IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3296 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think Spieth will take it, and if not, one in the last two groups. Would be really cool if the top four didn't have such a big lead to the pack chasing. Then you'd have Tiger, Rory, Jason etc. close by.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would like to see Spieth win. He looked like the gravity of the situation got to him a little yesterday, but his par on 18 was big. I wouldn't like to see rose win. it's not that I dislike him, he just doesn't do anything for me. Anyone else who is within string distance would be fine with me. I just hope there is some drama coming down the stretch but that the rest of the field gets Spiethed on

I would like to see Spieth win. He looked like the gravity of the situation got to him a little yesterday, but his par on 18 was big. I wouldn't like to see rose win. it's not that I dislike him, he just doesn't do anything for me. Anyone else who is within string distance would be fine with me. I just hope there is some drama coming down the stretch but that the rest of the field gets Spiethed on

You have to Agree though, rose earned his 2nd place, after no luck with any putts early on, he could have easily skipped down the leaderboard, only to go on a great birdie run and battle the his way past Phil! I thought speith was gonna run away with it halfwY through yesterday's round, but there's some great form going into today's finale, I think speith is a worthy and deserved winner, but it ain't over till it's over! And rose/Phil will be there if he slips up! Possibly tiger and Hoffman too! My top 5 prediction is:- Speith Rose Hoffman Phil Tiger

Gaz Lee

I'm reminded why I stopped liking TW.  Gentleman's game? Good to see golf going into the hands of players like McIlRoy and Spieth and others.

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/04/tiger-woods-dropped-an-f-bomb.html

https://vine.co/v/eumUrIr6u9Z

Yeah the cursing, club slamming fits get old. He certainly is the poorest example of how to conduct yourself on the golf course.

I wonder what he tells his kids when he gets home? I wonder what the Tiger lovers tell their kids when they're watching his expletive filled rants on TV.

I hope Spieth shatters his scoring record.

• Upvote 1

KNa, the dark horse.  In front of the pack of patrons all of whom wait for the 'big guns' to come strolling down.  He would be a surprise winner, for sure.

I'm reminded why I stopped liking TW.  Gentleman's game? Good to see golf going into the hands of players like McIlRoy and Spieth and others. [URL=http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/04/tiger-woods-dropped-an-f-bomb.html]http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/04/tiger-woods-dropped-an-f-bomb.html[/URL] [URL=https://vine.co/v/eumUrIr6u9Z]https://vine.co/v/eumUrIr6u9Z[/URL] ----------------------------- [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/117479/] [/URL]

[quote name="RH31" url="/t/80870/2015-masters-discussion-thread/1410#post_1128002"]Yeah the cursing, club slamming fits get old. He certainly is the poorest example of how to conduct yourself on the golf course. I wonder what he tells his kids when he gets home? I wonder what the Tiger lovers tell their kids when they're watching his expletive filled rants on TV. I hope Spieth shatters his scoring record. [/quote] Gotta love the hand-wringing. Wouldn't be a golf tournament without it.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Interesting. The par-5 pin locations are there for the taking. The 2nd, 13th and 15th are the traditional Sunday ones, but the 8th is moved into a position where you could see some Eagles. Also, the 14th is a birdie hole today as the pin is closer to where the balls were ending up yesterday, so they're inviting players to use the slope. However, the pin locations on 11 and 12 are dangerous. You dare not go for those pins.

All in all, after hole 12, it's all green lights. You can go low.

• Upvote 1

Rory, Jordan and others are great players and if on, are as unbeatable as any...

The point I'm trying to make is, Tiger's game is the sharpest I've seen it since he won the 2008 U.S. Open... since the ACL surgery, it's not been the same Tiger, sure he won tournaments after the surgery but it wasn't the same game

Sharpest since 2008? I don't know about that. It was pretty sharp two years ago when he won 5 times, including the Players which is a course that hadn't favored his game. Tiger's played great this week, but I want to see how he follows it up. He had down years in 2010 and 2011 but yet looked pretty damned sharp at Augusta, finishing in the top-5 both years. I truly hope he has a great rest of the year, I really do....but I'm just not trying to get your hopes up just yet. Let's see how he follows it up at Quail Hollow and Sawgrass before we get too carried away.

• Upvote 1

Yeah the cursing, club slamming fits get old. He certainly is the poorest example of how to conduct yourself on the golf course. I wonder what he tells his kids when he gets home? I wonder what the Tiger lovers tell their kids when they're watching his expletive filled rants on TV. I hope Spieth shatters his scoring record.

He probably tells them what most people tell their kids when they swear in front of them. It's not rocket science, nor is it somehow unique to Tiger Woods.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

A cliche, but it got a chuckle from me when Damon said it on Morning Drive this morning: "objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear"

I don't think either Tiger or Rory can realistically win this, but I think they will have an important role in the feeling of the final round. Yesterday was incredible, in large part to how those two worked their way up the leaderboard. It was electric.

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

A cliche, but it got a chuckle from me when Damon said it on Morning Drive this morning: "objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear"

I don't think either Tiger or Rory can realistically win this, but I think they will have an important role in the feeling of the final round. Yesterday was incredible, in large part to how those two worked their way up the leaderboard. It was electric.

Funny but true - nice picture.

Love listening to Faldo the last day or so. Keeps dropping Greg Norman's name ('96 collapse) in his interviews. Not what Spieth wants to hear about.....or even think about.

• Administrator
I'm reminded why I stopped liking TW.  Gentleman's game? Good to see golf going into the hands of players like McIlRoy and Spieth and others.

Thank goodness lots of the players are not mic'ed up more often. You'd only be left with liking Matt Kuchar.

People swear, @Rick Martin . Just as it confounds you how a professional athlete trying to compete under enormous pressure to do something he's worked his entire life to do could possibly do something as outrageous as commit an actual crime let fly with a curse word, I remain confounded as to why that confounds you.

People swear. Thank goodness the line in an NFL game isn't mic'ed. Or the benches in a hockey game. Or the local foursome of guys playing golf. Or, you know, anywhere where men are playing a sport.

I wonder what he tells his kids when he gets home? I wonder what the Tiger lovers tell their kids when they're watching his expletive filled rants on TV.

Do you? You wonder what he tells his kids about behaving the way he does?

Guess what? I swear. Sometimes I swear around my kid. My wife too. And we're great parents… the weird thing is, our kid knows she doesn't get to swear until she's older. It's something adults get to do while kids do not.

He probably tells them what most people tell their kids when they swear in front of them. It's not rocket science, nor is it somehow unique to Tiger Woods.

Edit: oops. @jamo had already covered that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by onthehunt526

Your just a Tiger hater admit it...

What makes you say that? I love Tiger.

Best to read my post.....it was about him not necessarily winning a couple of majors this year because there are a couple of half decent hackers out there who may like to compete.......

Let's see, Tiger, coming off a long period of injury and recovery, is staying even with McIlroy who was one of the top picks to win.  I'd say that Tiger is playing better than anyone expected, except maybe for Tiger himself.  The first round was a test, and since then he has played like Tiger is expected to play.  He is showing that he can hold his own with the kids.  Spieth is playing out of his gourd, like Tiger did in '97.  Unless he falters, nobody in the field is going to threaten him.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Isn't it great that you don't have to hear the morons yelling mashed potato on every drive.

Probably why I am turned off watching most of the regular tour.

The Masters and the Open are my two must sees.

Oh and to keep it on topic ......... go Jordan go.

Note: This thread is 3296 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!