IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3291 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

For the discussion of the first major toonamint of the year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You must have been excited when you typed that one up! :) First question, will there be a Tiger sighting? I personally think the worst thing that could happen to the event is having Tiger show up and then realize that his glutes aren't activating.. Leave the spot to someone with a shot please... Or make sure you are really ready to play at least the first two rounds.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

You must have been excited when you typed that one up! :)

First question, will there be a Tiger sighting?

I personally think the worst thing that could happen to the event is having Tiger show up and then realize that his glutes aren't activating.. Leave the spot to someone with a shot please... Or make sure you are really ready to play at least the first two rounds.

Yep, that will definitely be the worst thing that could happen to the event. No doubt about it. :whistle::doh:

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Yep, that will definitely be the worst thing that could happen to the event. No doubt about it. :whistle: :doh:

Well I already saw the freak show in the tourney where he walked off.. Why would I want to see it again? I guess it would be fun to have him as the punk line for jokes for a while, but we've been there and done that. So, what I'm saying is rather than the freak show give a shot to some unknown dude to enter as the last person in the tourney and fulfill his dream of playing at a masters! :)

Eyad

• Administrator
I personally think the worst thing that could happen to the event is having Tiger show up and then realize that his glutes aren't activating.. Leave the spot to someone with a shot please... Or make sure you are really ready to play at least the first two rounds.

Eyad, seriously? The glutes joke is how old?

And, more to the point, Tiger playing does not take a spot away from anyone . As a former champ, let alone a four-time former champ, he automatically qualifies. He doesn't take a spot from anyone, nor does anyone "extra" get in if he doesn't play.

Your attempts at, what, going "full heel" or something are pretty goofy. Just stop. You're making yourself look bad.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

Eyad, seriously? The glutes joke is how old?

And, more to the point, Tiger playing does not take a spot away from anyone. As a former champ, let alone a four-time former champ, he automatically qualifies. He doesn't take a spot from anyone, nor does anyone "extra" get in if he doesn't play.

Your attempts at, what, going "full heel" or something are pretty goofy. Just stop. You're making yourself look bad.

Yeah.  Let's talk about the upcoming tournament, not ancient and :offtopic: history.

I'd love to see Tiger in there playing at least halfway decently, but right now I'm not even going to try and forecast it either way.  There are still a whole raft of contenders to talk about.  Anyone with half a brain would have to put McIlroy at the head of the favorites list.  It would be great to see him shrug into his first green jacket.  Spieth has to be in any such discussion.  Fowler has placed well in the last 4 majors.  He would be another player high on the list.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

It doesn't matter who plays to me, I just love the masters, it's my favourite tourney after the Ryder cup, and it kind of kick starts the golf season here in the uk! Looking forward to see if Rory will be in contention this year, and if speith and bubba can play as well as last year, also if fowler or Garcia can get close at the end, either way, your pretty much guaranteed a great week with some great golf! And the actual course!!! Well it's just a place of absolute beauty, (at least on the TV it is anyway) such a shame I'll never be able to play it, part of the reason it's at the top of my golf course bucket list

Gaz Lee

It doesn't matter who plays to me, I just love the masters, it's my favourite tourney after the Ryder cup, and it kind of kick starts the golf season here in the uk! Looking forward to see if Rory will be in contention this year, and if speith and bubba can play as well as last year, also if fowler or Garcia can get close at the end, either way, your pretty much guaranteed a great week with some great golf!

And the actual course!!! Well it's just a place of absolute beauty, (at least on the TV it is anyway) such a shame I'll never be able to play it, part of the reason it's at the top of my golf course bucket list

I hope that the odd weather this winter doesn't have an adverse effect on Augusta National.  I know that they will spare no expense to have the course looking the best it can.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

You must have been excited when you typed that one up! :) First question, will there be a Tiger sighting? I personally think the worst thing that could happen to the event is having Tiger show up and then realize that his glutes aren't activating.. Leave the spot to someone with a shot please... Or make sure you are really ready to play at least the first two rounds.

