IGNORED

What do you really think when you see a guy playing yellow balls?

Artimas
Note: This thread is 3077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wouldn't give ball color a second thought.  I play with yellow balls because I can see them in flight better.  I like them and play with good balls, :titleist: NXT tour S.  Other than visibility I can't tell the difference between the white ones and yellow ones.

Butch

Sometimes, I like to play against myself, yellow versus white. The competition gets fierce every now and then. . .:-D Yellow balls are much easier to find.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I really don't care what color ball somebody is playing.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I asked because a guy I played with this weekend thought white balls were more "macho". I was indeed playing a yellow Bridgestone.

I didn't feel any less macho...

I would think that being macho would not involve looking at, contemplating or commenting on my balls...

You know, I actually read an article a while back about why pink became the "girl" color, and apparently females see a broader range of colors than males do, and pink, being more subtle, is universally appealing for females. Nevertheless, whatever the case, it is a very flattering color. And it's just silly if men avoid the color. Especially single men. Ladies will notice it.

I have a pink tie that I like to wear with a charcoal suit and a sky blue shirt. Looks fabulous!

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I do not typically play any ball color other than white, mainly from habit.  White is also the color most commonly lost & found and I will use found balls in casual play.  When I run into a player who uses a different color (usually hi-vis yellow) I do take note.  As others have said, I have yet to see someone who appears to have a low single digit handicap playing anything but a white ball.  Based on my very limited sample, I might wrongly assume on the first tee that the yellow-ball playing stranger is not a terrific golfer.  No doubt I will be wrong at some point as colors other than white seem to be increasing a bit in popularity.

Brian Kuehn

I think white balls are more elegant. James Bond would surely use white balls only (he used white balls in the movie Goldfinger).

For me, I can see white balls better on the fairway or rough.

However, I really like the fact that when I use yellow balls I can immediately identify my ball out of the bunch because most people I play with only use white.

When I use yellow balls it's NXT Tour S. They are very good balls and they have a very nice shade of yellow. Other balls have a greener shade of yellow which I don't like.

More men should wear pink. It's actually a very flattering color on all complexions. I guarantee if you wear a pink shirt to work you will get a ton of compliments.

You are NOT kidding. I get so many compliments with my trim fit pink dress shirts.

Colin P.

I asked because a guy I played with this weekend thought white balls were more "macho". I was indeed playing a yellow Bridgestone.

I didn't feel any less macho...

While personally I think the whole macho thing is kind of silly, I think your playing partner was a little confused about which balls control the macho level.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

You are NOT kidding. I get so many compliments with my trim fit pink dress shirts.

Yup. Great with a dark suit.....! :beer: Well, except not the "trim fit" part for me..... :-(

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Are you being blue when talking about the pink?

You know, I actually read an article a while back about why pink became the "girl" color, and apparently females see a broader range of colors than males do, and pink, being more subtle, is universally appealing for females. Nevertheless, whatever the case, it is a very flattering color. And it's just silly if men avoid the color. Especially single men. Ladies will notice it.

Not at all...I've owned more than a few Pink shirts in my life, and would not hesitate to buy another, even at my old age... :-D

I have no concern whether someone plays a yellow golf ball or not.  I have a preference for white, but if someone gave me decent yellow balls I would play them.  Actually, with my aging eyes yellow may make more sense, but I do like the classic look of a white ball.

Are you being blue when talking about the pink?

Funny you should mention that article.

I believe pink was actually favored by men in the 1800's but somehow became less "manly" in the 1900's.

I actually like my pink shirts.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

While personally I think the whole macho thing is kind of silly, I think your playing partner was a little confused about which balls control the macho level.

Crap!  Now I got coffee all over my keyboard.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I wouldn't worry about your partners option, he sounds pretty superficial/goofy.

If the color of a golf ball effected a guys masculinity they wouldn't make blue pills.

I have a couple of different colors I use, I have a hard time seeing a white ball in the sky on certain days.  Plus I like playing a ball that is different than the people I am playing with.  Just easier to tell who is who, I really like a logo ball for that reason too.

My little brother wears pink all the time, I give him a hard way to go about it, but not many other people to, he is 6'4".

I think white balls are more elegant. James Bond would surely use white balls only (he used white balls in the movie Goldfinger).

Dude, did they even make colored balls when Goldfinger was made?

Being something of a Bond afficionado, my assessment is thus:

Connery would use a white ball.

Lazenby wore a kilt in part of On Her Majesty's Secret Service, so he'd play with "free" balls.

Moore would definitly use an pink exploding grenade ball. Because, gadgets.

Dalton doesn't play golf.

Brosnan would use white.

Craig would use whatever color would ensure a fistfight.

And if you're talking about Dean Martin's Matt Helm Bond parody, his ball would be this:

• Upvote 1

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 5 Hybrid
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron
Adams a70S Hybrid Gap Wedge
Adams Lady Fairway 1007 Putter

Quote:

Originally Posted by arturo28mx

Dude, did they even make colored balls when Goldfinger was made?

Being something of a Bond afficionado, my assessment is thus:

Connery would use a white ball.

Lazenby wore a kilt in part of On Her Majesty's Secret Service, so he'd play with "free" balls.

Moore would definitly use an pink exploding grenade ball. Because, gadgets.

Dalton doesn't play golf.

Brosnan would use white.

Craig would use whatever color would ensure a fistfight.

And if you're talking about Dean Martin's Matt Helm Bond parody, his ball would be this:

:-D

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

For years if you saw a yellow ball while playing automatically you knew I was range ball, but now these manufactures have the same ball quality in yellow without skipping a beat, honestly couldn't care less what color, type etc ball someone plays, it neither concerns me or bothers me at all.

I played yellow sxrions for a few rounds last winter but actually had a harder time finding them, especially in the fairway. Our Bermuda fairways get pretty yellow and my really terrible vision couldn't pick them up nearly as quickly.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Note: This thread is 3077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!