IGNORED

It's on!!! Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Yukari
Note: This thread is 3187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who wins?

• Floyd Mayweather
    • Manny Pacquiao

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/boxing/31565130

Quote:
The boxers are set to finally clash at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas on Saturday 2 May.

I've been looking forward to this fight for what seems like ages!

Can't wait!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Who you taking? I didn't realize Pacquiao had 5 losses. I haven't seen either of them fight in the last few years. They are/were both so quick. It always seemed as though no one could lay a glove on Mayweather. Should be good.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
I want Pacquiao to win. Regardless, it will be a great fight.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Its been talked about and speculated for so long that the most entertaining outcome would be a knockout in <30 seconds.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Back when there was first talk of them fighting, I wanted Mayweather to win. Now, I think I would like to see Pacquiao win. I don't think he can pull it off though. Mods, could someone add a poll? 1) who are you rooting for? 2) Who do you think will win?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

No idea who'll win but it'll be one helluva good fight!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I'm on the other side I want a Floyd domination. He's the best fighter I've seen. I'm only 32 but I've watched a ton of old fights on espn classic. If he wins this one hopefully they have a rematch and he wins #2. That way he'd be 49-0 with a chance to break Marciano's record. The problem is if he does beat Manny twice who could he even fight for #50?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/boxing/31565130

I've been looking forward to this fight for what seems like ages!

Can't wait!

This fight should have happened 6 years ago...I'm pulling for Many, only because Floyd is  a jerk.

This fight should have happened 6 years ago...

I don't think that even matters they both have lost a step or two. If your a fan of the sport you will be happy they are fighting. It will either solidify Mayweathers claim as one of the GOATs or that he was scared of Manny for a good reason.

This fight should have happened 6 years ago...I'm pulling for Many, only because Floyd is  a jerk.

He may be a jerk but he's as close to a perfect fighter as the sport has seen.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I don't think that even matters they both have lost a step or two. If your a fan of the sport you will be happy they are fighting. It will either solidify Mayweathers claim as one of the GOATs or that he was scared of Manny for a good reason.

Oh I am, and have been a fan for more than 45 years. Many called Floyd out years ago, and Floyd just made excuses for not fighting, I hope Many whips him good.

He may be a jerk but he's as close to a perfect fighter as the sport has seen.

Yup, and he's still a jerk, that likes to hit girls, and run his mouth, only because he's got so dang much money. I'll stop here, I could go on and on, but I'll spare all ya's the grief.. :-D

Oh I am, and have been a fan for more than 45 years. Many called Floyd out years ago, and Floyd just made excuses for not fighting, I hope Many whips him good.

If you really think Manny called out Floyd years ago and Floyd made excuses you don't pay that close attention. Top Rank has been in the way of this fight for years not either fighter. I'll stop there as well.

Yup, and he's still a jerk, that likes to hit girls, and run his mouth, only because he's got so dang much money. I'll stop here, I could go on and on, but I'll spare all ya's the grief..

If you really think Manny called out Floyd years ago and Floyd made excuses you don't pay that close attention. Top Rank has been in the way of this fight for years not either fighter. I'll stop there as well.

Why stop??

Thats why we have threads like this.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Why stop?? Thats why we have threads like this.

It's to much of a he said he said to even get into. The fight is all that matters both guys are past their primes but still entertaining to watch. If Manny is going to win (which I think he has a good chance to do) he will have to get to Floyd early. I've watched almost every Mayweather fight and by the 4th or 5th round he seems to have his opponents figured out. Then he just picks them apart for an easy decision win.

It's to much of a he said he said to even get into. The fight is all that matters both guys are past their primes but still entertaining to watch. If Manny is going to win (which I think he has a good chance to do) he will have to get to Floyd early. I've watched almost every Mayweather fight and by the 4th or 5th round he seems to have his opponents figured out. Then he just picks them apart for an easy decision win.

One last comment. I agree there a bunch of, he said, stuff. But, I have talked with 2 what you could consider , insiders, that told me, F.M. didn't want M.P. about 5 yrs ago. Because of Many's aggressive and non stop fighting style. And yep, Top Rank didn't help matters either.

I will say this, early in his career I was a big fan of F.M..his out of the ring antic's, changed my mind. Granted, everyone makes mistakes, F.M. keeps on making them.

One last comment. I agree there a bunch of, he said, stuff. But, I have talked with 2 what you could consider , insiders, that told me, F.M. didn't want M.P. about 5 yrs ago. Because of Many's aggressive and non stop fighting style. And yep, Top Rank didn't help matters either. I will say this, early in his career I was a big fan of F.M..his out of the ring antic's, changed my mind. Granted, everyone makes mistakes, F.M. keeps on making them.

I like watching Floyd but yeah he's got some serious issues outside of boxing. I have read in a bunch of places that Floyd said the day he got out of his top rank contact that he would never help make Bob Arum make another dollar. So like I said it's all who you wanna believe. I don't think Floyd is or ever was afraid of Manny. It's a business and at this point Manny had to agree to all of Floyds demands. He did they are fighting.

• Upvote 1

I like watching Floyd but yeah he's got some serious issues outside of boxing. I have read in a bunch of places that Floyd said the day he got out of his top rank contact that he would never help make Bob Arum make another dollar. So like I said it's all who you wanna believe. I don't think Floyd is or ever was afraid of Manny. It's a business and at this point Manny had to agree to all of Floyds demands. He did they are fighting.

I don't think  Floyd was, or is afraid of Many either, what I "think" is that he may have thought that Many's style was not a good match up for him, and others have said the same, whether you want to believe that, is up to you, as you said, it's a business, and it's mostly about making money. On a side note, If they had fought say 5 or 6 yrs ago, they would have never come close to earning what they will in the upcoming fight, so it's kind like, they were counting on this Big payday as a installment for their retirement... :-D

Note: This thread is 3187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!