IGNORED

What do you really think when you see a guy playing yellow balls?

Artimas
Note: This thread is 3057 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Really, do you have a negative (or positive) reaction to yellow balls?

Does it matter if they're a good or bad player?

Really, do you have a negative (or positive) reaction to yellow balls?

Does it matter if they're a good or bad player?

I don't mind yellow balls. I'll use them myself on occasion. When I first started playing you only saw the low end balls come in yellow. Now they are making a lot of the better quality balls in yellow. (Chrome soft, Supersoft, NXT Tour S, Srixon Z star, Bridgestone B330 RX, etc. So the appeal is a lot greater.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For me, doesn't change a thing. Just a color.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I think it's someone that doesn't conform to the pack mentality.  Also, if it's easier for them to see, I'm all for function over form.  Visibility though, I think orange or pink are easiest to see.  A guy playing pink though?  That's someone that really doesn't care about the pack mentality.

But, mostly, I don't give it a second thought and I don't think positively or negatively about it.  To each his own.

Doesn't matter in the least........  I never buy colored balls, but will play found ones providing it's a good ball.    if a guy was playing a pink ball, I might think this is strange!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Nothing, really. And no, it doesn't matter whether he is a good or bad player. There are literally 20-30 things about a golfer that would likely cause me to pass judgment (subconsciously or otherwise) before I got to the color of his golf ball.

Makes no difference to me. Having said that, I've never known or been paired with a good player who played with a yellow ball. I'm sure they're out there. I just haven't ever run into one.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

One bloke i played with could accept my yellow balls but he had nothing but negative comments about the ID mark i put on the ball.  He made some jerk statement how the better players only make marks of 'quality'.  He thought my mark too ugly.

Playing with yellow golf balls is OK.......playing with yellow snow balls, not so much!   HEHE

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I asked because a guy I played with this weekend thought white balls were more "macho". I was indeed playing a yellow Bridgestone.

I didn't feel any less macho... ;-)

I asked because a guy I played with this weekend thought white balls were more "macho". I was indeed playing a yellow Bridgestone.

I didn't feel any less macho...

I love it when those macho types get beat by the less macho yellow/orange/blue or especially pink. Karma at it's finest.

Bob

WITB

Driver:                         Ping I25 10.5 PWR65 stiff Flex

Fairway Woods:          Ping TiSi Tec 3, 5 and 7 graphite Cushin stiff flex

Irons:                         Pinhawk SL 5-PW 37.25 inches 

Wedges:                     Reid Lockhart 52 and 60 quad bounce, 56 dual bounce 

Putter:                        Boccieri Heavy Putter B3-M (250 gram back weight)

Ball:                            MG C4 / Wilson Duo

Grips:                         Winn DriTac midsize Blue

I think it's someone that doesn't conform to the pack mentality.  Also, if it's easier for them to see, I'm all for function over form.  Visibility though, I think orange or pink are easiest to see.  A guy playing pink though?  That's someone that really doesn't care about the pack mentality. But, mostly, I don't give it a second thought and I don't think positively or negatively about it.  To each his own.

+! I play Volvik Vista iV in green. They don't say a lot because I'm usually at least 30 yards past their white balls off the tee. :-)

• Upvote 1

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Doesn't matter but occasionally when I have high school practice we take out our golf balls so our bags don't weigh so much and just pick up range balls we find to use that are yellow lol.

I play them.  It is easier to see.  Also when the other 3 golfers are playing white ball, it's easier to walk straight to my ball than checking whose ball is where.

The only time I got s**t treatment over the ball was when an old dude (in 60's?) gave me a lecture on it after our round.  He trashed the ball saying it is for those who can't hit straight and need extra help in finding their ball.  What?  I just outplayed him for 18 holes!    I smiled at his stupidity and parted our ways in friendly session.   But as soon I walked away, I regretted not snapping back at him with a snide remark on my own.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I was thinking about getting these balls. Is that bad?

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 5 Hybrid
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron
Adams a70S Hybrid Gap Wedge
Adams Lady Fairway 1007 Putter

Makes no difference to me. Having said that, I've never known or been paired with a good player who played with a yellow ball. I'm sure they're out there. I just haven't ever run into one.

What he said.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

+!

I play Volvik Vista iV in green. They don't say a lot because I'm usually at least 30 yards past their white balls off the tee.

I like this... :beer:

I have cataracts, which as I'm sure some of you know, I see things in a haze, if you will, so it's impossible for me to see a white ball against a light blue sky, especially if there's clouds in the sky.

Now, I'm going in on the 18th of this month for my exam. They can only do 1 eye at a time, is what I've been told. I'll still need my glasses, so we'll see how it goes, although I'll still play the yeller ones... :-D

I didn't feel any less macho...

WTF? Was he messing with you or do you think he was serious?

Jon

Note: This thread is 3057 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!