IGNORED

Game for iPad for course management?

loki16
Note: This thread is 3091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all. I'm looking for a good game I can play on an iPad that will help me think about course management.mhave tried a few but most seem to be simply a game, rather than anything that might help train. Currently trying WGT but feel there must be better out there. Thanks.

Hi all. I'm looking for a good game I can play on an iPad that will help me think about course management.mhave tried a few but most seem to be simply a game, rather than anything that might help train.

Currently trying WGT but feel there must be better out there.

Thanks.

No video game can really help much with course management or any aspect of golf for that matter. It is just way too easy compared to actual golf, no reason to not shoot at every pin and make 18 birdies.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 7 months later...

I'm looking for a decent golf game to help me develop my course management skills. I have tried a few but they seem to be more about pure entertainment and selling you new clubs, just like the real thing.

The best I've found so far is WGT which works well on an iPad. Does anyone else have any recommendations?

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I like how he changed the title to computer game instead of ipad game ;)

Go buy the book "Lowest Score Wins". Just it's stuff on game management is worth the price of the book. That is only 1/3rd of the book. :) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'll second LSW, but for entertainment value if you can find a copy of Tiger Woods 2013 for PC get it. Create a golfer with approximately distance levels and crank back the other skill levels and don't take the skill level ups. Play the different courses with your golfer. You'll suck. Learn how to play the game first before you do this. I think the biggest problem with these games is the lack of 3D because I have trouble with the 2D representation of the course and figuring out exactly where the ball is going to go whereas I don't on the golf course. Hence "Tiger Vision".

Still when you play in real life you still have to be able to hit the ball consistently enough to get it there.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Note: This thread is 3091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!