IGNORED

2015 NFL Football Thread

phan52
Note: This thread is 2984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Macklin is gone. Heading to KC

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

The Eagles will sign Frank Gore to replace McCoy (at less than half the cost) and will get a huge upgrade at CB with Byron Maxwell. They'll need him with Bryant, Beckham and Jackson in the division. They still need to get Maclin inked. Without him the WR position is ridiculously thin.

Gore is a tough guy by any standards, can take it up the middle with some speed on the edge if he needs it.. But really?? I consider this a huge down grade IMO.. When McCoy is on the field you have to plan for him, when Gore is on the field not so much, especially in terms of play making. [quote name="jmanbooyaa" url="/t/80501/2015-nfl-football-thread/10_10#post_1113095"]Macklin is gone . Heading to KC[/quote] And so is the Eagles 2015 season.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Eagles will sign Frank Gore to replace McCoy (at less than half the cost) and will get a huge upgrade at CB with Byron Maxwell. They'll need him with Bryant, Beckham and Jackson in the division. They still need to get Maclin inked. Without him the WR position is ridiculously thin.

Well, Gore went elsewhere and Maclin is with his old coach Andy Reid. Now the Eagles trade Nick Foles and some future draft picks for and expensive gimp in Sam Bradford. This is a disaster. Chip Kelly is not a popular person in Philadelphia today.

Bill M

I am not an Eagles fan and feel a lot of Eagle fans may feel the same as me. Wtf did you bring Bradford in

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Huge upgrade in terms of contract, maybe. Paid an insane price.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Huge upgrade in terms of contract, maybe. Paid an insane price.

Huge upgrade in talent as well. Cary Williams and Brandon Fletcher were the worst CB tandem in the NFL last season.

Getting Maxwell is the only good thing that happened for the Eagles today.

Bill M

Huge upgrade in talent as well. Cary Williams and Brandon Fletcher were the worst CB tandem in the NFL last season.

Right, so you could upgrade over those guys substantially without guaranteeing $25 million to a guy who has never not played alongside Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, and Kam Chancellor.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Right, so you could upgrade over those guys substantially without guaranteeing $25 million to a guy who has never not played alongside Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, and Kam Chancellor.

Agreed.. but I don't know who is making dumber decisions the Eagles or the Jets??  What is with these teams giving insane amount of money to CBs?  Is that really what's going to drive their team towards the SB?

I'm just confused as to who is giving these guys a long leash on their check books.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

Kind of like the Revis contract.  Love Revis, but $39MM guaranteed for a 30 year old corner is not a good plan for the future.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Agreed.. but I don't know who is making dumber decisions the Eagles or the Jets??  What is with these teams giving insane amount of money to CBs?  Is that really what's going to drive their team towards the SB?

I'm just confused as to who is giving these guys a long leash on their check books.

I think this is like going to another country with different currency.  Between the increase in the basic CAP AND the mandate that teams have to spend at least 89% of the CAP a lot of CAP space is flooding the market and that means that values change.  What was an outrageous amount a year or two ago is the new normal.

On a separate note, NFL network folks just commented that Suh has still not actually signed that contract with the Dolphins.  I wonder (as did they) whether something is going on there.  If, as reported, they reached agreement, why wouldn't he have signed?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

The Eagles signed two middling free agent CB's when they first hired Chip Kelly and they were a complete bust. THAT was the mistake. They have plenty of money under the cap and signing Maxwell was one of the better signings in the entire league, considering the need. Even Thurmond is better than what they had. With the addition of Maxwell, Alonso and Thurmond the Eagles defense is greatly improved. The offense is the worry now, but Chip just said today that he is all in with Bradford. He knows better than me. If Bradford plays, that is certainly an upgrade over both Foles and Sanchez. The question is, will he play and for how long?

The Eagles tried to sign McCourty and offered Maclin a lot of money as well, so they still have plenty of money under the cap. They're not done. and the cap goes up another $10 million next year so they will be able to extend some of their good young players who will be due.

