IGNORED

Have you ever hit anybody golfing?

pumaAttack
Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have hit a couple golf carts with people inside of them but luckily no body contact. Its a terrible, heart-dropping feeling watching your ball track right at someone. I wish I could hit the golf ball where I wanted it to go every time hahaha

Couple weeks ago I was visiting a sick relative and played a few courses for the first time. One was laid out very odd, older course with a design that seemed more about just getting a golf course on the land randomly using the space. Anyway on the forth the regulars I played with told me there was a ditch splitting the fairway and that most men can't carry it so I hit a 7w. That stopped the ball about a foot from the ditch and left me an overly long approach on a upslope of bare ground. So the lie and footing sucked. So I grab a 6 iron and hit a high pull hook thing but I can't really tell where it is going to land. I saw people over there but had no idea they would be in range. I asked what is over there and they say number 1 green. Sure as shit there is my ball on the fringe. It had to have landed close to them.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A few years ago I was out with my golfing buddy who had just gotten the new R11 driver (I was amazed by it haha!). We're on the 10th hole (par 4 386 yards, dead straight) at our home course and I asked my bud if I could give the R11 a whack. There's another twosome behind us, waiting. One of the guys is standing near the sign for the hole that tells you the yardage, shape of the hole, etc. It just so happens to be made of metal... We're playing from the back tees, so the guy beside the sign is diagonally to me left. My friend neglects to tell me that he put a new shaft on the R11, one that was really short, compared to mine. So I line up, first time hitting it, and give the ball a big whack. I hit the ball with the toe end of the club, open club-faced and the ball goes flying towards the metal sign, literally inches from the guys head. It hits the sign with an almighty BOOM that echoed throughout the golf course. I froze there, then turned to the guy after a few seconds and apologized. Surprisingly he was pretty cool about it, as if nothing happened! My ball was nowhere to be found surprisingly.

The best part is that there's a small dent in the sign that's still there today. Every time I play that hole I always check it out and have a laugh about it with my friends. :)

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Yeah.....guy thought it would be funny to kill a goose with his driver. I confronted. He said words and I flooded him. No regrets.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

A buddy of mine hit driver and ended up hitting a guy that was hitting his ball from the tree line (he was playing a different hole).  My friend didn't see him because of the slope of the fairway.  It hit the guy in the head and he had to be airlifted to a hospital...  My friend was a good golfer (about a 6 handicap).  He was so shaken up by the incident he actually stopped playing for a couple years.

I threw a golf ball at someone ....  (hate to admit it, but it's funny to me now)....  Unfortunately, when I was about 17 there was a guy that was yelling on the course and wouldn't shut up.  I swear I think he was trying to piss other golfers off by yelling in their swing.  Our group had asked him to keep it down a couple times (it was a small par 3 course so we were always in close proximity)....   Well I was about to hit my tee shot and he yelled in my swing.  I calmly stepped away and reset....   and he did it again right as I got the top of my swing and I was able to pause....... I instantly dropped my club picked my ball up off the tee and proceeded to crow hop and throw a bullet at the guy like I was gunning down a runner at the plate in the ninth inning of a tied game 7.....  I yelled FORE!  as it one hopped and hit his cart!     I honestly think that was most angry I had ever been on the golf course (but man that felt so good!)...

With all due respect to other golfers, I'm all for having a good time on the course, and generally I don't mind someone being loud, celebrating or what not...   but I swear this guy was doing it on purpose in our swings!!  Another golfer that recognized me and saw me do it and approached me after the round to thank me lol....   I was definitely in the wrong but it felt so right!!!!

PS, I really do not condone those type of actions even in retaliation, it's never really justified (even though I just tried to justify it lol).

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

I hit a guy one time. He was in our group and drunk as a skunk. My ball was 50 yards off the green. It was an elevated green. 3 of them were on and it was my turn. I told them to get back, but they insisted it was ok. So, I hit a high lob shot that was coming down on the green. The drunk was clowning around acting like he was going to catch the ball in his mouth. It came down and hit him in the chest. I apologized and asked if he was ok. He was really upset, and kept apologizing to me. He said if he hadn't been in the way, my ball would have been real close to the hole. I am so thankful it didn't go down his throat. If he had been about 4 inches closer to me, it would have hit his mouth. He was in a position like a sword swallower. If it had lodged in his throat, he would have choked to death. Crazy, and hard for me to believe and I was even there when it happened. Jack.

Jack

• 1 month later...

