IGNORED

2015 NFL Football Thread

phan52
Note: This thread is 2992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, Bradford survived this cheap shot from Suggs, right on his repaired knee. Stay healthy, dude!

Cheap maybe, but above the knee is legal.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by phan52

Well, Bradford survived this cheap shot from Suggs, right on his repaired knee. Stay healthy, dude!

Originally Posted by saevel25

I didn't see the play to call it dirty or not. I don't think a snap shot fully gives a complete image of the play. Who knows, he might have been shoved in the back by an O-lineman, or maybe he tripped.

Nope. Nobody near them. It was a draw play and Suggs tried to argue that it was a read-option and his responsibility was the QB. Either way, if you hit a QB in the backfield at the knees, it will be a penalty. Thankfully, nothing happened to Bradford. He took a couple of hits in the game and came out fine and if he stays healthy, watch out. Way better than Foles, and he will also have an awesome running game to keep defenses on their toes.

Bill M

IMO, Richie Incognito was the victim in the whole Miami scandal.  He was victimized by an overgrown sissy who, if he truly didn't like what was going on (and that's not at all evident in the text messages between them that were released to the media), didn't have the balls to tell Incognito to knock it off.  And Jonathan Martin has since "retired" from the NFL after two years because he couldn't hack it.  There's no such thing as "bullying" between two full grown 300+ pound men who are NFL players.  The stuff that was going on in the Miami locker room was not unique in any way and you can't tell me it doesn't go on in virtually every other NFL (and college, and high school) locker room.  Not saying Incognito is an angel by any means, but the whole thing was grossly blown out of proportion and he got screwed in the deal.  I'm glad to see that Buffalo gave him a second chance.

https://twitter.com/J_Martin71/status/636462370739589124/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac62

IMO, Richie Incognito was the victim in the whole Miami scandal.  He was victimized by an overgrown sissy who, if he truly didn't like what was going on (and that's not at all evident in the text messages between them that were released to the media), didn't have the balls to tell Incognito to knock it off.  And Jonathan Martin has since "retired" from the NFL after two years because he couldn't hack it.  There's no such thing as "bullying" between two full grown 300+ pound men who are NFL players.  The stuff that was going on in the Miami locker room was not unique in any way and you can't tell me it doesn't go on in virtually every other NFL (and college, and high school) locker room.  Not saying Incognito is an angel by any means, but the whole thing was grossly blown out of proportion and he got screwed in the deal.  I'm glad to see that Buffalo gave him a second chance.

https://twitter.com/J_Martin71/status/636462370739589124/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Pretty much affirms exactly what I said in the second sentence of my post.

Boo hoo.  I grew up rich and privileged, was raised as a gentle soul, was naturally talented at a game where I could have made millions and couldn't handle it.  I created a "baller" image, but couldn't deal with a big, mean poopy-head calling me names.  Cry me a river.

@saevel25 , I know what bullying is.  I grew up in an era where it was ignored, if not outright condoned, and I endured plenty of it as a child. Plenty of it.  So did lots of other kids.  I'm not talking about big, mean poopy-heads calling you names, I'm talking about getting your ass kicked - sometimes by multiple people at once. While they called you names.  There was nobody to cry to back then - your parents just told you to 'toughen up' and God help you if you snitched on the bullies to school authorities.  You learned how to deal with it, got stronger and went about your life.  I still say that what goes on in an NFL locker room between two mountains of grown men is not bullying, and to call it that cheapens the plight of people who genuinely experience bullying.  It's become one of those over-used "catch all" phrases and just as in the fable of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", sooner or later people stop listening.  I don't condone bullying in any way, shape or form, but sometimes things need to be called what they really are - and in the particular case of Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito, it's affixing a 'PC' label to something that isn't what they're making it out to be.

As far as I can tell, Incognito never laid a finger on Martin.  He told off-color jokes, called him some inappropriate names (which are pretty common amongst football players), and was generally a vulgar, politically incorrect guy.  In fact, he took Martin out drinking with him, got him laid and from all accounts, it looks like they had a pretty good time together (has anybody else read all the text messages exchanged back and forth between them that were released through the press?  I read every one of them).  More recently, Geno Smith got popped in the mouth by another player trying to collect money from him in the locker room and had his jaw broken.  I haven't heard anybody speak out about "bullying" yet regarding that incident.  Or how about Dez Bryant jawing and throwing blows at Tyler Patmon during training camp, trying to intimidate the new guy?  That's not bullying?  Seems to me that there's a little inconsistency in how the label is being applied.  I could postulate as to why, but I won't.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Quote:

I don't know what that is suppose to prove.  To me it reads like an emotionally fragile person could not handle the life he built for himself.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

I don't know what that is suppose to prove.  To me it reads like an emotionally fragile person could not handle the life he built for himself.