I get it. You're a Giants fan so you have to HOPE the Eagles fail. At least I KNOW the Giants stink. :-P

Bill M

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamo

The Eagles signed two middling free agent CB's when they first hired Chip Kelly and they were a complete bust. THAT was the mistake. They have plenty of money under the cap and signing Maxwell was one of the better signings in the entire league, considering the need. Even Thurmond is better than what they had. With the addition of Maxwell, Alonso and Thurmond the Eagles defense is greatly improved. The offense is the worry now, but Chip just said today that he is all in with Bradford. He knows better than me. If Bradford plays, that is certainly an upgrade over both Foles and Sanchez. The question is, will he play and for how long?

The Eagles tried to sign McCourty and offered Maclin a lot of money as well, so they still have plenty of money under the cap. They're not done. and the cap goes up another $10 million next year so they will be able to extend some of their good young players who will be due.

I get it. You're a Giants fan so you have to HOPE the Eagles fail. At least I KNOW the Giants stink.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/11/philadelphia-eagles-sam-bradford-trade-chip-kelly

Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly said the Eagles were offered a first-round draft pick for quarterback Sam Bradford.

Bradford was traded to Philadelphia for quarterback Nick Foles ​and draft-pick compensation on Tuesday.

• Chip Kelly: Talk of Eagles trading up in draft for Marcus Mariota 'crazy'

The former No. 1 pick sat out all of last season after tearing his ACL in a preseason game in August. Last month, Rams coach Jeff Fisher said Bradford was ahead of schedule on his rehabilitation.

You think this is just a smokescreen from Kelly?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/11/philadelphia-eagles-sam-bradford-trade-chip-kelly

Nope

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:

Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly said the Eagles were offered a first-round draft pick for quarterback Sam Bradford.

Bradford was traded to Philadelphia for quarterback Nick Foles ​and draft-pick compensation on Tuesday.

• Chip Kelly: Talk of Eagles trading up in draft for Marcus Mariota 'crazy'

The former No. 1 pick sat out all of last season after tearing his ACL in a preseason game in August. Last month, Rams coach Jeff Fisher said Bradford was ahead of schedule on his rehabilitation.

Yes I do. I don't think he will do anything "crazy" but there is no question that he covets Mariota and has not given up trying to find a way. That said, Kelly probably believes he can win with Bradford if he can stay on the field so it's not a bad backup plan. Kelly never gave Foles a vote of confidence, even when he played great in 2013.

Bill M

Chip is taking some heat for from Steven A for having a racial bias, which means it's just a matter of time before he's fired.  I think the moves he's made are the kind that define a career.  If he takes the Eagles to the playoffs he's a genius if he doesn't then he's going to take a lot of heat.  Maclin and McCoy are Top 10 at their position, unless Kelly gets Murray and Thomas (Broncos) to replace them, they will be downgraded at those positions.

As for the Jets, Revis was a no brainer.  We needed a shut down corner and they paid the going rate for a top 5 CB.  I'm not as excited about Marshall given his personality issues at Miami and Chicago but hopefully Bowles can control him.  Now we just need a QB to throw to Decker and Marshall.

Joe Paradiso

All I'm saying is that it's a gamble. Maxwell could turn out to be a very good player for the Eagles, but they've guaranteed an awful lot of money to a guy who hasn't really proven much on his own. [quote name="phan52" url="/t/80501/2015-nfl-football-thread/0_30#post_1114354"]I get it. You're a Giants fan so you have to HOPE the Eagles fail. At least I KNOW the Giants stink.:-P [/quote] You can criticize me, call me stupid, whatever you want, but I will NOT stand for this! Giants fan???

In my bag:

• Administrator
I get it. You're a Giants fan so you have to HOPE the Eagles fail. At least I KNOW the Giants stink.

@phan52 , you fail at paying attention.

What's with all of the early retirements? Players becoming more and more cautious about the long-term effects of playing football for a living?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm the Giants fan.  I don't have to hope they fail, they do that just fine on their own.  As to the Giants stinking, yes they did last year.  Every team in the NFC east goes through periods of stinking and every team in the NFC east goes through periods where they win Super Bowls.  Well almost all NFC east teams.  LOL

And oh, BTW, nice trophy case:

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 2984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!