IGNORED

Extension/crossover after impact and head going back at impact?

Sandyny
Note: This thread is 3381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello I have2 questions about the crossoverof the hands or forearms and extension of the arms toward the target line after impact, And the head going backwards durng the downswing and at impact the head is behind the ball I would lke to know why these two things occur please becaue both of these things i do not consciously do, and i've never been taught it or thought about it. But when i look at my slow motion swing i do do them And i just want to know why it happens because especially the arms extending seems like a pretty strong move because my arms are really extended but again i don't do it on purpose Oh also last thing what is the reason the left foot spins out after impact versus not? Because again without consciously changing it i used to spin out my left foot and now i don't If anyone can enlighten me i would really appreciate it. I haven't found aything on internet about it just how to do it. Thank you

Hello

I have2 questions about the crossoverof the hands or forearms and extension of the arms toward the target line after impact,

And the head going backwards durng the downswing and at impact the head is behind the ball

I would lke to know why these two things occur please becaue both of these things i do not consciously do, and i've never been taught it or thought about it. But when i look at my slow motion swing i do do them

And i just want to know why it happens because especially the arms extending seems like a pretty strong move because my arms are really extended but again i don't do it on purpose

Oh also last thing what is the reason the left foot spins out after impact versus not? Because again without consciously changing it i used to spin out my left foot and now i don't

If anyone can enlighten me i would really appreciate it. I haven't found aything on internet about it just how to do it.

Thank you

Welcome to the site Sandyny

Is there any specific reason you want to know why the left foot spins out after impact even though you don't do that anymore?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is there any specific reason you want to know why the left foot spins out after impact even though you don't do that anymore? [/quote] Hi, thank you! The left foot was just something i remembered while writing the post. It isn't that important to know especially since like you said i don't do it anymore. just wanted to know what caused it to spin out to know what i'm not doing anymore

the head shouldnt really be moving back at impact.  it should be staying more or less in the same spot it was at address.  it might look like its going back because of the illusion the secondary axis tilt gives, but its not going back.  this happens when the weight is properly moving forward.  the lower center moves forwards while the upper center and head stays in the same spot, behind the ball.  this allows for a shallowing of the angle of attack, allows for more room for the arms to come in on an outward path and to keep extension past impact.  truthfully, once the ball is gone, it doesnt matter what the wrists or forearms do, or how quickly the crossover occurs.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!