distance, distance carried and spin of ball.  The gadget is called an ES14 from Ernest Sports and is being advertised for over $500.00.  Do any of you know what this is?  I would like to know a little more info especially from those that actually own it. Does it work, is it accurate, is it worth the investment?  All the good stuff info.

A month ago I was given access to the ES 14 from a friend and have used it at the range about 7 times over the last month.

I find the device easy to use with a smart phone, records all the data. I think the only direct measurement is the ball speed and the club head speed. The spin, launch angle and carry distance and total distance appears to be calculated. Obviously the smash factor is calculated since it is defined as the quotient of the ball speed and the club head speed. The difference between the carry and total distance appears to be trivial as my observations see an absolute number like 9 yards difference for a 5 iron. Or 15 yards difference for a driver. The carry distances seem to be short by 7-10% as determined by laser range finder.

That being said, I found the device very useful in comparing the differences between club or shafts or both.

Bob

WITB

Driver:                         Ping I25 10.5 PWR65 stiff Flex

Fairway Woods:          Ping TiSi Tec 3, 5 and 7 graphite Cushin stiff flex

Irons:                         Pinhawk SL 5-PW 37.25 inches 

Wedges:                     Reid Lockhart 52 and 60 quad bounce, 56 dual bounce 

Putter:                        Boccieri Heavy Putter B3-M (250 gram back weight)

Ball:                            MG C4 / Wilson Duo

Grips:                         Winn DriTac midsize Blue

Note: This thread is 3326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!