You summed it up a lot more succinctly than I did! :-D

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I think the injury to Jordy is going to hurt the packers a lot this year. They have Cobb and a whole bunch of unproven wide outs. I still think they have a chance to get to the NFC championship game but Superbowl is doubtful. Also having 3/5 of the O-line out 2 weeks before the start of the regular season doesn't bode well for Aarons chances of getting through the season healthy.

As Brady has shown, an elite QB can make some average receivers look great. Rogers will have no issue's making the others look great.

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

As Brady has shown, an elite QB can make some average receivers look great. Rogers will have no issue's making the others look great.

I think he will make them look fine. The problem is its Superbowl or bust here. After the Seattle meltdown everyone is expecting this to be GB'S year

I think he will make them look fine. The problem is its Superbowl or bust here. After the Seattle meltdown everyone is expecting this to be GB'S year

You wish. ;)

You wish. ;)

I do. That being said I'm probably the only realist in Wisconsin who know how much losing Jordy is going to hurt.

[quote name="Duff McGee" url="/t/80501/2015-nfl-football-thread/330#post_1191490"] You wish. ;)

I do. That being said I'm probably the only realist in Wisconsin who know how much losing Jordy is going to hurt.[/quote] He is an excellent receiver, but Rogers is even a better QB. I would worry more about GB's defense than offense.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

He is an excellent receiver, but Rogers is even a better QB. I would worry more about GB's defense than offense.

The defense was good the last half of the regular season and did more than enough vs Seattle. I'm worried about rodgers losing the guy who led the team in targets,receptions, yards, and td's. It's also what they have behind him. Cobb is solid after him you have a 2nd year guy in Adams who's now the #1 outside threat. What I'm hearing is the rookie Montgomery is going to be the guy opposite Adams when they go 3 wide (which is all the time). After that you have a 2nd year guy Janis who rodgers doesn't trust that's why he didn't see much playing time last year. Their starting TE is in his 2nd year as well. I'm not saying the season is lost or anything like that but this is a really big deal IMO. They just lack depth behind Jordy and Cobb.

I do. That being said I'm probably the only realist in Wisconsin who know how much losing Jordy is going to hurt.

Defense will suck..

Bill M

You clearly don't have any idea the relationship between a bully and their prey. In most cases the prey never stand up due to the fear of what might come if they do. Especially when that person has the backing of other people, or looks or actually has a leadership position on a team.

Your assertion there is no such thing as bullying between people of equal size is total ignorance. There can be bullying at any level. There are instances where women prey on men. It totally depends on the mentality of the person who is being bullied.

Honestly it's your type of thinking that perpetuates the bullying problem in America. Tell your opinions to the family that is suffering from their kid committing suicide because he was bullied. Bullying should never be condoned at any age against any person.

I didn't see the play to call it dirty or not. I don't think a snap shot fully gives a complete image of the play. Who knows, he might have been shoved in the back by an O-lineman, or maybe he tripped.

I'm guessing you didn't play H.S. or college football if you think Incognito is the only guy in football that hazed a rookie.  Martin called Incognito a friend and socialized with him. @Mac62 nito was a dumb, politically incorrect ass but they're the majority on a football team.

Incognito claimed he was told by the coaches to toughen Martin up and I believe that as I've witnessed such things personally playing football.  If you watch hard knocks, you'll see that coaches will tell veterans to get on guys that aren't cutting it.  Martin was a big guy who got through college football based on his size and athleticism, that's not enough to make it in the NFL.  The coaches felt Martin had potential but he had to be tougher and more aggressive, turns out they were right.

Joe Paradiso

I'm guessing you didn't play H.S. or college football if you think Incognito is the only guy in football that hazed a rookie.  Martin called Incognito a friend and socialized with him.  @Mac62 is right, Incognito was a dumb, politically incorrect ass but they're the majority on a football team.

Incognito claimed he was told by the coaches to toughen Martin up and I believe that as I've witnessed such things personally playing football.  If you watch hard knocks, you'll see that coaches will tell veterans to get on guys that aren't cutting it.  Martin was a big guy who got through college football based on his size and athleticism, that's not enough to make it in the NFL.  The coaches felt Martin had potential but he had to be tougher and more aggressive, turns out they were right.

The primary problem is that not all people get motivated the same way. You just can't scream, bully, harass a player and think it works for everyone. Just because they don't respond the same doesn't mean they are not going to cut it either.  In the end you can take an amazing talent, who could possible be a dominant player under the right motivation. Just not the ignorant coaching style some coaches think works. To think just because they didn't get motivated from negative motivation means they are not mentally tough is BS.

Proper coaching takes both the stick and the carrot motivation methods. Good play needs to be rewarded, and poor play doesn't. In no way does poor play mean you need to get your leaders on the team to bully the player. Good teams form good positive relationships between the players.

Look at Miami's record over the past decade. They are a sub-500 team. Clearly their methods are not working.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 2992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!