Here's a new one:

Today I was standing beside a fairway bunker on the ninth hole and the guy on the mower was cutting the rough beside me. All of a sudden I heard a whizzing sound, and then was hit in the chest, right beside the sternum, with a golf ball. Full disclosure, it was a half of a golf ball that came from under the riding mower.  Apparently the mower guy didn't see the ball in the rough and drove right over it.

Fortunately I wasn't hurt, but I saved the ball and am putting it in my trophy case right beside my "Hole-in-One" ball. :whistle:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Some woman hit me a couple weeks ago.  At least I think it was a woman, it looked like a couple on the hole behind me and both were short and fat and I couldn't tell them apart.  Anyway, I was on the next hole walking off the tee box and the ball hit me in the back of the thigh.  No warning whatsoever.  Stung for a while but no serious damage.

I hit a girl once when I was in HS. Her and her coach were in the fairway on a long par 5 dogleg right. They were around the corner, and according to my buddies and our coach who was playing with us, "Way farther than you could ever hit it, bud". Well, the stars aligned that day and I crushed my drive with a nice fade that turned the corner perfectly. We all yelled, but the municipal airport was right next door and with a plane flying over they didn't hear us. The ball came down and hit her on the foot, broke the bone just behind her big toe....I felt terrible and her coach was yelling at me. Seems she was the star player and we had district tournaments the next day :( My coach assured them we had been yelling, and that he had told me to go ahead since they were so far down and around the corner, but it didn't seem to appease the girl's coach at all..

I was hit once, shortly after I started playing golf. I was probably 13, and out with my dad and we were walking up to our tee shots on a par 5. I might have hit it about 220 back then. Some boneheads came up on the tee behind us and hit their tee shots. I caught a one-hopper in the back. They never yelled Fore, and didn't have much reaction to me going down. Well, until my dad teed that ball up and hit it back at them, bounced it off their cart - it was the straightest ball I had ever seen my dad hit. They jumped in the cart and came charging down the fairway....my dad went all Braveheart and started running down the fairway toward them with his driver in hand, yelling his "war cry". They turned that cart around and hauled ass out of there!!! Never saw them out there again!

Yeah. Typical loudmouth playing with another guy..trying to impress the two girls with them who weren't playing. I saw the goose do the classic charge when he got too close....the goose stopped. He went back to his cart and got his driver. I couldn't hear what the others said but I heard his friend laughing after he bashed the goose in its neck. Now I'm not a PETA radical but I can honestly say I felt sickened when he did that. I was playing with an older guy I'd been paired with. When I saw the look of horror on his face...I actually got enraged. I said " sorry buddy...I gotta go over there...I'll catch up with ya." In short...the guy had definitely had a few....and I'll admit I didn't approach as politely as I could've. I said "are you outta your f...... Mind?" He says ...." F... Off its just a dumb F....... Goose ....they're a pain in the ass out here." "You need to leave. Go find another place to get loaded and just get the hell outta here" He jumps outta his cart grabs a club and says "look here m.....f....." and to his surprise I squared him on the nose. The typical cursing ensued....blah blah.... But it seemed his friend kinda felt he deserved it as he didn't do anything. The only funny part was one of the girls grabbing his golf towel and kinda tossing it on him so he could hold his nose with it. I didn't handle the situation in the best way. But I felt I did what was best for the goose. I reported the incident and never heard anything else about it.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Yeah. Typical loudmouth playing with another guy..trying to impress the two girls with them who weren't playing. I saw the goose do the classic charge when he got too close....the goose stopped. He went back to his cart and got his driver. I couldn't hear what the others said but I heard his friend laughing after he bashed the goose in its neck. Now I'm not a PETA radical but I can honestly say I felt sickened when he did that. I was playing with an older guy I'd been paired with. When I saw the look of horror on his face...I actually got enraged. I said " sorry buddy...I gotta go over there...I'll catch up with ya." In short...the guy had definitely had a few....and I'll admit I didn't approach as politely as I could've. I said "are you outta your f...... Mind?" He says ...." F... Off its just a dumb F....... Goose ....they're a pain in the ass out here." "You need to leave. Go find another place to get loaded and just get the hell outta here" He jumps outta his cart grabs a club and says "look here m.....f....." and to his surprise I squared him on the nose. The typical cursing ensued....blah blah.... But it seemed his friend kinda felt he deserved it as he didn't do anything. The only funny part was one of the girls grabbing his golf towel and kinda tossing it on him so he could hold his nose with it. I didn't handle the situation in the best way. But I felt I did what was best for the goose. I reported the incident and never heard anything else about it.