Clearly the worst thing that could happen is if Trevor Immelman won again.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Eyad, seriously? The glutes joke is how old? And, more to the point, Tiger playing does not take a spot away from anyone . As a former champ, let alone a four-time former champ, he automatically qualifies. He doesn't take a spot from anyone, nor does anyone "extra" get in if he doesn't play. Your attempts at, what, going "full heel" or something are pretty goofy. Just stop. You're making yourself look bad.

The glutes joke is never going to get old (to me anyway), so I am going to reserve the right to use it as often as possible (especially since it is still fresh in 2015 isn't it?). :) Furthermore, excuse me if I don't know the format of the tournament, but I appreciate the correction. I'll amend what I said.. I think it would be a huge distraction in the masters detracting from the real event if this 4 time champ can't get his glutes to fire correctly and WDs. Although, maybe I should change my stance because I am sure he'll give us something else to talk about if he does play? Forgot to mention: what I would love to see and what I think would be the best thing that could happen is Rory crushing everyone by 6+ strokes. Now that would be exciting!

• Upvote 1

Eyad

At this point Tiger playing is a bonus to me. Its the cherry on top. Ice cream is delicious by itself, with a cherry on top its complete; but you dont need it. I would love to see Tiger, but at this point, we need to move on. Here's to Rickie and Rory and Jason Day, Bubba, Spieth, those guys competing on the back 9 Sunday.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

• Administrator
The glutes joke is never going to get old (to me anyway), so I am going to reserve the right to use it as often as possible (especially since it is still fresh in 2015 isn't it?). :)

It's not still fresh, no. It was funny for a day or two. Maybe three if you were late to hear about it. But hey, if you want to keep making comments that nearly everyone else thinks are stale and/or dumb, by all means… go for it. :P

Furthermore, excuse me if I don't know the format of the tournament, but I appreciate the correction. I'll amend what I said..

If you're going to make a comment about something you should try to make sure you know what the heck you're talking about. And seriously, dude, c'mon. Gary Player was playing the Masters only a few years ago. The field is famously small. These are things avid golf fans tend to know. The next time you want to play the part of the heel or troll or whatever it is you're doing lately, please consider at least getting some basic facts right.

I think it would be a huge distraction in the masters detracting from the real event if this 4 time champ can't get his glutes to fire correctly and WDs.

I disagree that it would be a huge distraction.

You bastard. I was gonna start this thread and get "Kickstarter of the Millennium"....

Colin P.

You must have been excited when you typed that one up! :)

First question, will there be a Tiger sighting?

He needs to do the Golf World and his fellow PGA tour pros a favor and call it quits already - he's become a butt of jokes.

But seriously, he's a distraction to the event and I hope he keeps his YIPS off the tour.

He needs to do the Golf World and his fellow PGA tour pros a favor and call it quits already - he's become a butt of jokes.

But seriously, he's a distraction to the event and I hope he keeps his YIPS off the tour.

Tiger is a distraction, really?  He's still the needle mover in golf and I'm pretty certain the members of Augusta National don't consider him a distraction to their tournament.

Joe Paradiso

If you're going to make a comment about something you should try to make sure you know what the heck you're talking about. And seriously, dude, c'mon. Gary Player was playing the Masters only a few years ago. The field is famously small. These are things avid golf fans tend to know. The next time you want to play the part of the heel or troll or whatever it is you're doing lately, please consider at least getting some basic facts right.

I was stating what sounded logical to me.. If there are 120 or whatever in the field and tiger is playing then 121 doesn't get to play. If what your saying is that there are 120 playing and tiger wants to play then 121 will play instead then no I didn't know that and to be honest I don't see it as the big deal your making it out to be.. I'm not going to do a thesis before I comment.

Eyad

• Administrator
I'm not going to do a thesis before I comment.

:doh: C'mon. Nobody's asking you to "do a thesis" (whatever that means).

As I said, the Masters field is famously small, and famous for ANY PREVIOUS CHAMPION being qualified to play. Your statement that Tiger would be "taking a spot" from someone was ludicrous. That's all. Take a minute and read this .

Note: This thread is 3291 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!