IGNORED

Nickent 3dx irons and other problems

tmoult
Note: This thread is 4139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

the triangular one?

The regular one, not the square one.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I used to slice my old driver, but now I can hit my drives straight as an arrow.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

• 5 years later...

A single club will not fix your slice... true too weak of a flex in a shaft can cause a wider dispersion of your shots, but usually to weak of a flex will cause a snap hook.  Slicing the ball is caused by swing path, coming accross the ball from outside to in, therefore imparting a clockwise spin onto the ball causing it to peel off to the right (if you're a righty).

With that said, some drivers are easier to hit... either due to a larger face/impact area or simply more confidence when looking down at it.  Also, some drivers just go further due to materials being used, weight, etc., etc.

Given your swing speed (there are other contributing factors) you should be fine hitting a driver with a regular flex shaft.

Best bet to fix your slice (I know it helped me) is to video tape yourself and see what you're doing wrong with your swing and if you can afford it go take a lesson or two.

The 3DX Pro are a fine set of irons. Here's a driver with a high end shaft ($275 retail) with mucho forgiveness and less noise than the NIKE at a price anybody can afford. http://thesandtrap.com/t/63293/fs-callaway-ft-iq-tour-9-5-fubuki-tour-63s-x5ct-price-drop

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Note: This thread is 4139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!