IGNORED

2015 NFL Football Thread

phan52
Note: This thread is 2988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They should have thrown a flag and after consultation decided to pick it up if was not a penalty.    One of them had to see the Seahawk punch the ball out of the back of the end zone, so I'm guessing they didn't throw a flag because they didn't know they should have thrown one. 

Makes you wonder what else they don't know, doesn't it?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Makes you wonder what else they don't know, doesn't it?

Exactly, Rich Gannon on NFL Radio seems to think that most officials are fairly ignorant about the more obscure rules of the game.  The back judge stated he didn't think the punch out was intentional (he needs glasses if this is true) but I think he's lying and didn't know that it was a penalty to knock the ball out of the end zone. 

Joe Paradiso

GREG HARDY IS A DUMB A$$!!!!!!  Out for Domestic Violence suspended four games (supposedly threw gf on couch with weapons- among other allegations).

When questioned today about his incident - He at one point said he is ready to come out "guns a blazin"..

He went on to say he voted for players for the pro bowl based on how hot their wives were.

He said he was ready to play Brady because his wife is hot and he hopes she comes to the game and brings all her friends....

I only saw a portion of the questions on CNN, so maybe I took it out of...... wait, how can you put any of that in an acceptable context lol? 

This guy :doh:       

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Wow, the Cowboys really are "Americas Team:" http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/which-nfl-team-are-you-stuck-watching-every-sunday/

Between 2009 and 2014, every Nielsen market in the U.S. saw at least an average of nine of the Cowboys’ 16 games each season, by far the most in the league. Just about the only time the Cowboys aren’t dominating the airwaves is during bye weeks like this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Philly improved but Dal will run away with the division. Defense much improved as is the O line. They will miss Murray but I think the D improvement more than compensates for that. Should be fun.

Damn, Philly is a terrible football team. Dallas missing their top QB, top CB, top WR, top pass rusher, and 4th best O-lineman, and still dominated them today. Unbelievable game. Did someone here say Dallas wouldn't run away with the NFL East?

QFT.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

QFT.

Nice that you conveniently omitted my post around the same time that predicted a last place finish if Romo went down.  Glad  I'm on your mind tho, must've taken some time to review my posts over the past few months.  ;-)

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

• 3 weeks later...

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/11/joe-thomas-cleveland-browns-nfl-offensive-line-play-film-study

A cool article on how the offensive lineman go about blocking. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Very satisfying to beat Dallas and that POS Greg Hardy. But it should never take overtime to beat a team with Matt Cassell at QB.

• Upvote 1

Bill M

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2015, 10:31:26, turtleback said:

Ahhh, the one stress-free Sunday of the season.

My Giants are on Bye.

And picked up ground on their 2 biggest rivals.  If only the Dolphins had driven the wooden stake into the Cowboys' heart.  Oh well, they have Carolina coming up and Caroline looks very very tough this year.  

If Detroit and Carolina come through it could be  very nice T-giving for Giants fans, particularly if we can beat the Redskins on Sunday.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Carolina is stupid good, by far the best team in the NFC, I don't see them going undefeated... Nor do I see the Patriots going undefeated... They are good but, they aren't going undefeated.

Pittsburgh has been a mixed bag this year, looking really good at times, and looking like rubbish at other... The scary thing is the middle of the AFC is mediocre at best.... A split the last 6 games probably will be good enough for a wild card berth.  

Elsewhere, Though the Vikings lost to the Packers, they have been in my opinion the biggest pleasant surprise this year. And though Oakland is 4-5 they are not the laughingstock that they have been. They will be a force in the next few years.

Erik probably thinks we need to get rid of Dr. Forman (Mike Tomlin)... Riddle me this though, Erik, name the only other active coach with at least 5 seasons with their current team to not have a losing season.

Even with the injury bug, Mike Tomlin will most likely extend that streak to 9 consecutive years... I'd hate to be Indy wildcard weekend.

Edited by onthehunt526
Added text

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

Erik probably thinks we need to get rid of Dr. Forman (Mike Tomlin)... Riddle me this though, Erik, name the only other active coach with at least 5 seasons with their current team to not have a losing season.

Even with the injury bug, Mike Tomlin will most likely extend that streak to 9 consecutive years... I'd hate to be Indy wildcard weekend.

Kind of beside the point. We don't know what other coaches would have gotten out of the squads they'd have assembled in Pittsburgh. The Steelers have had Ben Roethlisberger the whole time, which goes a long way toward helping them win. Riddle me this, since you think this matters: name another coach who has gone 1-11 against teams under .200 on the road in the last decade or so?

But, I've softened slightly on my stance: Mike Tomlin, because if you fire him, you've got to replace him with someone, and I haven't got a clue who that might be. I don't have much faith in NFL coaches on any team.

I also don't watch the NFL much at all. When I do watch a Steelers game, I'll do it in about an hour later that evening skipping most of the crap.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I hate the Patriots but the refs really blew that call with the inadvertent whistle on Brady's pass to Amendola and running the clock down on the final play when Watkins was clearly trying to get out of bounds.

The NFL is competitive enough without the refs messing up.  This year seems to be a really bad year for referees and injuries.

Joe Paradiso

Wooo.... new CBS logo to debut Superbowl week. Verrrry corporate.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Ok, ok... so I am probably the only one here, but the disaster of a game in Cleveland las night against the Ravens was just another "here we go again" moment.

image.jpeg

Dave

According to the Sport Science guys the field goal wouldn't have cleared the goal post anyways. In the end it would have went to overtime :) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

According to the Sport Science guys the field goal wouldn't have cleared the goal post anyways. In the end it would have went to overtime :) 

True... its hard to live as an ex-Clevelander in Cincinnati.... I am sooooo tired of Who-Dey (arg)

Dave

Note: This thread is 2988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!