IGNORED

Sketchers commercials with Matt Kuchar

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm sorry you guys are so angry at a message forum.  it's only a message board.  I was just expressing how I felt about the matter.

Continually without end.  Please move on.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I'm sorry you guys are so angry at a message forum.  it's only a message board.  I was just expressing how I felt about the matter.

We're just shaking our heads at you.

The only angry person here is you, and what's worse, it's about something that's decades old.

Move on or be restricted from the thread, please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Angry?

I think you're hilarious, you given me much mirth. I'm sure it'll start to wear thin if you don't have any more material, but for now I'm really enjoying laughing at you.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Angry?

I think you're hilarious, you given me much mirth. I'm sure it'll start to wear thin if you don't have any more material, but for now I'm really enjoying laughing at you.

I saw the Kuchar TV commercial thread and it was like a David Banner reaction.  Sometimes I can't control myself when it comes to the Kuchar thing.  I'm very passionate about golf and especially the Masters. It's got nothing to do with my folks.

For example:

My folks like Progresso Soups - I can't stand that brand.

Just an FYI:

These Sketchers from TV will be available at the “BIG BOX” retailers but not at the following quality "SMALL" retailers:

Austad’s

Sugar Tree Golf Shop

Chuck Pratt’s World of Sports

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Angry?

I saw the Kuchar TV commercial thread and it was like a David Banner reaction.  Sometimes I can't control myself when it comes to the Kuchar thing.  I'm very passionate about golf and especially the Masters. It's got nothing to do with my folks.

For example:

Just an FYI:

These Sketchers from TV will be available at the “BIG BOX” retailers but not at the following quality "SMALL" retailers:

Austad’s

Sugar Tree Golf Shop

WHAT?????

Your parents like Progresso soups? Screw them!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

For example:

Just an FYI:

Austad’s

Sugar Tree Golf Shop

True story: These retailers are so small that if you Google "Chuck Pratt's World of Sports," THIS THREAD is the 3rd result. You're again upset over absolutely nothing.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

According to this poll, Kucher is tied 3rd best "Good Guy" on tour.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/2013-09/top-30-good-guys-on-tour#slide=1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Just an FYI:

Austad’s

Sugar Tree Golf Shop

Guess how long Skechers has been in the golf shoe industry, the past year or so.

I wear Truelinks. Truelinks are much more well known to golfers and PGA Tour players than Skecher in terms of golf shoes. My dad went to a local golf store and asked if they sold Truelinks and the owner asked him to show him what they were. They actually looked them up online. The guy had no clue that there was a brand called Truelinks for golf shoes.

So here is the thing. Unless the small retailers reach out to the shoe companies to make a contract to sell the shoes they will not offer them then you probably will not see the lesser known brands in the small stores. Skechers might be a known brand for sneakers. They are not a big name in the golf shoe industry.

If you want to blame someone, blame your local golf store for being complacent. It isn't the shoe companies responsibility to seek out every small local store to sell their goods.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Back on topic folks.  This is a thread about a humorous commercial.

Scott

My Swing Thread

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/2013-09/top-30-good-guys-on-tour#slide=1

Just perused the article, why in Sam Hell is he wearing an eye patch?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Just perused the article, why in Sam Hell is he wearing an eye patch?

Obviously it was "Be a Pirate Day" at the course.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Guess how long Skechers has been in the golf shoe industry, the past year or so.  I wear Truelinks. Truelinks are much more well known to golfers and PGA Tour players than Skecher in terms of golf shoes. My dad went to a local golf store and asked if they sold Truelinks and the owner asked him to show him what they were. They actually looked them up online. The guy had no clue that there was a brand called Truelinks for golf shoes.  So here is the thing. Unless the small retailers reach out to the shoe companies to make a contract to sell the shoes they will not offer them then you probably will not see the lesser known brands in the small stores. Skechers might be a known brand for sneakers. They are not a big name in the golf shoe industry.  If you want to blame someone, blame your local golf store for being complacent. It isn't the shoe companies responsibility to seek out every small local store to sell their goods.

If I were the owner of a small golf shop I wouldn't stock shoes that were not well known. The whole idea of operating a retail store is moving inventory, and, while Trues are probably nice shoes, their sales are tiny compared to FootJoy, Nike, Addidas,ect.

I actually just saw his Putting commercial today for the 1st time, loved it..."you can walk off before hearing the bottom of the cup"

The new commercial with the "pick up you tee before it lands" line is great. I'm a little confused by your post. You say that you won't buy the shoes while simultaneously claiming the commercial does exactly what it's meant to do. Isn't the point of a commercial to get people to buy the product. Companies make money when they sell products, not when people talk about or laugh at their commercials.

Isn't the point of a commercial to get people to buy the product. Companies make money when they sell products, not when people talk about or laugh at their commercials.

Yes and no. Ultimately, yes, the purpose of the advertisement is to sell more products, whether directly or indirectly. The latter can mean various things, such as trying to improve how the company is viewed, reminding people that there is a product, or informing people that a company has a new product branch. In this case, Sketchers' goal probably isn't an immediate one of getting people to go buy Sketchers' golf shoes, but rather to inform the audience that they, like Adidas, Nike, and Footjoy, among others, sell shoes made for golf. Even if you don't buy a new pair tomorrow, you might be more inclined to consider them when you buy your next pair of golf shoes. They're getting more for their advertising dollar because the ads don't just run on television: we also are talking about them. K-Swiss Tubes' non-golf division (I don't know if they sell golf shoes) achieved this effect a few years ago with the Kenny Powers series of ads. The WGC: Match Play got some attention with a commercial narrated by Samuel L. Jackson in 2009. In short: yes, Sketchers wants to sell golf shoes. The effectiveness of this ad campaign, though, isn't necessarily how many they sell this month, but in how much increased brand awareness they bring about.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 3335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!