[quote name="pumaAttack" url="/t/81029/have-you-ever-hit-anybody-golfing#post_1120552"]Today I was practicing on the range at my local course.  I was working on short wedges shots, which I tend to mishit.  I took one shot and it shanked off the hosel and it went flying right.  I never really saw the ball but knew it wasnt good.  As I looked over to the right I saw a women get hit square in the head.  I knew it was my shot. She went straight down to the ground... I went over to see her and she was covered in blood but was sitting up and talking.  She kept saying she was ok and to not worry about it.  Her friend was with her, luckily, and they put a bandage around her head and drove off to the hospital.  I asked if there was anything I could do and they said no but i still feel awful about it. Has anybody else had any other experiences like this? [/quote] I was hit in the head once. Was at Sharp Park golf course in Pacifica, CA. I heard a four, and one second after that I was wack!

I'd like to think I would handle it the same way. Especially glad you reported it. At the very least people like that need to find a different place to pass their time. Ridiculous.

Hit once. I was on the tee box of the next hole after a par 3 and a ball came off the pine tree next to me and hit me on the shoulder. No big deal, the tree took the velocity out of the shot.

I almost hit someone once though. I hit an approach out of position in front of the next tee. And after the group hit, I thought I'd keep things moving by quickly punching back to my fairway through the trees. In my rush I shanked the wedge and hit the front roof support on the cart of a women playing in that group.  All I could do was apologize profusely, but it sure took the air out of that round.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

I haven't hit anyone but I was almost hit in the face one day. I had just finished up on the 18th and there hadn't been anyone behind me all day because it was mid day in the middle of the week. I walked off the green about 20 yards away and was writing down my score when I heard a very faint "fore". I didn't think anything of it but the next thing I know a ball hit the bill of my hat so hard it pushed the bill all the way to my nose. Thankfully it slowed the ball down enough that it didn't have enough power to hurt me and the ball just deflected off to the side. A guy and his girl came flying up on their cart. The guy started apologizing and asking if I was Ok. I told him I was fine and not to worry because it was my fault for standing there. I can't imagine how that would have ended up had I not had that hat on though because it would have hit me square on the bridge of my nose. Scary thought.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

ok, so I was playing in fairly large tournament nd on this par 4 probbly about 350 yards, a good 150 yards out middle of the fairway these dumbass high schoolers tee off and sed one right by a person I was golfing with and they said nothing.looked back like hey really? we walk another 50 yards and someone sends one right over our heads and dropped another 15 yards out. no fore again, but wait it gets better. I m standing on the damn green waiting for this guy to finish putting and this dude from 100 yards away hits to the green with us still on it. I was standing on a down slopend the ball cauvght the top of the hill nd bounced about 6 in. above my head. They said nothing again.

It seems to be a hazard of the game.  I have hit someone twice in the years of playing.  Fortunately never any serious injuries and in both cases I could not see the foursome in front me.  First time was a foursome looking for a ball in the woods with no visible sign of them near fairway/rough.   So believing it was clear I teed up and hit the drive just about the same time a couple of players emerged from the woods.   My ball hit the one of them after a couple of three bounces and yes as soon as I saw them I did yell "fore" and I did apologize.  The second time was in PA at a course I was unfamiliar with where one hole has small stream crossing the fairway and a corresponding depression of some depth and size so that you cannot see the players in front of you as they are hitting their second shots.  But there is a large bell at the top on the green side of the depression you're supposed to ring when you clear the area so the players behind know you're clear.  Well someone rang the bell and then apparently decided they had left a club behind and went back to get it.  Since you can't see from the tee box we teed off and apparently one of us hit the fellow as he was waiting for us when we walked up and was pretty angry.  Turns out it was me, or at least he ID'ed my ball, and I did apologize but tried to explain that there was no way we could have seen him return to the creek bed.  Anyway apparently he was not hit "on the fly" and was not injured in any way other than maybe a bruise on his leg.

For the record I try to be cautious on the course as I don't want to injure anyone or be injured either.  I have been hit a couple of times in spite of my attempts to be cautious (both times on an adjacent fairway from the player that hit me)  but maybe after playing 20+ years that isn't bad.  I am advocate of making sure the way is clear before hitting a ball but sometimes the course design or other players actions make that difficult especially if you're not a Pro and your shots are not as predictable always as you might like.

Butch

Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!