IGNORED

OK Mizuno People: Help Me Out

iacas
Note: This thread is 6010 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Altering the CG in a head in no way makes it "flighted".

I understand what he means, and yes, it can. Low CG in the long irons leads to a higher launch than the loft would otherwise indicate and a higher CG in the higher lofted clubs leads to a lower launch than otherwise...

You will end up spending alot of money to get a Mizuno set with PFX because they need to be custom built. By custom built I dont mean buy the irons and just replace the shafts with PXF. You need to go to a facility where they get PXF blanks. This way they can build your irons to the exact flex and swingweight you like. This can cost alot though..... more than most are willing to pay.

Everardo was going to do them for me. Yeah, perhaps a bit more expensive, but I'd know they were just about perfect, and good players - as you know - don't like to be limited by their equipment.

Now I'm beginning to think that Project X might not be a good shaft to install on. Perhaps it's better to stick with Dynamic Gold, iacas?

Not a chance. I think a +/- 0.1 tolerance is fine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I understand what he means, and yes, it can. Low CG in the long irons leads to a higher launch than the loft would otherwise indicate and a higher CG in the higher lofted clubs leads to a lower launch than otherwise...

what don't you like about Dynamic gold? Is it just that it doesn't fit you personally, or you just think the quality is cheap, poorly made, too expensive, etc?

• Administrator
what don't you like about Dynamic gold? Is it just that it doesn't fit you personally, or you just think the quality is cheap, poorly made, too expensive, etc?

I played DG S300 for years. Virtually all of my golfing career... until last year when I got the RAC MB TPs with Rifle Flighted 6.0 shafts.

I don't dislike them - I just currently think I might like the Royal Precision offerings a little more. Even if the performance was dead even, I'd like the Rifle or PX shafts slightly more because they're stepless.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...
Did you get these clubs yet? I am eyeing up a set similar on eBay, I might need to talk to the Arizona Golf guy, Eduardo?

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

Did you get these clubs yet? I am eyeing up a set similar on eBay, I might need to talk to the Arizona Golf guy, Eduardo?

Everardo

• Administrator

No. Back-order on the Project X shafts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
The irons arrived earlier today. I took them out, looked at them, and put them in a stand bag in my living room.

I'm surprised the project X sticker is just that - a sticker. I guess I thought it was more like painted on the shaft or something.

Having followed this thread for a while, just wanted to say congratulations.

Lord I wish I could hit clubs that look like that.

Driver: FT-3 Tour 10.5, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 75-S
FW: Insight XTD Pro FP400F 14.5, Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ FW Stiff
Hybrids: G10 18 / 21, AWT Stiff
Irons: Steelhead X-14 PS 4-A, DG S300
Wedge: Vokey SM58.12Putter: 35" Studio Design 1.5Ball: B330, Z Star X or AD333, or D2 Feel...

What no signature change? Good luck Erik. Hope the weather holds off or it will be very painful to look at those all winter

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I'm surprised the project X sticker is just that - a sticker. I guess I thought it was more like painted on the shaft or something.

If someone sent me a set of brand new and uncut Project X shafts without the stickers and laser etched writings, I would think they're just plain steel pipes

It makes me wonder why won't PX engraves their logo just like Nippon Shaft do on their shafts. Anyway, this comes a bit too late. Have you tried True Temper Tour Concept shafts, iacas? Two weeks ago a buddy of mine bought new MP-67 and had them reshafted with TT Tour Concept S3. I had the chance to try them at the range and they were sweet. Appearance wise they're in satin matte finish and somehow look like half steel and half graphite - very exotic. Moreover, some guys at another forum implied that TC gives more feel than PX. I've already ordered a set and I can't wait for them to be paired with my MP-60.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

• Administrator
Give us a review once you are able to hit the new clubs.

Sure. Coming right up in a few... months. Say, April 2008?

What no signature change? Good luck Erik. Hope the weather holds off or it will be very painful to look at those all winter

That's the plan. Why would I want to hit them in bad weather?

Note: This thread is 6010 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!